[Tutorial] Uploading Pictures For Posting On Mmma2.0

Grow Thread

HOW TO UPLOAD AND POST PICTURES TO MMMA2.0

finally taking the time to do this. the coffee and GREAT meds have me super motivated today.

first, in the upper right corner of the screen is your user name, it has a drop down menu attached to the little white arrow. choose "my gallery"

med_gallery_13801_60_10244.gif

if you do not have the "my gallery" option, you can also begin the process from the "gallery" button found here:

med_gallery_13801_60_66160.gif

once you get to this point, if you haven't already, you will have to create and name a new photo album. after you have created the album, it is time to add pics!! there are 2 buttons you can use. one is for a single pic upload (new image), and the other (bulk upload) button lets you upload 3 pics at a time

med_gallery_13801_60_45000.gif

after you press one of these 2 buttons, the upload screen will appear. at the bottom of the screen you will see a button that says "browse", clicking this button will let you browse the folders on your computer and choose the picture(s) that you want to upload

med_gallery_13801_60_128993.gif

after you have found your picture, you will be brought back to the same screen, next click the "submit image" button located right under the "browse" button that you just pushed. (you can see it in the picture above)

now you have a pic!!

med_gallery_13801_60_91402.gif

next you want to RIGHT CLICK on the picture, and you will see this:

med_gallery_13801_60_319504.gif

choose "view image info" and the information page for your pic will come up on your screen

med_gallery_13801_60_79051.gif

your target is the address beside the word "location". copy this address. (left click and hold with your mouse while highlighting the entire address, then right click and choose "copy")

once you have the address copied, you are ready to post. in your "reply to post" area, you will see this icon:

med_gallery_13801_60_202235.gif

that is your "insert image" icon. click on it, and a little address bar opens up. this is where you want to paste the address that you just copied. (right click on your mouse and choose "paste")

med_gallery_13801_60_54199.gif

after you have pasted the address in the box, click on "insert image" and WOOOHOOO!!

med_gallery_13801_60_160877.gif

if anything is confusing please let me know and i will describe it differently.

Nicely done... nothing like some good "upper" meds and coffee to get you going!! :D

i am IN NO WAY bashing the mods, but this is something that should have been done right after the switch to the new site. i have only been a member for 3 weeks and i have been asked by 6 different people how to load pics. if it weren't for me being a long time member of another forum that uses the exact same methods i would have been totally lost as well.

once again, NOT bashing anyone, this is a GREAT site........... i just wanna make it better, and this was an oversight that needed attention.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

i am IN NO WAY bashing the mods, but this is something that should have been done right after the switch to the new site. i have only been a member for 3 weeks and i have been asked by 6 different people how to load pics. if it weren't for me being a long time member of another forum that uses the exact same methods i would have been totally lost as well.

once again, NOT bashing anyone, this is a GREAT site........... i just wanna make it better, and this was an oversight that needed attention.

I moved this because it had nothing to do with the sites rules.

Bubble, all the information you explained above is in the help pages under the gallery section and making a post. It isn't that anyone here failed to meet the needs of the members, but a few members that have never looked at the help files.

Best

I moved this because it had nothing to do with the sites rules.

Bubble, all the information you explained above is in the help pages under the gallery section and making a post. It isn't that anyone here failed to meet the needs of the members, but a few members that have never looked at the help files.

Best

thanks garfield. once again, i was not trying to be negative in any way.

p.s.

total accident that it went in "rules" forum. no clue how that happened. sorry.

Archived