Trump Reality Check

Restorium2

Can you show me some "real" negative results?

Not yet. A lot of folks are getting messed with on that cobble job travel ban. And since they did it by surprise and didn't catch any bad guys it seems dumb now. But I always thought Trump's style dealing with radical Islam is lacking in background intelligence. He's got so much to learn and we can't afford to wait for him to catch up. He must have been playing grab arse too much and not watching current events like others that see how ignorant he is about the world.  He's like a teenager. Maybe it's just dementia? Just like Reagan. 

Well I see cutting the epa, backing out of the tpp, the travel ban, the import tax, cutting taxs for everyone, hopefully he will audit the Fed. All good things in my book

Cutting the EPA will contribute to global warming and will lead to dirty air and water. 

Backing out of the TPP is like the guy who tears apart a clock, he's only useful if he can put it back together. A child can tear apart a clock. 

The travel ban was for Muslim countries who don't have a Trump Hotel. Not the one's that terrorist traveled here from and flew planes into our buildings.

'CUTTING EVERYONE'S TAXES' ! Now I think that is really what you are hanging your hat on. But that's the most ignorant thing of all. What debt? Just cut everyone's taxes and have a big party! Then we can just enjoy some bankruptcy and a hangover.... again.  

Good example of how Trump supporters only see what they want to see. I can't see how they can still support a President who refuses to release his taxes and declare his assets and obligations.

And after bitching up a storm about how Obama was an imperial President, are totally fine with their candidate issuing 17 executive orders in the first week without so much as a heads up to the actual US Government departments involved.

I truly believe most Trump supporters are just too disconnected from reality to even realize how they are being screwed by this billionaire masquerading as a friend to the common man.

Right. And connecting them back to reality is really painful for them I find, like patients awaking from a coma, or new born babes just realizing the harshness of the world they were just introduced to. Not the fake one they were dreaming about, the real deal one, only seen on real news. 

More positive results from the Obama administration;

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week, pointing to tightening labor market conditions that should support the economy this year.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 14,000 to a seasonally adjusted 246,000 for the week endedJan. 28, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

Data for the prior week were revised to show 1,000 more applications received than previously reported. Claims have now been below 300,000, a threshold associated with a healthy labor market, for 100 straight weeks. That is the longest stretch since 1970, when the labor market was much smaller.

The labor market is at or close to full employment, and the Federal Reserve said on Wednesday it expected labor market conditions would strengthen "somewhat further."

Always thinking there's some easy way out.

Like with the public versus private schools.

People put their kids in private schools because they can afford to pay the tuition. Poor folks can't do that so their kids have to go to public schools. It's just that simple. So of course the richer families will have more productive children. But that doesn't justify taking money from the feds to help pay the tuition of the rich kids. That's just a dumb and mean thing to do to poor families who have to rely on the public schools. Taking money away from public schools, or lowering common core standards, is very bad for society. It creates a larger education gap between the rich and the poor. It's creates two classes of people in America. That's a fundamental problem that undermines our very foundation of equality for all Americans, every child gets a decent chance to thrive, not just the 'well to do' ones.

The answer is to fix the public schools, not turn your backs on them. 

Edited by Restorium2

The Core is not a curricula, but a set of benchmark standards that students are expected to achieve at points in their educations in math and language arts. Local districts and teachers, principals, superintendents, school boards, and parents are allowed to tailor what resources they wish to teach lessons. Standards are not lower, but higher. If they are lower, I'd like to know how. What are they lower than?

Edited by GregS

I guess the only solace is the belief he is going to cut taxes for everyone, or maybe bring back coal mining jobs.

Or maybe they are soothed by the thought that they won't have to compete with immigrants for jobs? Or maybe relieved that they can resume their religious preference of displaying bigotry, no longer moored by the evil chains of political correctness.

I've heard some say they just wanted to stir things up. Stirring things up creates train wrecks. 

Alright, don't be an echo chamber. I actually wanted to hear what Apollo has to say on the issues, not bumper sticker slogans. :-)

But as far as the Republicans and Trump goes:

Trump Administration Tried To Fire All Inspectors General - Independent Corruption monitors. Cant have those watching over republicans.

Trump's First Military Operation Goes Disastrously Wrong-  Looks like he Jimmy Carter'd it all up.

Trump Prays For Celebrity Apprentice Ratings At Prayer Breakfast - Always thinking of number one.  America TRUMP First.

SCOTUS Pick Neil Gorsuch Founded "Fascism Forever" Club In High School - Isn't that special.  Trump appointing a Fascist to the Supreme Court. Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy aye?

Reuters Orders Reporters To Treat Trump Administration Like Other Totalitarian Regimes- Doesn't surprise me....

Ilan Berman, vice president of the conservative American Foreign Policy Council think tank, reported that the White House turned off its recording equipment during President Donald Trump's call with Russian President Vladimir Putin. That's odd aye?  the new 13 and half minute tape? Hahaha...

Anyhow,.... that was just some of  today.... I can do this day after day after day.

Someone please defend this....

"But by golly, he is cutting the EPA!!!!!  Jesus be praised!"

I've heard some say they just wanted to stir things up. Stirring things up creates train wrecks.

It seems to me that the only ones stirring things up are the anti-trump protesters setting fires and beating people who support our president. Useing religion to garner support like Nancy the other day"just tell them your a Muslim". They always want to make us out to be racist and that we can show our biggoted status now, its all bs. I don't want to fight with you people, if you don't like my opinion then that's fine that's your right.

It seems to me that the only ones stirring things up are the anti-trump protesters setting fires and beating people who support our president. Useing religion to garner support like Nancy the other day"just tell them your a Muslim". They always want to make us out to be racist and that we can show our biggoted status now, its all bs. I don't want to fight with you people, if you don't like my opinion then that's fine that's your right.

Trying to stay to the issues.

Edited by Restorium2

I feel that the common core restructuring the way they are teaching my children is intended to dumb them down. Have you ever done any common core math? Its incredible to me that it takes 2 full pages to do simple multiplication.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider

look at the examples on this link.

What was wrong with the way you were taught or I was taught. Helping your child with this kind of homework is extremely frustrating.

I'm 35,I live up north and work at a medium sized tube pressing factory and I see it everyday,these kids come in and can't even read basic measuring tools, can't do simple math in their head, need their phone to do 3.750 +.500=4.250

My shop has hired around 30 people under the age of 20 in 2016 and if we are lucky Mabey 5 of them make it threw the first month. Its so bad that almost none of the production workers can measure parts by hand we have to buy expensive computerized cameras to measure parts for them.

People the age you are talking about weren't raised under common core. Common core didn't actually get implemented until the 2010-2011 School year. Those kids are now in 6th grade... ;-) The kids that entered High school in that zone were lost long before. Heh.

And,... you guys sound like really old and grumpy.  "Darn kids".

Bwahahaha....

As far as computerized cameras for cut,... the company realized it did a much better job than you previously did. Less error. Sorry....

actually we constantly have to fall back on the old ways because the machines are wrong. But by all means keep pretending that you know me. Edited by Apollo

Exactly, but if it's the republicans fault why didn't Obama fix it?

Umm,... Common core Is one of Obamas ways to improve. Republicans fought him tooth and nail (filibustered 26 Education bills) that were meant to improve education. Republicans want to get rid of the department of education, so why allow someone to fix it?  Ya know, privatization be destruction.  But Obama did finally get to change "No child left behind" in 2015. Those changes wont be felt for many years though. 

What you are seeing right now is the result of Education from 1998- 2010. The "no child left behind" era is what you are starting to see now.

But I have noticed you didn't get specific about any of those other issues yet. This is only a distraction. 

Honestly, I want to know what you feel needs to be Cut at the EPA? what policies? 

Stuff like this the Republicans just passed and Trump did:

Stream Protection Rule, a Department of the Interior regulation that regulates the dumping of waste from mountaintop removal (MTR) mining. From 2000 to 2003, birth defects in MTR mining counties were 42 percent higher compared to non-MTR Appalachian counties. The Republican Congress suggested in 2015 that the rule could lead to the loss of as many as 78,000 coal mining jobs—even though there are currently less than 54,000 coal mining jobs nationwide. That figure is far fewer than the more than 200,000 Americans employed in the solar power industry alone. Cancer Rates and birth defects have dropped precipitously since the Rule went into effect.

That is why I don't like bumper sticker politics. 

Kill the EPA!

Well, what does that actually mean?  What exactly are the regulations we are talking about here? What regulations are killing 'business'?

I know there are some that I would agree are stupid. But most, the vast majority actually, are kinda important ya know.

So, please, point out a couple things you want to see taken out of the EPA. 

I mean, there are going to likely be thousands of changes occurring to regulations under republican control.  Is it really what you want?  Big Pharma killing more people quicker? They already kill about 300 people a day.  Meh,... whats a few more....

Heh.