Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

If you got any problem, or can't seem to do something on the new site, let us know. If we can keep it confined to this thread that would be great. Then we can just keep editing the original topic to include all the problems and resolutions contained therein. The more critical of concerns will eventually make it to the help section, but this is as good a place as any to start he process.

Best

Just curious. I know there were many more users on the old MMA board than posted, but where did you get all the members on this site that are listed as users? How do I find those I used to watch for or converse with?

Click on Members, at the top of the page or click this link: http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list

That's what I'm saying. Where did those thousand ppl come from and where are ppl like Rochester and Chocolate and such?

They are there, go to Members, then click the Use Advanced Filters button and you can search for any username.

The registered users from the old site where migrated over to the new site, which is why you are still able to use the same username without registering a new one of the new forums.

My Profile does not display the PM me, and Add as friend icons, either in my profile or in the Forums post, Do not see any options to turn these off or on, seems to be a default, as everyone seems to have these in their posts.

Others have the option to message you or add you as a friend. You just can't see it on your end.

One thing I would like to see is recent posts rather than just recent topics or maybe both...

But something like we had before where all posts forum and blog can be scrolled through in order of most recent

I would like an easy way to see whats been posted recently without having to sift through forum topics

You know what I mean?

It will take a while to master all the features here...congrats on getting it up!

Thanks!~HG

Since when do we have 14,000 members! LOL! WTF...!!!!!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Since when do we have 14,000 members! LOL! WTF...!!!!!!

Well I would guess over the last year+. They may not all be active, but they were in the database. And to answer your other concern, the site alreay has a place to see "ALL" of the recent content at one time by clicking tabs.

active_content.jpg

Well I would guess over the last year+. They may not all be active, but they were in the database. And to answer your other concern, the site alreay has a place to see "ALL" of the recent content at one time by clicking tabs.

active_content.jpg

THANKS!

Down at the bottom of the forum or blog page...found it!

That will come in handy...could be extended beyond 24 hrs though... to find replies when you can remember what topic or the exact postname...but yeah...great!

Man that's pretty crazy....14,000 + members....well at least its an impressive stat...never heard from quite a few of these people but hey....maybe they will log in and check out the new forums

It will be great to have video and pictures imbedded...using it already

Nicely done!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I think a clock may be off, all the clocks in my house said 10;14 when I made a post at (11;14)

MY meds aren't that good..lol.

You have to set your time in your preferences. Yes there's a global time observed by the server, but depending on a members location their time may not be the same.

Best

Guest thequietone

I was messing around on the front page and tried to go to the co-op, but the link doesn't work when you click on the co-op button.

I also tried to view the tutorials and it wouldn't work. It said I didn't have permission to view them.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I was messing around on the front page and tried to go to the co-op, but the link doesn't work when you click on the co-op button.

There's a few links on the main page that don't work. This is from a lack of content and not a mistake on my part. Blueberry is going to be making a co-op section so the link was accounted for in the design. The links to Greg and others new blogs are also dead but should be filled in soon. There's also a link for a sign-up sheet that was dead on the old site that I included in my menu.

When the "real staff" around here gets time to do some of the missing content we'll make it all work.

Best

You have to set your time in your preferences. Yes there's a global time observed by the server, but depending on a members location their time may not be the same.

Best

I have my timezone set to EST, however all my timestamps are showing a hour later than it actually is. Is the forum's global timezone set to the same timezone as the server itself? Depending on where the website hosting provider is located you may need to use a different timezone than EST for the global timezone or it will throw everyone's time off.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I have my timezone set to EST, however all my timestamps are showing a hour later than it actually is.

check_dst.jpg

Make sure to place a check mark in the "DST" (daylight savings time) check-box and your post and others will show the correct time.

check_dst.jpg

Make sure to place a check mark in the "DST" (daylight savings time) check-box and your post and others will show the correct time.

That is checked on my profile settings, and I double checked to confirm that my computer was set to the correct timezone, still showing timestamps one hour later than they should.