The Year of the Plague

Wild Bill

It started with mites. I got rid of them by physically removing them with water. Then the hot streak hit and the root rot set in. I got rid of that with peroxide and beneficial bacteria and now I'm getting spots on my Green Crack and Violator Kush.

I'm thinking maybe a nutritional deficiency caused by the root rot. Any ideas?

violator.jpg

Edited by Wild Bill

I'm running bubble buckets. PH is 6.1.

I cut back on the nutes during the root rot so I don't think it's burn. It does look like bugs but I've inspected the leaves under a microscope and don't see any bugs or eggs. Maybe some insect other than mites that doesn't stay on the plant.

I'm really at a loss.

Edited by Wild Bill

I think I'm going to throw all the plants into flower and try to salvage any I can. Then do another heavy disinfection of the room and the entire system and start fresh from seed.

Sometimes it's best to walk away and minimize your loses.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had time to deal with the plants for a couple of days. When I went to dispose of them today they appear to be recovering. The Green Crack and Violator Kush both have new growth with no spots on them. The White Widow never looked as bad as the others but was recently re-vegged so it still looks a little odd anyway. I'll give them some time and see how it goes. I'm hoping that it was just stress and they just needed a rest.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up saving one Green Crack plant about 1 1/2 foot tall and one rooted cutting. The plant is in flower and the cutting is growing in soil. The problem appears to be system wide so until I can get things reorganized I'm just going to grow in soil.

Going with Blueberry, Lucky Number Slevin and Northern Lights.