Medical Marihuana Operation And Oversight Grants - Fy2016 Report

bax

missaukee county sherrifs report:

this grant paid for approximately 102 hours of compliance checks at the officer's hourly rate of $34.58 for a total of $3,538. This officer actually spent 119 hours on compliance checks and that was only over 8 1/2 months, not a full year.

muskegon

In total, 93 patients and caregivers were contacted to provide compliance education. Of those

93 individuals, only 12 were compliant or 13% with the regulatory expectations of the State of

Michigan, 81 were found to be out of compliance with the regulations set in place.

oakland county lays it out

One of the issues NET investigators encountered was patients or caregivers with large amounts of

marihuana overages. I believe that one of the issues is that caregivers are becoming extremely proficient at

cultivating marihuana and are able to produce one pound of marihuana per plant which yields (12) pounds

of marihuana when the plants are harvested per patient. Per the MMMA, a patient can only possess 2.5

ounces of Marihuana and or 12 marihuana plants. the patient or caregiver is in violation once the plants are

harvested. The MMMA does not provide a legal remedy for the patient or caregiver to address this issue.

Edited by bax

oakland county lays it out

One of the issues NET investigators encountered was patients or caregivers with large amounts of

marihuana overages. I believe that one of the issues is that caregivers are becoming extremely proficient at

cultivating marihuana and are able to produce one pound of marihuana per plant which yields (12) pounds

of marihuana when the plants are harvested per patient. Per the MMMA, a patient can only possess 2.5

ounces of Marihuana and or 12 marihuana plants. the patient or caregiver is in violation once the plants are

harvested. The MMMA does not provide a legal remedy for the patient or caregiver to address this issue.

That's funny I only get 2.5 oz per plant and harvest 1 monthly.... Edited by Apollo

muskegon

In total, 93 patients and caregivers were contacted to provide compliance education. Of those

93 individuals, only 12 were compliant or 13% with the regulatory expectations of the State of

Michigan, 81 were found to be out of compliance with the regulations set in place.

How did they get P/C names, etc.?  Isn't this suppose to be confidential?  

Unfortunately we have seen a lot of patients and caregivers who complain that it is impossible to stay in compliance with weights because of the possible harvest weights from 12 plants. Such discussion played right into the hands of the antis.

Do you huff glue before you post?

Nope. And I always think about how an anti could use what I post. Like all those bragging posts about how 'everything' produces large amounts of cannabis, a pound off a plant, no matter what, when I know some seriously great medical strains that don't produce much off of a plant. 

It's no secret, at least to me, that breeders take excellent strains that don't produce a lot and cross breed them with strains like BigBud that produce a ton. What that gives you is a fluffy, watered down, strain that produces the pounds that are bragged about. To me, that stuff just isn't medical. That's what I'm talking about. That's what the antis need to factor into their twisted logic on 'What We Can Grow' as opposed to 'What We Want To Grow'.

So I tell them in my posts that those strains that produce a pound a plant aren't what I want to grow most of the time. To each his own is key.

I like strains that are strong, take a long time to grow, and don't produce a lot. 

How did they get P/C names, etc.?  Isn't this suppose to be confidential?  

They want you to think it's confidential but it's really not. All they need to do is call and say that you are suspected of a crime and your rights go out the window. 

Fooking tyrants is what they are. We can't leave our home without a police scanner recording our licence plate multiple times and storing the time and location in a data base. There are police cameras mounted on poles everywhere. We can't shoot a gun without a radar detecting where it is being shot from. 

How long until they start using the scanners that can see into your house? See what you ate today... They already exist. They even have a device that can use the wifi signal from your router to see if anyone is inside the house. Our forefathers would not have put up with this bunny muffin. Every last tyrant would have been hung by the hemp rope. 

This is not true at all.

I don't believe that at all. Have you worked in the lara office?

from https://www.aclu.org/other/faq-government-access-medical-records

"National Security and Intelligence Activities Or Protective Services. We may disclose your health information to authorized federal officials who are conducting national security and intelligence activities or providing protective services to the President or other important officials."[ii] 

Q: Can the police get my medical information without a warrant?

A: Yes. The HIPAA rules provide a wide variety of circumstances under which medical information can be disclosed for law enforcement-related purposes without explicitly requiring a warrant.[iii] These circumstances include (1) law enforcement requests for information to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, witness, or missing person (2) instances where there has been a crime committed on the premises of the covered entity, and (3) in a medical emergency in connection with a crime.[iv]

In other words, law enforcement is entitled to your records simply by asserting that you are a suspect or the victim of a crime.

Edited by jammeswinston

Fooking tyrants is what they are. We can't leave our home without a police scanner recording our licence plate multiple times and storing the time and location in a data base.

you're in public, you can be recorded. theres nothing stopping you from recording where the police go all day and putting that in a data base.

have you seen the repo men driving around? they have big cameras in the back of a car and drive up and down the mall parking lots looking for cars to reposess.

dont want to be tracked? dont drive, use uber or public transport or bike.

There are police cameras mounted on poles everywhere.

intersection cameras, i have no idea what these are used for, it would be nice to see what those are all about. probably they arent functional, you know how much it would cost to run and save all that video? also never seen it played on tv from an intersection camera. so no idea what those are. they used to be IR devices to change the lights to green for ambulances, but i dont think thats in play either.

We can't shoot a gun without a radar detecting where it is being shot from.

most cities its a crime to shoot a gun in the city limits anyways (unless at licensed gun ranges). also from looking at the gunfire tracking "radar" they used in detroit, i dont think its very accurate.

How long until they start using the scanners that can see into your house?

the operation and oversight grant, one of the cities sherrifs bought an IR camera.

They want you to think it's confidential but it's really not. All they need to do is call and say that you are suspected of a crime and your rights go out the window.

Fooking tyrants is what they are. We can't leave our home without a police scanner recording our licence plate multiple times and storing the time and location in a data base. There are police cameras mounted on poles everywhere. We can't shoot a gun without a radar detecting where it is being shot from.

How long until they start using the scanners that can see into your house? See what you ate today... They already exist. They even have a device that can use the wifi signal from your router to see if anyone is inside the house. Our forefathers would not have put up with this bunny muffin. Every last tyrant would have been hung by the hemp rope.

This is bad info, they cant just call up lara and ssk if you have a card.

you're in public, you can be recorded. theres nothing stopping you from recording where the police go all day and putting that in a data base.

have you seen the repo men driving around? they have big cameras in the back of a car and drive up and down the mall parking lots looking for cars to reposess.

dont want to be tracked? dont drive, use uber or public transport or bike.

intersection cameras, i have no idea what these are used for, it would be nice to see what those are all about. probably they arent functional, you know how much it would cost to run and save all that video? also never seen it played on tv from an intersection camera. so no idea what those are. they used to be IR devices to change the lights to green for ambulances, but i dont think thats in play either.

most cities its a crime to shoot a gun in the city limits anyways (unless at licensed gun ranges). also from looking at the gunfire tracking "radar" they used in detroit, i dont think its very accurate.

the operation and oversight grant, one of the cities sherrifs bought an IR camera.

Going around and trying to find a police officer and record them is a little different that having a system that automatically scans license plates and gives information about a person.  I would love a system like that which told the name and address of every police officer and information about them. They also have stationary scanners as well. They aren't just in police cruisers. Can I go place a scanner or even a camera in front of a police headquarter? I don't think that would play out too well. 

The intersection cameras just take a picture of your plate if you run a red light and send you a ticket as far as I know. Repo men is a little different than what the police are doing. Park in front of a known drug house/terrorist suspect that had a police car drive by with a license scanner? You could then get harrased by police later because you are now in their data base as a suspect. I could careless about repo men. They are not going to try and violate my rights or raid my house for putting a substance in my body. I make all my payments on time. 

facial recognition isn't here yet but it will get there. They already built a big data base to hold all the police camera video here. It pipes from all the camera street light poles to a database downtown. I just don't like the surveillance state but you obviously seem to not care much. You might if it's used against you in the future.  We are one 9/11 type attack away from a full on dystopian surveillance state. Our current system does nothing to prevent terror. In fact almost every terrorist caught in the US has been a product of the fbi.

https://www.amazon.com/Terror-Factory-Inside-Manufactured-Terrorism/dp/1935439618#customerReviews

"A groundbreaking work of investigative journalism, The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI's Manufactured War on Terrorism exposes how the FBI has, under the guise of engaging in counterterrorism since 9/11, built a network of more than 15,000 informants whose primary purpose is to infiltrate Muslim communities to create and facilitate phony terrorist plots so that the Bureau can then claim it is winning the war on terror."

I think it's way more than 15000 and not just muslim communities...They gave some fake bombs to some white redneck dudes in georgia a few years ago and then arrested them for terrorism. but the point still stands. 

I have worked with the LARA office obtaining records for defendants, and have obtained a detailed affidavit on the procedures from the department. The text you cited has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

I think what I cited does have to do with lara. Hippa is supposed to protect you from having your records accessed. but police officers are entitled to your records simply  by asserting that you are a suspect or the victim of a crime. 

I don't trust their word that they never give out my information to anyone. Not to mention that any federal agent could just say that someone is a suspect of terrorism and to give the records to them. Do you really think some person working in the office is going to tell a federal agent no I'm not giving you any info on that suspected terrorist? I personally don't think so. They then pass those records over to there local law enforcement friends because they are not supposed to be fighting mmj. Federal agents give local law enforcement tips all the time. Maybe they both share the seized assets or some of the unreported cash just goes to the agent. who knows. maybe they even share a little of the weed.