Auto Insurance In Michigan?

I think it's the contributions to lawmakers that is the crux of the problem. That and the terrible lack of accountability and transparency in our government. Insurance companies pay our law makers for the laws they want these days. And the majority of us just keep voting for the crooks for stupid reasons that don't even make any sense. 

Wild bill - ever been injured forlife by someone without insurance?  I have. In a state that didn't require insurance. I had to sue the driver of the other vehicle who was drunk, and he died and I ended up with 2,300 dollars to take care of myself for an entire lifetime.  No Fault matters. It protects us from the people you are speaking of.

I agree completely, but someone still needs to pay for it. The scofflaws aren't going to do it so who does that place the burden on?

On the contrary, I know several people who buy seven day "transportation" policies so they can buy plates then don't renew until they need new plates.

Let them know how stupid this is. Tell them that their registration at SOS, and on the cop's computer, shows they have no insurance. That's the only thing you can do to make them start carrying their own load and not making the rest of us take up their slack. 

Here in Dickinson county, they drive around every spring and run all license plates of cars in front of houses and behind houses to see if they are insured.  They then send out compliance letters and loss of licensing or vehicle if not.

If your county doesn't do it, make it happen.  Not sure what else to do on that one. Enforcement it is....

Self driving cars are cool,I'm so ready for them. But who will the cops pull over once most cars on the road are self driving? They'll go nuts.

Ever heard of profiling?

They can profile all they want but would still need a legal reason to pull someone over right? Pretty sure a self driving car will be following all traffic laws.

Of course the police will not be able to afford to lose all that revenue so I imagine the republicans will change the law to allow for driving while black to be reason enough for a search.

I've driven a commercial vehicle in 45 of these continental united states.

The absolute worst roads are-

1) California - LA has the worst traffic and potholes I have ever seen.

2) Chicago - heavy traffic and narrow lanes make for the most harrowing experience nation wide.

3) New York - they charged me $35 for one crossing on the George Washington bridge for 18 wheel commercial vehicles and still they have more rust and potholes than any state... not the biggest but defiantly the most.

Michigan's roads are average.