Electric Cost

Tigersfann420

http://energy.gov/energysaver/estimating-appliance-and-home-electronic-energy-use

if you use your 1k lamp to veg you'll be operating 18-24 hours per day.)80-100$ monthly---depending on kwh cost in your area

if only using it for flower(my suggestion) 12 hours daily use. 35-45$   

I use one 2x4 t5 unit to veg with, over a single 2x4 tray. its still requires 485 watts, but the heat production is lower than HID lighting.

you may need ac, depending on your home temps, you may need a dehumidifier depending on RH in your home.

Tents wont negate the need for proper controls but they will absolutely maximize your light supply to your plants.

my first garden was in a tent, that monster vegged in that tent(left upper corner) under a 400 watt metal halide 22 hours a day for 57ish days(techna flara hydro/flood/drain

Ff

holy grails

• 3 years later...

Dude, with such expenses, you lose all your money when you pay bills. I constantly save because otherwise I’ll just get huge electricity bills. In any case, it is important to mention that it all depends on the energy supplier. The company with which I collaborate is very tired of me and I'm going to find another supplier. What bothered me most was the situation that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I did not have electricity for more than 2 days due to some kind of accident at the substation and in the end I had to pay for these days inclusive ... As a result, I found some very cool tips for a safe and reliable change of supplier to usave.

Edited by AdamJ2020