Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

nothings changed King. And things run fine for me. Might just be our pipe between our host in Canada and you.

I've noticed that too. up until yesterday this site has been loading VERY slowly. I could check my e-mail, surf e-bay and read a couple news blogs before mmma home page loaded, IF it even did.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

why does it keep telling me error when i try to get to the incorperated papers when im not log in but when i log in i cant even go to that page

Shouldn't be any incorporation paper links left live. Those were supposed removed after request by Michael Komorn. Liability issues I believe. Where's the link you're trying. I'll remove it.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I can't really address why the site may be running slow for you. Seeing Im not, and it's not like I'm running a T3 i have to believe it's local client problem. One thing I will mention, and I was having a bit of a time was firefox add-ons. They were causing problems here and in the chat rooms. If you're running FF may want to try disabling some of the many add-on we all love and seeing if the problem persist.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

yeah...def nothing changing site wise to cause this since yesterday or the day before. There is an update on it's way. Bout all I can say if plant some grass for watching till it happens and see if that helps you. Actually I think the site is faster for me today then yesterday.....Odd the dif in pipelines from one location to another...

GL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello people, I am saddened by the attack on this forum.

I have one question, are they any more updates to content coming?? I had a couple threads going and wanted to know if I should redo them or might they come back.

Also lost some gallery pictures, was checking if I should re post or might there be more updates coming?

I thank your time

One thing I don't understand as it has not - as far as I can tell - been explained to the user base: were backups not being done? Is MMMA hosted on a dedicated server with backup duties fully devolving upon the site admins that neglected their duties? Or is the web host not doing nightly backups? Why has the IP.Board software not yet been restored more than 5 days after the incident?

I've been doing site administration for years on both dedicated and shared (reseller) servers. The worst incident that I experienced was with a zero-day exploit on a shared server and even then the web host got everyone squared away within a couple of hours. So I really don't get how even a malicious admin could compromise the system for so long.

I'm pretty new to the site and don't really care about who did what or why they did it. But it would be nice to have detailed info made public as to what went wrong and the specifics of how this can be prevented moving forward.

This is the IPB software. Our members have asked that investigations be kept private. Thanks, Bb

1) So why does it now appear like any regular old forum software (phpbbs, vbulletin) without the great features of ip.board that were there last week? For example, the left navigation menu whereby one can - for example - see only new postings of threads that one participated in, or new postings in the last 24 hours that one hasn't read, etc etc. (View New Content shows only all new stuff in last 24 hours.)

2) I didn't ask about investigations (which is why I specifically stated that I didn't care who was involved or why the malicious activity was done). I was merely wondering why there didn't seem to be any proper backups. That's water under the bridge, of course, but the inability to apparently recover the site did strike me as being very amateurish.

z

No problems on my end but can't help noticing the classy new spam & bot classifieds on the right side. They've been there for some days now and not a single one makes a lick of sense. I hope no one follows the links. Maybe get a Russian pr0n site and some nice malware.

Warning. Danger Will Robinson. :sword:

Peace. :rock: