Reduced Card Fees

Today I received a call from MMMR and I was told that I was not eligible for the reduced fee because I don't have "Full Medicaid". I informed the lady that I have Medicaid and was eligible for the reduced fee last year, she then told me I have ABW Medicaid and that this does not make me eligible for the reduced fee. I then informed her that I receive State Disability (SDA) and she didn't even know what that is. I looked at the rules and R 333.111 Rule 11 (1) states: "...unless a qualifying patient can demonstrate his or her current enrollment in the current Medicaid program..." I sent in all that is required and now I am told I am not eligible. So if there is anyone else out there that is receiving Medicaid and it is not "Full Medicaid" be prepared to pay the full amount of $100 this year. I don't know who to contact about this, being on Medicaid is being on Medicaid and the rules do not state anything about the different Medicaid programs. I am sending out the check for the other $75 today because my card will expire on May 1.

Hey, first I am really sorry they are doing it this way, I work with these types of insurances in my occupation and let me tell you that ABW is indeed not technically medicaid although it is treated as if it is medicaid by most providers (I thought all providers until I read your case), in a sense they are right - 'it is not medicaid' but at the same time it is - you can't have both - my only suggestion is to contact medicaid for your county ABW program and also lansing medicaid - tell them how this insurance 'does not meat your needs' and your provider is asking for medicaid and not your county program.

This is happening with all adults on medicaid. Their files are being reviewed and if certain strict criteria are not met they do not qualify for the "full coverage medicaid" and receive the ABW plan, or they're booted off the program completely. New applicants must also meet the new stricter criteria also to get full medicaid.

Reason is of course lack of funding and to cover as many people as possible a tier system was put in place for medical coverage. One of our group members has the ABW coverage and on the card it states that emergency room visits are not covered.

With ABW I believe there is also no dental, no vision, no hearing testing, no psychiatric help, Its really terrible coverage but I guess better than nothing. She does have $5 co-pay for Dr visits and prescriptions.

I will ask for her letter that tells whats covered and copy and post here.

I do know what ABW covers, my concern is that I am not eligible this year for the reduced fee for my MM card and I was last year. I just want to warn others that my have been eligible for the reduced fee last year, they might not be this year.

I do know what ABW covers, my concern is that I am not eligible this year for the reduced fee for my MM card and I was last year. I just want to warn others that my have been eligible for the reduced fee last year, they might not be this year.

Im on ssdi and medicare and medicaid (mi adult health) all i sent in was a copy of my medicare card and my Mi adult health card (medicaid) and paid 25 bucks, but i heard that you now have to send them in your earnings statement from ssdi to get your renewel for that price,,alot of people had been denied for your reason stated, they cashed the 25 bucks and deinied them, sometimes I think it mite not be worth the chance an just send in the 100 bucks to make sure you get your card,,I know my paperwork saved me but if i was denied for something like that ..it would not have been good!

Mclaren Medicaid,Medicare,ABW,M-care.i sent them 25$ and i will let them tell be if that enough or they can Deni me and i will sent the rest 75$

That is what I did. They didn't deny me, they called me and said I needed to send the $75, which I did. I sent My renewal on 3/19, they cashed my $25 check on 3/25, and called me on 4/15 and told me that wasn't enough because I don't qualify (I had sent all proper documentation), so I sent them another check on 4/15 for the $75. My card expires on 5/1 and I didn't want to let it expire and have to start over again.

Archived