Jump to content
  • Featured Article

    • By Michael Komorn in Stories From the Theater of the War on Drugs
      After the legalization of marijuana in Michigan, some patients are thinking they could stop paying the state $100 for the special mmp card , and just use the recreational marijuana law to grow their medicine.
      A patient with a registered card can use the ultimate defense and immunity to avoid a driving under the influence charge.
      Only adults 21 or over are protected by the new legalization law, but no one yet knows how the new law will affect driving privileges.
      Is the zero tolerance of THC in your blood law still in effect for adult use marijuana ? 
      The new law is similarly worded to the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.
      Whereas the MMMA says
      While the meaning of "under the influence" was not decided within the MMMA until 2012, with People v Koon, that was 4 years of police arresting patients for driving with marijuana in their blood.
      The court in People v Koon came to the conclusion:
      Ignoring that for a minute, the Michigan State Police have been tasked with sampling saliva during road side stops for a task force on marijuana driving. The task force was created in order to find a nanogram limit for THC in blood, even though 50 years of scientific research on the subject has consistently said marijuana does not affect driving.
      So my advice is, if you are a patient, keep the patient card active until the courts either give up on all marijuana issues, or at least this driving issue , or it is decided by the Michigan Supreme Court.
      Basically, until non-patients get a similar "People v Koon" ruling from the Michigan Supreme Court, it is advised that any patients keep their cards to protect them fully under the MMMA.
      "Don't be the first person to test this in court."

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Today
  2. I've gone through so many kinds(different generations) I'm pretty much set on my preferences. However, after seeing garyfisher post his, I'm thinking that may be my next jump. The 600w light i used to grow the plant above cost me around 100 bucks. LOL. Not interested in overpriced fixtures one bit. Doesn't matter what anyone says, they are all made in china. Then lights repackaged in the U.S., and prices hiked up 60%.
  3. Hey Slappy, you should check out VividGro lights. They're 600 W and will light a 4'x4' area very effectively; each fixture is about $600. The flowering model has a more white/amber hue that is beneficial for flowering. Full spectrum lights are beneficial since they put off more light wavelengths other than reds and blues that are beneficial for plant development.
  4. I got a 600w full spectrum led light (with optical lenses) I was thinking of retiring. Emits the white glow, I prefer the purplish hue myself. Where you at? I might trade you for clones... That shouldn't break the bank. LOL. Whatchu got? Just finished up 7th Heaven at 48days under the same light. Gotta keep colas away at least 5 inches away from the light.
  5. Resto recommended a 1200 watt led awhile back on this forum. Cost was $80 with discount. Original price was like $120. Bought 2 of them for a 5 x 10 tent. They seem to work well. I will be using a 600 watt HID reflector in center of tent soon. Suggest buying one 1200 watt led for the tent.
  6. ok thanks!
  7. Hello. Im looking for a 1000 watt, or bigger, led for a 4x4 grow tent with good power that WONT break my wallet! ALSO, ow many 1000 watt led lights should i need for a 4x4 tent?
  8. I'd try a 400hps stand alone, or a 250hps and 1 LED. 250W seems too small for a 4x4 by itself. I've noticed great results using hps with LED. I no longer flower in a tent, but have done it twice. Go air-cooled hood to reduce the temps in the tent. Otherwise heat will also be an issue with HPS.
  9. Yesterday
  10. I have a 4x4 grow tent i am using for flowering. I am using led lights right now but want to switch to a HPS light. small room so heat may be a problem. I am thinking about using a 250 watt to help with heat. OR, should i use a 400 watt? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
  11. I figure 8 weeks and mark the calendar. At 7th week I start checking the trichomes and wait until all cloudy mushrooms.
  12. Using LED lights right now and thinking about switching over to a better light. What light should i use for flowering HPS or Metal Halide??
  13. 8 weeks or so depending on what room I have left for them to grow to the panels .
  14. Either way, learn how to pass a sobriety test. If you don't pass that then it doesn't matter what else you do. If you do pass it then it doesn't matter what they do. It's the line in the sand. Prove you are not impaired.
  15. Last week
  16. I usually would veg big plants, lollypop(take clones), then flower. However, I recently began flowering smaller plants and doing no lolly popping. Same usual gas. I guess it depends on personal preference.
  17. I will just simply refuse it! As i said, All attorneys seem to say the same thing, Refuse Refuse Refuse! They make gum called oral clear you can chew, But i say just refuse! a $200 or $300 fine is way better than a DUI! IF you smoked at all that day, you will pry fail! SO just refuse! Safest bet! Contact some attorneys and they will tel you the same ting. IF you do decide to willingly take a drug swab and pass it, make sure to let us know how it turns out for ya!
  18. Ran a few plants outside this year, not enough sunlight though. Opened up some of the cover towards the end of the cycle, but too late. Hopefully next year I will have a better setup. Just moved here a year ago.
  19. Make sure to understand what a roadside impairment test is and how to pass it. It's your best line of defense.
  20. ALSO, police CANNOT take a blood test WITHOUT A WARRANT! Thus the need for a breathalyzer and a drug swab. IF YOU REFUSE a breathalyzer, its a crime and you can loose your license and be taken to jail! IF YOU REFUSE a drug swab, its a civil infraction which is ONLY punishable by a fine, AND NO swab = NO BLOOD TEST because they would NOT have the proof they need to get a warrant for a blood test. SO REFUSING the Drug Swab is SAFER and the SMARTER thing to do, unless you have not smoked for a few days and even then you are risking a false positive. REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE!!!!
  21. I was told by someone at KORMON LAW that its best to refuse and its only a civil infraction which is only a fine. Koon vs Michigan says they cant ticket you for simply having THC in our system. They have to prove that we are impaired by it. those tests ave already been proven to be false and moo poo. people that haven't even smoked in hours and hours are still failing, then given a dui and their license taken away. SO i dont know about you or anyone else, BUT, I plan on refusing the swab and would rather take the fine! Whether they take a swab or take you down for a blood test, either way about 98% is gonna fail. ONLY difference is, KOON VS Michigan and blood test cant really show how recent you have smoked. REFUSING, in my opinion, IS SAFER! EVERYONE REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE!! ALSO, RODRIGUEZ vs The US says they cannot make you sit and wait for a drug dog to arrive. Just another piece of info! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and FLEX THEM!
  22. If you refuse, is that the end of it? Or will they take you in and require other testing, or some other action?
  23. Since The new Oral Roadside Drug Swab testing has begun, I wondered to myself, what should i do if i am pulled over and asked to take one? SO, i started researching. I started looking online and also starting contacting Michigan attorneys, INCLUDING KORMON LAW and asked them, What should I do? and the answer as been the same, REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE!!! Refusing A oral drug swab is ONLY punishable by a civil infarction fine, which means, you CANNOT loose your Drivers License and CANNOT o to jail! SO, if anyone was wondering, i suggest you REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE!!!!
  24. I stay under mine also, have 3 patients plus me currently. Run a total of 18, 9 veg 9 flower
  25. Yes watch the trichs for final decision. My tent is only 7' tall so I am limited in height when put into flower. Usually 2' tall and 8 weeks old. Got two mothers that I wanted to flower, but one is 4' and other is 5' tall. Too tall for my tent.
  26. I run two 1200 watt LED's at this time. May turn on a 600 watt reflector for two more plants soon. Depends on plant count and if person follows what they are allowed. I stay within my plant count. Sounds like a nice setup.
  27. Try this; Quick bhang Ingredients 2 cups water 1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred) 4 cups warm milk 2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds 1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon) 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger 1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater 1 cup sugar This is the traditional method of preparation: Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. New Method Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Place this mixture along with the remaining ingredients in a blender set to 'liquify'. Blend for several minutes, strain through a mesh coffee filter. Enjoy! https://oldtimemeds.blogspot.com/2014/02/quick-bhang.html
  28. I've never paid attention to length of time. When the plants get to the height I want, (generally 2 1/2 to 3 feet) I put them into flower. The length of time I leave them in flower varies from strain to strain. When the leaves yellow and the trichs are cloudy then I cut. It doesn't normally hurt anything to wait a little longer unless you wait a long time and all the trichs turn brown.
  1. Load more activity

  • KLAW-Record-Expungement-768-80.jpg

    Criminal Record Expungement - Contact Komorn Law  800-656-3557

  • What is the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association About?

    The MMMA is a community of individuals who discuss and post stories, news, opinions and updates regarding the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act as well as other issues.  It has been supported by mostly volunteers and those who submit content.  It is sponsored by donations through signing up for a $35 membership.  We have also began taking on sponsorship from supportive businesses that can provide our members with a discount...so support the supporters and save some cash!

  • Create New...