How to become caregiver?

Super Yooper

moving to menominee from wisconsin. Would like to be a caregiver. Can i apply directly to become a caregiver, without a registered patient yet? of course I wouldnt have any plants until I arranged patients etc. My prospective patient is reluctant to list me as caregiver until they know I am approved for sure.

Do I apply to be caregiver? all apps ive seen are to become patient. I see where you list your caregiver, how do I become one?

Patients have the rights. Caregivers have nothing without a qualifying patient. The patient is the boss. They can buy legally and pick someone to supply them if they deem you worthy of that. If you want to be a caregiver then apply to patients for the job. You will need a decent resume to prove you can do the job. You can apply for the job here in the classified section. If you can't hold down a regular job for at least a year you need not apply to be a caregiver. 

30 minutes ago, Super Yooper said:

Do I apply to be caregiver? all apps ive seen are to become patient. I see where you list your caregiver, how do I become one?

the forms are on the http://michigan.gov/mmp site

a patient lists you as a caregiver when they register, or by filling out a change of caregiver form.

the patient makes you the caregiver, not the other way around. so no, you cant be a caregiver to no one first. its just the way it is.

Thanks Resto and t-pain for clarifying the relationship, I was confused about it and actually had it backwards. 

Seeing it the correct way now ... I better understand the big financial and legal gamble caregivers undertake. I'm learning about the enormous amount of work it takes to grow quality medicine. A caregivers passion and compassion to help us patients while facing so many serious challenges ... it's truly a blessing that we have access to such wonderful people. Honestly ...