Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I'm hoping I am wrong but have I been banned from linking videos.The reason I ask it seems that all new links recently seem to say someone has requested it not show?Thank You for YOur valuable time

Your account has no restrictions. We only have one URL blacklisted here, and that's because it has MMMA in the URL. These kinds URL's we deem misleading, and an attempt to set up a false affiliation. We don't mind if you post your sites, long as they aren't an attempt to be deceptive.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Not so much a problem as an annoyance, when I'm posting tutorials the post box keeps automatically scrolling up making it quite frustrating. If theres anyway that could be fixed it would be awesome!

Never heard of such a thing. But I can say from a person that's posted a tutorial, that it's a problem on your end. There's no such thing as code to make input boxes scroll up. If you have a wireless mouse, it may be the culprit (Similar problems can arise with a sticky/broke center wheel). Other then that I have no idea. But I know that's not a server side problem. Gotta be something local to you.

Sorry I can't help you more

Best

Never heard of such a thing. But I can say from a person that's posted a tutorial, that it's a problem on your end. There's no such thing as code to make input boxes scroll up. If you have a wireless mouse, it may be the culprit (Similar problems can arise with a sticky/broke center wheel). Other then that I have no idea. But I know that's not a server side problem. Gotta be something local to you.

Sorry I can't help you more

Best

I was thinking it may have something to do with that, but it only seems to be when I'm writing a tutorial, if I am making a post it never does it, I'll try changing browsers or figuring it out, just wasn't sure if it was just me or or something with only the tutorial spots. I appreciate the quick response though!

first off, thanks so much for all you do. seriously.... i know it isn't easy. thanks for all your effort. and if there is anything i can ever do to assist with the site in anyway, please feel free to contact me.

i haven't come across any real problems with the site, as far as glitches go...... but i do have a suggestion. i have used a feature on other forums where each user has a quicklink in their user cp or attached to the basic site search bar on any given page, that will direct them to a list of threads that they have subscribed to. this page shows every thread they have ever posted in, and gives the quick and easy option to delete individual threads from their list. i know we have something similar with the "watched topics" here... but it isn't really designed to be tailored to each users desires. and it takes time to find/navigate.

it just really makes it easier to surf between threads that we frequent most often. it's not too bad at the moment, because all you have to do is click on "todays posts" and pretty much get a list of all the threads in current use.... but as the site gets bigger, it is going to become increasingly difficult to navigate through threads that we "just popped in one time a month ago to wish someone a happy birthday" to get to the threads that i look at everyday.... like my grow-help thread.

just wasn't sure if there was a simple fix, or a way to make things a little easier than they are. if not, don't sweat it.... things function just fine as they are. :D

bubblegrower

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

first off, thanks so much for all you do. seriously.... i know it isn't easy. thanks for all your effort. and if there is anything i can ever do to assist with the site in anyway, please feel free to contact me.

i haven't come across any real problems with the site, as far as glitches go...... but i do have a suggestion. i have used a feature on other forums where each user has a quicklink in their user cp or attached to the basic site search bar on any given page, that will direct them to a list of threads that they have subscribed to. this page shows every thread they have ever posted in, and gives the quick and easy option to delete individual threads from their list. i know we have something similar with the "watched topics" here... but it isn't really designed to be tailored to each users desires. and it takes time to find/navigate.

it just really makes it easier to surf between threads that we frequent most often. it's not too bad at the moment, because all you have to do is click on "todays posts" and pretty much get a list of all the threads in current use.... but as the site gets bigger, it is going to become increasingly difficult to navigate through threads that we "just popped in one time a month ago to wish someone a happy birthday" to get to the threads that i look at everyday.... like my grow-help thread.

just wasn't sure if there was a simple fix, or a way to make things a little easier than they are. if not, don't sweat it.... things function just fine as they are. :D

bubblegrower

Show me a forum with the functionality your speaking of. Even if I have to join to see what you're talking about, we'll see. I guess between the "watched topic", and "all post" and "all topics" under the user cp, I have no problem tracking threads of which I'm a part. But, if you could get me a link to the site with the functionality you require, I can certainly look in on it.

Best

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the private message system, what does it mean when a notification says someone has left the conversation, does that mean they deleted that thread from their messenger?

Sb

Not Sure, But i do delete All my Messages as

soon as i read them and answer them ...

or try to ...

I'm just not one for leaving personal message around ...

Thanks Dr. T, I think that's what it is then, and I'm right, because last night I saw you had left the conversation I started with you, the notification said, then I saw someone else left the conversation I had started with him, so I figured it meant they deleted their messages.

Sb

I'd like to see a section just for POSITIVE MM STORIES. I'm helping the site by gathering various info and want to see more personal experiences of how MM helps people. If this is possible it'd be awesome, I think it'd be especially helpful for non users, guests, even opponents to see. The section should be readily visible so they can see it as soon as they enter the site. I know it'd take awhile for someone to sort through the site and put them together but I think it'd be a great thing for the MM community. I could help by looking for them and sending the link to the person doing the project, it'd save some time that way. A lot of them are in the "Let's Get Personal" section. Some are in the "Coming Clean" section, I've seen them in other areas, too. One of the best stories I've seen repeatedly is how MM helped them get off the many prescription drugs that have such awful side affects. Now the patient isn't a zombie, can function, think, feel, be productive, creative, and happier, their condition is improved, so is their quality of life.

Sb

• 4 weeks later...

This is a test, and only a test. Had this been an actual emergency you would of been notified where to tune in for more information. Thank you and this has been a test of the MMMA system.:blink::unsure::P:D:):angry::mellow::rolleyes:

Not sure what to say man.....

Hope you get it figured out

I wrote to you @ the same time as silverblue and still am unable to change font size

and color. I have never had this problem b4 either. Now I come back to see if maybe

there is another having these issues and my posts are just gone. Hmmmm

Also... I am trying to change my Avatar. I have re sized it to the proper size

and the system keeps telling me that it doesn't recognize what image

(not verbatim) that I am trying to upload and keeps putting my old

avatar up. What if I choose not to have an avatar??? Why can't I just

remove my current avatar and try to re load the new one later?

Help.

Click on your Edit Button... See what i did... It Seemed to be working for me .... Mod Tested

You must High Light the Area ( word, words ) First that you want to color ,size , etc.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I apologize. I'd forgotten all about this to be honest, and I've had a couple people with this problem. I've written up what I think is a very thorough tutorial for "Post Formatting" and it's now up for all to see. It addresses more then just your problem as I've seen others posting articles and the formatting from the original sites stayed. So basically if you pick up in the tutorial from the section that deals with adding new formatting, you should be fine. If I haven't answered all your questions in the tutorial please feel free to hit me up and I'll get your questions answered and revise the tutorial.

Best

POST FORMATTING TUTORIAL

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

No....we got the big dogs doing the work.....Since we have a current license I'm letting the IPB staff do it up.....It's them bitching about the MMMA's Host...I feel sorry for him.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Today, 06:46 PM

Staff: Logan Wortman

Hello,

I believe the board files have finished uploading, I'm now uploading the necessary files for your addons (gallery, blog, etc...) and will then run the upgrade script. I will let you know when this is complete, as I mentioned FTP on your server is very slow for some reason.

Regards,

Logan Wortman

Invision Power Services

So it's being worked on guys....just bear with us.

I apologize. I'd forgotten all about this to be honest, and I've had a couple people with this problem. I've written up what I think is a very thorough tutorial for "Post Formatting" and it's now up for all to see. It addresses more then just your problem as I've seen others posting articles and the formatting from the original sites stayed. So basically if you pick up in the tutorial from the section that deals with adding new formatting, you should be fine. If I haven't answered all your questions in the tutorial please feel free to hit me up and I'll get your questions answered and revise the tutorial.

Best

POST FORMATTING TUTORIAL

I didn't want to come across sounding

like a girl doggie!

I think I was frustrated and feeling like a dolt!

TY for taking the time to create the tutorial.

Much appreciated :D