Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

• 1 month later...

go to your gallery and click the folder you wish to upload from, click the pic you want to post, on the right side you will see some links, go to the 3rd one down and copy it, go back to the thread you wish to post pic in, in the text editor there is a icon called insert images, second icon to the right of the smiley icon, paste the image link in the box that opens and click insert image, click post in the thread, image is posted. i do all of this by opening the site in a second tab and going to my gallery, then back the the thread from the other open tab.

Thanks Q, i did all that and the actual copied words (http etc) came up but the pics didnt. MGG

• 3 months later...

I am having issues w/ this site, it's loading very slowly for me since

the 4th.

I've done all the usual stuff along w/ trouble shooting connectivity.

Earlier when I did the trouble shooting, I was told it was a DNS

issue.

I just re ran the trouble shooting and it says no issues

or w/e found, yet the site is still loading extremely slow.

I am having no issues w/ any other sites.

I am not tech savvy so.. any suggestions would be awesome !

Thanks in advance :thumbsu:

JenninCapac, We will have an admin look into it.

imubu. I suspeect what you may be seeing is Heavy network traffic.

When the site came live Monday, and the ban filter was cleared. we have gotten a HUGE influx of new/old and returning members.

Add the skuttlebutt on the web and people want to know

there could be a few other quirks that may need to be checked, but With the sheer number or people that have been back since monday, network clog would be my first guess, if everything else seems to be working well otherwise.

the 4th.

issue.

Same exact problem to the letter i think it has something to do with the board settings vs our PC settings somethings affecting our browsers when we visit the MMMA site. :unsure:

I have a minor issue, just wondering if anyone knows what I could do to fix it? I deleted cookies / temp internet files already and it didn't help. The Active Content link at the top isn't working.

If I click on "Active Content" while I am viewing a topic, (as I am viewing this topic now) it works. I have my home page set to Active Content and I get there no problem. But if I am viewing a list of topics, then when I click the Active Content link it gives me this message:

* Invision Power Services * IP.Board v3.1.4 * Main public executable wrapper. * Set-up and load module to run * Last Updated: $Date: 2010-10-05 11:57:32 -0400 (Tue, 05 Oct 2010) $ * * * @author $Author: matt $ * @copyright © 2001 - 2009 Invision Power Services, Inc. * @license http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/license.html'>http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/license.html * @package IP.Board * @link http://www.invisionpower.com * @version $Rev: 6944 $ * */ define( 'IPB_THIS_SCRIPT', 'public' ); require_once( './initdata.php' ); require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsRegistry.php' ); require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsController.php' ); ipsController::run(); exit();

So the Active Content link isn't working for me. But my homepage works and if I am already in Active Content and hit the "Refresh" button in my URL it works , but that Active content link only works if I am in a topic viewing it, not from the list of topics.

So nothing major like I said, just weird and if anyone knows what I can do please let me know :)

Thanks! It is definitely fixed now, I woke up with about 40 emails in my inbox, lol. Thanks again!

JenninCapac, We will have an admin look into it.

imubu. I suspeect what you may be seeing is Heavy network traffic.

When the site came live Monday, and the ban filter was cleared. we have gotten a HUGE influx of new/old and returning members.

Add the skuttlebutt on the web and people want to know

there could be a few other quirks that may need to be checked, but With the sheer number or people that have been back since monday, network clog would be my first guess, if everything else seems to be working well otherwise.

the 4th.

issue.

This is still occurring today. It happens when connecting to the site

and also once I am in. To make a reply, open pm's, go to a new

thread, active content, etc.. etc.. everything here for me is very slow.

I have a minor issue, just wondering if anyone knows what I could do to fix it? I deleted cookies / temp internet files already and it didn't help. The Active Content link at the top isn't working.

If I click on "Active Content" while I am viewing a topic, (as I am viewing this topic now) it works. I have my home page set to Active Content and I get there no problem. But if I am viewing a list of topics, then when I click the Active Content link it gives me this message:

* Invision Power Services * IP.Board v3.1.4 * Main public executable wrapper. * Set-up and load module to run * Last Updated: $Date: 2010-10-05 11:57:32 -0400 (Tue, 05 Oct 2010) $ * * * @author $Author: matt $ * @copyright © 2001 - 2009 Invision Power Services, Inc. * @license http://www.invisionp...rd/license.html * @package IP.Board * @link http://www.invisionpower.com * @version $Rev: 6944 $ * */ define( 'IPB_THIS_SCRIPT', 'public' ); require_once( './initdata.php' ); require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsRegistry.php' ); require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsController.php' ); ipsController::run(); exit();

So the Active Content link isn't working for me. But my homepage works and if I am already in Active Content and hit the "Refresh" button in my URL it works , but that Active content link only works if I am in a topic viewing it, not from the list of topics.

So nothing major like I said, just weird and if anyone knows what I can do please let me know :)

Sorry bro you have to be banned for ever, than be allowed back in, and boom baby everything is like speedy quick, maybe only those of us who were not welome are getting a bone from the new admin, I swear I have 1.5dsl and im flying aroung this place like lady bug, lol I wanted to say something meaner but couldnt think of any thing, lmao, working good here, prob at least till this post is up! roglmbo!

Peace

jim

p.s all i cant see is the smileys in the threads, even mine, I can see em when I put em on, but not when I see the post, and alot of the other pics and things people are putting in there posts are not available for me to see!

but the only thing I can figure Is maybe they shouldnt be seen :blink:

Peace

Jim

I wonder if it is the virtual memory size perhaps Imubu.

http://ask-leo.com/v...y_settings.html

not sure if they have win8, but it should cover 7 and back

Thank you Tim for at least trying :)

Although, as I said, I am not tech savvy

I do know that it is not my virtual mem. :blink:

I am not the only one experiencing this

problem, apparently.

There is no other site I visit that I have

this issue with (except the stolen mirrored site) .

Also, there is no MMMA 2.0 logo at the top

left of the page, it just says 'logo' .

Again, thank you for any help.

Well, a week later.. I am still having this same issue.

As I stated before, no other sites load as slow as 3ma.

This has made my experience here difficult, therefore I

will not be visiting again anytime soon.

Thank you for your concern and collective efforts to

assist.

peace

edited for spelling

Edited by imiubu

Site was down again for a significant amount of time yesterday.

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

This morning it is up and I find no mention of the problem.

I don't understand why the site admins have such a hard time providing a stable environment. At this point I seriously question their ability of maintaining a safe, secure website.

z

Site was down again for a significant amount of time yesterday.

This morning it is up and I find no mention of the problem.

I don't understand why the site admins have such a hard time providing a stable environment. At this point I seriously question their ability of maintaining a safe, secure website.

z

I made the staff aware of the issue last night, From what I gathered it was around 8:30ish -12:00ish at night. correct, or was this at another point in the day?

Trix

:bong2:

I got the same message as Zachw, last night as I posted something. Everything was cool 'til I made that post so I thought it was something I did.

It was at about 8pm and down the rest of the night for me. Fine this a.m.

Same here as I hit post thread I got the SQL error lol.gif

Still failing from time to time

Guess we just need to wait for the updates

And another lovely error this morning at about 10 AM:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM sessions WHERE member_id=28307 OR running_time < 1334063862

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

This is past the point of ridiculous...

z

Oh, and have you done any version checking on the IP Board php files to ensure that none have been compromised throughout this whole fiasco? Have you made sure that no other back doors are in place including mysql grants, access to whm, cpanel, ftp, etc etc?

At this point the burden of proof is on site management convincing us that they are competent and well acquainted with web security, access controls, and so forth.

z

I changed my skin so I'll try MS Word Starter and see how it goes....

My problems seem to be happening because of an interaction with Microsoft Word Starter 2010.

If I have it open, and get on the internet, this site will not load, it just Googles. The MMMA.org search results of the Googling won't load, and neither will my active content link in "Favorites". It even happens, if I close MS WOrd Starter, and then try to get on the internet, this site won't let me on. Facebook & others work fine, just this site.

So, if I try to copy / paste the letter & list of Dems that Michael Komorn just put up in another thread, to my Word program, I will probably get kicked off the site again for awhile.

Wish me look & good luck to everyone else having problems :)

Edit: Found the problem - an add-on running along the top, slowing things down. Disabled it, and I just had Word running along with this site, all is good.

Edited by SparklyBuds