$20M Medical Marijuana Plant Proposed For Kingsley

keyring86

Dude the court ruled that it's illegal to sell weed. Period

You come here to have your questions answered. That's what we do. We have been paying attention to every single tiny detail about the law and what has happened since before it was signed. We have a vast amount of knowledge we can access to help you or show where you are wrong. 

You come here to have your questions answered. That's what we do. We have been paying attention to every single tiny detail about the law and what has happened since before it was signed. We have a vast amount of knowledge we can access to help you or show where you are wrong.

Still no one has proven that I'm wrong ????

Why do I care how you feel? Right is right and wrong is wrong.

(2) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs

associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana.

Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of a controlled substance.

Directly from LARA's administrative rules.

Why do I care how you feel? Right is right and wrong is wrong.

(2) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs

associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana.

Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of a controlled substance.

Directly from LARA's administrative rules.

If you had to defend yourself in court would you use the decision of The Supreme Court Of Michigan or LARA's FAQ page?

From McQueen

For instance, § 4(e) allows a registered primary caregiver to “receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana,” but states that “[a]ny such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.”43 While this section specifically contemplates that a registered qualifying patient may compensate his caregiver, it does not narrow the word “transfer” as used in the § 3(e) definition of “medical use.”44 Rather, § 4(e) independently describes the relationship between a registered caregiver and his registered qualifying patient and provides an additional protection for the patient-caregiver relationship by emphasizing that it is not a criminal act for a registered qualifying patient to compensate a registered primary caregiver for costs associated with providing marijuana to the patient.45

.... Therefore, we hold that the definition of “medical use” in § 3(e) of the MMMA includes the sale of marijuana

Not true. What lawyer has told you that McQueen says sales are not allowed under the MMMA at all? Did you even read the opinion?

I spoke to a lawyer prior to becoming a caregiver. I was told you could charge for your time and labor , but not sell the weed. Do me a favor, call a lawyer that specializes in Marijuana law, and tell me what they say.

From McQueen

For instance, § 4(e) allows a registered primary caregiver to “receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana,” but states that “[a]ny such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.”43 While this section specifically contemplates that a registered qualifying patient may compensate his caregiver, it does not narrow the word “transfer” as used in the § 3(e) definition of “medical use.”44 Rather, § 4(e) independently describes the relationship between a registered caregiver and his registered qualifying patient and provides an additional protection for the patient-caregiver relationship by emphasizing that it is not a criminal act for a registered qualifying patient to compensate a registered primary caregiver for costs associated with providing marijuana to the patient.45

.... Therefore, we hold that the definition of “medical use” in § 3(e) of the MMMA includes the sale of marijuana

Are caregivers required to pay a sales tax? No, which was my original point. The state isn't making an exorbitant amount of money from caregivers.