Petition to PUNISH POLICE For Turning Off Their Body Cameras

hero4u

HERE is the link to the petition.    
https://www.change.org/p/trevor-aumaugher-police-who-turn-off-their-body-cameras-should-be-punished

"CHANG WILL ONLY COME IF WE THE PEOPLE ENFORCE CHANGE"

Hello my name is Trevor and I am writing this because i am so deeply concerned about the brutality and murder by police in this country.  You may of heard the story over the week about 

ON Saturday July 15th of 2017, 40 year old Justine Ruszczyk of Minneapolis called 911 to report a possible assault near her home, One of the two responding officers shot and killed her for no apparent reason.  According to the mayor, "The police body cameras were NOT TURNED ON"!

I am deeply disgusted, as this is only one of many many instances where police have MURDERED unarmed and innocent people in this country, some which were the very same people who called those police officers who murdered them. These cameras are BEING TURNED OFF at the police officers will.  At any time the Officer deems it necessary they are being turned off AND/OR are classified as, "Malfunctioned", during the incident.
  After the unjustified killing of, Michael Brown, by the hands of Police Officers,The United States Justice Department Awarded over $23 Million in Funding for Body Worn Camera Pilot Program to Support Law Enforcement Agencies in 32 States! Since then more have opted states and agencies have opted into the program. WHEN turned on and used correctly they document all police interactions with civilians.  
These body cameras are supposed to be worn by police at all times to document all civilian interactions, BUT that is not the case.  BOTH Adults and Children have been victims of  Murder by Police!
I am so disgusted that i want this to change.  I have started a petition on CHANGE.ORG to petition the government to create a law the states the following, 

"WE THE PEOPLE would like to petition the united States government to create a law that states that any police officer that turns off his or her body camera during their duty and/or any police officer that knowingly is using a body camera that has malfunctioned but has not reported and fixed the body camera to working order during his or her duty will be punished and fined a minimum of $1000 US dollars and will be placed on non-pay leave for a minimum of 2 weeks.  If the offense continues to occur, then the officer may be fired from their position and/or let go of his or her position and/or duties.  IF and When a Police Officer is involved with an altercation and/or incident and is needed to provide his or her body camera footage AND is unable to do so regardless of reason, that officer will be fined a minimum of $5000 and placed on a non-paid leave for a minimum of 30 days and that officer may be fired from their position and/or duties and/or may be let go from his or her position and/or duties as a police officer.  THIS law is needed to ensure the safety of all United States citizens against Police brutality and corruption and murder and any other crime that may be committed against United States citizens from police officers in the course of their duty."

There HAS TO BE CONSEQUENCES!!!   This is UNACCEPTABLE and we as the people of this country need to come together and force this change!  

HERE is the link to the petition.    
https://www.change.org/p/trevor-aumaugher-police-who-turn-off-their-body-cameras-should-be-punished

The reason why i started this petition is because I can no longer trust the police in this country and because i love my family and i do not want this to happen to them or myself or anyone else.  This last story about the unarmed innocent woman killed by the same people who are supposed to protect them is so sad and just disgusting. there will be NO EVIDENCE because the police decided NOT TO USE their body cameras!?  Does this make any sense to you, me or anyone else with a brain?  This cannot and should not happen.  A police badge does not grant extra rights, NOR should it grant immunity from crimes they commit! 

PLEASE HELP END THIS BY READING AND SIGNING THIS PETITION.  MAYBE IF WE MESS WITH THEIR PAY CHECKS THEY WILL ABIDE BY THE LAW!?

PLEASE VISIT www.copblock.org FOR MORE INFO ON HOW TO EXPRESS YOUR RIGHTS!  RECORD YOUR INTERACTION WITH POLICE AT ALL TIMES!