My PM doc was busted

So my PM doc who has seen me for the last 4 years and has also signed my MM forms,( he allowed both MM and my pain meds) has been suspended from Medicare. Must have been in the bust yesterday but they always did it all by the book so I dunno. But, yea, they called me the day before my monthly appt-told me 2 dif stories. Nice one - no Hippocratic oath at that place....

So now I'm looking for a new PM doc which I think I've found BUT he won't allow MM.

So my question is this: I only smoke oil. I smoke only at night before bed and usually only one or two hits does it for me, pain free and can sleep all night. I think I've heard that oil takes less time to clear from UA than smoke.

Does anyone know if I can pass the UA if I stay off the oil for almost 2 weeks?

Aplogize if this is a dumb question. ( I read Dr Bobs idea about opening a MM/ PM clinic and vote me in,"yes it's a great idea"!

Edited by Mpharns
Spelling

25 minutes ago, Mpharns said:

So my PM doc who has seen me for the last 4 years and has also signed my MM forms,( he allowed both MM and my pain meds) has been suspended from Medicare. Must have been in the bust yesterday but they always did it all by the book so I dunno. But, yea, they called me the day before my monthly appt-told me 2 dif stories. Nice one - no Hippocratic oath at that place....

So now I'm looking for a new PM doc which I think I've found BUT he won't allow MM.

So my question is this: I only smoke oil. I smoke only at night before bed and usually only one or two hits does it for me, pain free and can sleep all night. I think I've heard that oil takes less time to clear from UA than smoke.

Does anyone know if I can pass the UA if I stay off the oil for almost 2 weeks?

Aplogize if this is a dumb question. ( I read Dr Bobs idea about opening a MM/ PM clinic and vote me in,"yes it's a great idea"!

Oil would last the same as smoking bud. A mouth swab you would pass in two weeks. Urine might take a month or two. Hair sample takes 6 months or more.

8 hours ago, t-pain said:

and you cant go back to using MM because they test your pee to make sure you're taking the pain prescriptions.

and you cant use other peoples pee or fake pee because they want to see you using those pain prescriptions too.

I'm well aware of the rules - I've been in PM for several years and have always followed the rules involving pain contacts and random UA. So yea I know what the future is probably gonna hold.

i just checked the LARA database this morning and my previous PM doc has his license suspended! ?

since there is a heroin epidemic , and a pill mill epidemic, they are going after doctors. :(

next will be going after pharmacies and pharmacists.

people in pain are now discriminated against every day.

the only answer you get now? "you can live with some pain" , thats it. oh and plenty of this crap "try physical therapy or alternate non-medication therapies like hypnosis and acupuncture."

On 7/15/2017 at 11:14 AM, t-pain said:

since there is a heroin epidemic , and a pill mill epidemic, they are going after doctors. :(

the only answer you get now? "you can live with some pain" , thats it. oh and plenty of this crap "try physical therapy or alternate non-medication therapies like hypnosis and acupuncture."

Yea it totally sucks. I'm a chronic patient - I have and still am in PT. Yea the docs are all scared now.

Edited by Mpharns
Too much info ?

On 7/20/2017 at 4:34 PM, Mpharns said:

So my UA came up negative for mm, thc, pot etc.

im gonna say if you're like me you're not gonna fail.

i told the new doc anyway 

How many days after stopping until UA, I have used one drug test kits and it is always 7-8 days for myself.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, t-pain said:

There really is a major epidemic of opiates on the streets. People you would never think would have a problem are becoming addicts, every day. They start out getting opiates from their doctor and move on to the cheaper heroin. My bro-in-law became addicted after back surgery and a liberal doctor who was writing his 'scripts. After a few months, he went from spending $50.00 at the pharmacy to spending $750 once he lost his insurance. So he's in rehab now for his heroin addiction. An addiction caused by his greedy doctor and Big Pharm. The company making all the money had to put their workers on 12 hour shifts making these pills because they can't make them fast enough.

My mother-in-law is an old time nurse. She did at-home nursing, going to terminal patients homes to help care for them. She tells me that back in the day, the only people who ever got these heavy narcotics were people not expected to be on earth much longer. Somewhere along the lines, some company decided there was a huge market for these strong opiates, so Big Pharm started pressuring doctors into passing them out like candy. It made the stockholders a lot of money and created a lot of addiction problem suffering.

15 minutes ago, Dalbert said:

There really is a major epidemic of opiates on the streets. People you would never think would have a problem are becoming addicts, every day. They start out getting opiates from their doctor and move on to the cheaper heroin. My bro-in-law became addicted after back surgery and a liberal doctor who was writing his 'scripts. After a few months, he went from spending $50.00 at the pharmacy to spending $750 once he lost his insurance. So he's in rehab now for his heroin addiction. An addiction caused by his greedy doctor and Big Pharm. The company making all the money had to put their workers on 12 hour shifts making these pills because they can't make them fast enough.

My mother-in-law is an old time nurse. She did at-home nursing, going to terminal patients homes to help care for them. She tells me that back in the day, the only people who ever got these heavy narcotics were people not expected to be on earth much longer. Somewhere along the lines, some company decided there was a huge market for these strong opiates, so Big Pharm started pressuring doctors into passing them out like candy. It made the stockholders a lot of money and created a lot of addiction problem suffering.

My furthest back personal memory of this is from 1971. Doctors pushing 'Mothers Little Helpers'. Probably went further back than that.

| AUGUST 24, 2017
CATEGORY: 

Norman-A study published on August 9th by researchers out of the University of Mississippi shows that cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive derivative of cannabis, successfully blocks the opioid receptors in the brain, effectively halting the “reward” component of opioid use that leads to addiction.  From the abstract:

“This study sought to determine whether the cannabis constituent cannabidiol attenuates the development of morphine reward in the conditioned place preference paradigm. Separate groups of mice received either saline or morphine in combination with one of four doses of cannabidiol using three sets of drug/no-drug conditioning trials...

...when administered alone, this dose of cannabidiol was void of rewarding and aversive properties. The finding that cannabidiol blocks opioid reward suggests that this compound may be useful in addiction treatment settings.”

The conclusions of the research have, so far, not received as widespread attention as seems to be deserved, considering the implications for how to approach the devastating opioid epidemic currently sweeping the country.

The study is also not the first investigation into the effects of cannabis in the treatment of opioid addiction.  A review of the current literature reveals that cannabidiol attenuates the cravings and other withdrawal symptoms associated with opioid addiction.

A 2015 study, “Cannabidiol as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors: A Systematic Review of the Evidence”, found preliminary evidence of CBD’s importance in mitigating stimulant reward receptors, allowing for a far smoother transition out of addiction.

Marijuana’s effectiveness in treating addiction isn’t limited to heroin alone, but also addiction to other hard drugs such as cocaine and meth.  In a study published in 2013 by the National Institute of Health, researchers found that “cannabinoids modulate brain reward systems closely involved in stimulants addiction, and provide further evidence that the cannabinoid system could be explored as a potential drug discovery target for treating addiction across different classes of stimulants.”

Meth addiction in particular may be effectively treated with cannabis during the critical detox stage that addicts must endure in order to successfully free themselves from dependence on the drug.  The anxiety and depression that the addict endures during detox can be successfully treated with marijuana, dramatically decreasing the probability of relapse. 

Research into the medicinal benefits of marijuana, however, is hindered by its Schedule 1 classification, which means that, for a truly systematic study into the limits of its medicinal potential, researchers must cut through a veritable Gordian Knot of red tape.  Which means Congress must act to remove the archaic restrictions that surround the plant.  Attorney General Jeff Sessions in particular has been at the forefront in a renewed effort to halt further research into medical marijuana.  Sessions, along with the Department of Justice, has halted more than 25 applications for the cultivation of cannabis for the purposes of medical research. 

Despite the retrograde attitude of the current Administration, the research appears to prove conclusively that the key to ending the opioid epidemic is to unleash marijuana’s potential.  Weaning addicts off of opioid-based painkillers and heroin via THC-free cannabidiol, while simultaneously fast-tracking cannabis-based painkillers to replace prescription heroin would be a good starting point.  But cannabis, a drug that has been proven to treat everything from depression, severe childhood epilepsy, post-traumatic stress syndrome, chronic pain, and overall well-being with virtually no side effects, has been viewed as a last resort for many lawmakers.

http://www.reddirtreport.com/prairie-opinions/medical-marijuana-“exit”-drug-opioid-addiction-new-study-shows

For the ones that don't know Cannabis can and does help but you got-an want too first

Well, this information is going to go over like a lead balloon with the prohibitionists. Here they are desperately seeking bad news about marijuana and what do the scientist do? Why they come up with all this scientific hocus-pocus that shows that marijuana is good for people! The only answer for the prohibitionists is to outlaw science or only allow scientists to publish studies that conform to their world view.

But wait a minute, aren't the "Conservatives" trying to take things in that direction already?  I'm pretty sure that they would label this study as "fake news".

Edited by AmishRnot4ganja

Studies are important when they are done properly and the scientific community agrees on the outcome. Just like global warming.  : )

With that being said, medical marijuana has helped me quit a 40 year long cigarette addiction, a 25 year long drinking problem, a 7 to 10 year long addiction to benzos and a 40 year long addiction to recreational marijuana. So it's made me healthier than I have been in a long time.

2 hours ago, bobandtorey said:

Congratulations on quitting all you did i've also quit the Cig's 6 months ago with the help from Cannabis 

Good job on the smoking. I stopped 03/14/13. 4 years later and there are still cravings. Triggers, I guess. When I stopped drinking, I didn't even intend to stop. I just realized one day I hadn't had a beer in a few days. And that was a good year or so before I consciously quit smoking.

There was actually a study done at the University of Michigan by some doctors who were studying how medical marijuana could help people with opiate addictions and also on how MM could be used in place of these opiates.

"Researchers from the U-M School of Public Health and Medical School said their results suggest that for some people, medical marijuana may be an alternative to more common prescription painkillers at a time when national health leaders are asking the medical community to cut back on prescribing drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin."

It's a pretty good read.........even if it is from 2016.

http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/23622-medical-marijuana-reduces-use-of-opioid-pain-meds-decreases-risk-for-some-with-chronic-pain

Thank God for real scientists....not the scare tactics but the honest truth.