Greetings!

ixos

Hello. I hope this beautiful fall day finds everyone doing well. Been lurking for a while but finally had the need to ask a couple of questions, so I figured I'd stop here and introduce myself prior to asking my questions in another area of the forum.

Had osteomyelitis in my spine about 5-6 years ago, and that destroyed 65% of my t-11 vertebrae. Been on strong pain meds since then, but I've always supplemented them with cannabis as that helps not only with the pain, but mainly helps with sleep. The pain in my back makes sleeping somewhat difficult, but I've found that cannabis helps immensely.

I've wanted to get my card for a while, but being on disability has made it tough because I'm already on a tight budget. So when it came down to it I always had something more pressing and that always won out over spending $75-$100 for the doc visit. However, when I was at my regular monthly doc visit a couple weeks ago I reminded him that I was still using cannabis so that he'd be aware before I supplied my urine sample. He's always been cool with my usage so I had no issues telling him. He turned around and asked if I had my card. I said 'no, but I've wanted to get it', and he surprised me by telling me to bring in the paperwork and he'd sign off on it! Even though he's been cool with my usage, I never really thought to ask him. Afterwards, I asked the medical assistant if she knew of the doc signing off on people's paperwork, and she said 'oh yeah'. That is very cool of him.

Anyway, I've got a couple questions regarding the application paperwork, so I'm off to the patient issues section to ask them.

Oh yeah, thank you for having this forum. I have gathered quite a bit of info from here, and, for the most part, everyone seems rather friendly.

Great news that your primary doc signed your cert. welcome to a great forum. You'll see some in-fighting here but always understand that sick people tend to stick together. But sometimes they get a bit pissy. Take it with a grain of salt. And we all have the goal of helping sick people find relief with cannabis. That's the main objective of this board.