Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hempifier

Leds

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if kigrow.com LEDs are still available I thought the price was affordable I cannot afford something like Kind LEDs any leads was be appreciated.

I'm not sure but I just got this BESTVA 1000W Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower     .  I haven't used led's too much in the past.  Always used hid lamps Mh/Hps with digital ballasts in the past.  This Led lamp seems to have good reviews and it's dirt cheap.  Wish I could help you more.

I got a couple mars hydro I think they are like 138 watts each but I got a few to try to see if I like well they are ok imo. The fans blow alot of heat out of it. If I'm paying to cool my room it's going to be for hps yields

Im running 600w Viparspectra LED's in addition to my HPS in flower. they are working out great at $189ea (amazon)

Well after 3 cycles with the led cobs i built, i think right now hps is still the best option for bang for your buck....

mibrains likes this

Well after 3 cycles with the led cobs i built, i think right now hps is still the best option for bang for your buck....

I like them for veg but yea in flower hps is the way to go.
mibrains and Apollo like this

I felt like i built a pretty good light with good components, light meter readings(cheap meter) show twice the intensity of the hps at similar distances but i cant keep them as close as my aircooled hps due to light bleaching and light stess.

So to me it seems that my hps still wins imo. The led plants did have positive differences like slightly faster flowering,slightly better colors, tops were smaller but slightly more sparkle.

Im not done experimenting with them yet but i wont replace the tried and true.

Edited by Apollo