Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

lol screen-shots should have been cake since I'm a MMORPG gamer. I must have wipe my puter since I dump WOW and now missing my SS program. Any who it bounces me to:

http://tinyurl4.info/7a857e34

Link is missing.

This link does not exist yet or it has been removed for some reason.

Advertizments....

Which could be nothing or sometimes anything I have viewed on-line to buy IE: Ebay products, products such as lights and growing stuff (I'm trying to upgrade some of my stuff.)

then bumps me to

http://yellowpages.lycos.com/search?what=Home+Alarm&local=1&src=YBLYC4&utm_source=yblyc4&utm_medium=cpv&utm_term=Home+Alarm&utm_campaign=kw

It really isn't a big deal, But I did think it was funny that it either viewed something in my temp files/cookies or its completely random what comes up in advertisements.

• 2 weeks later...

first off, thanks so much for all you do. seriously.... i know it isn't easy. thanks for all your effort. and if there is anything i can ever do to assist with the site in anyway, please feel free to contact me.

i haven't come across any real problems with the site, as far as glitches go...... but i do have a suggestion. i have used a feature on other forums where each user has a quicklink in their user cp or attached to the basic site search bar on any given page, that will direct them to a list of threads that they have subscribed to. this page shows every thread they have ever posted in, and gives the quick and easy option to delete individual threads from their list. i know we have something similar with the "watched topics" here... but it isn't really designed to be tailored to each users desires. and it takes time to find/navigate.

it just really makes it easier to surf between threads that we frequent most often. it's not too bad at the moment, because all you have to do is click on "todays posts" and pretty much get a list of all the threads in current use.... but as the site gets bigger, it is going to become increasingly difficult to navigate through threads that we "just popped in one time a month ago to wish someone a happy birthday" to get to the threads that i look at everyday.... like my grow-help thread.

just wasn't sure if there was a simple fix, or a way to make things a little easier than they are. if not, don't sweat it.... things function just fine as they are. :D

bubblegrower

Show me a forum with the functionality your speaking of. Even if I have to join to see what you're talking about, we'll see. I guess between the "watched topic", and "all post" and "all topics" under the user cp, I have no problem tracking threads of which I'm a part. But, if you could get me a link to the site with the functionality you require, I can certainly look in on it.

Best

page one of my subscribed threads on 420mag. i can delete/add from here. i can also choose notification options from here.

MMMA is getting big, and i do try to peek in on every single thread. if someone replies i may never get back to answer personally. on 420 mag if i see a thread i like i can subscribe to it and access it from a folder all itself. makes life easy. the MMMA 2.0 is not big enough to the point that an entire page of "new posts" occurs every 20 minutes........... but hopefully we will be soon :)

med_gallery_13801_60_95533.gif

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

This functionality already exist.

• Navigate to your profile page.
  • Click the "Edit my profile"
  • Click the "Forums" tab
  • Edit you're subs

post-1643-050925200 1279923167_thumb.jpg

It's just set up a little different, but as far as I can see all the same options. More actually. You can flip though your blogs, your galleries....whatever, and make adjustments.

A page looking very close to what you showed minus the ability to unsubscribe is located in the "My Content" link located in the drop down you get by clicking your account name top right of the page:

post-1643-019301300 1279923514_thumb.jpg

If this isn't what you're talking about let me know.

OxXGarfieldXxO, on 11 July 2010 - 04:04 PM, said:

When typing in this reply field like I am right now, this size is number 2 in the font size dropdown.

Best

Groovy :thumbsu:

Well, maybe not so groovy after all. I'm not too tech savvy as I have mentioned before and am really having the darndest time!

I have never used a forum before coming here either. I am using a large screen monitor and have my font style and size personalized.

I thought by using the default size in the editor I would be good to go as, on my screen my reply font size matches the size of most everyone's (except Dr. T!). Not so. I was told that my font style, and size was hard to read. I thought I had amended the problem only to return and find that a mod change my font size to a 4. I am changing nothing with this post. How does it look from that side?

Help :excl::fpc:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Your size looks fine here bro. Looks same as everyone else. It may be I need more coffee, but I'm not getting your your problem.

Best

Your size looks fine here bro. Looks same as everyone else. It may be I need more coffee, but I'm not getting your your problem.

Best

I just won't try to customize my posts in any way. I just don't know how to purvey(?) my issue to you in a manner that you understand

I guess :unsure:. This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've tried. I'll just be boring old black/Arial. Just tired of :horse:

Thanks so much for trying :D

p.s. it's sister... bro ;)

oh i know :)

my wife and oldest daughter are BOTH girlie girls :)

Thank goodness for us women then or everything might just be Arial black! :lol:

Hey bg, thanks for the chuckle, it has been a rough day. The phone woke me

(never a good thing) and I hit the floor stumbling out the door fast as I could...

someone needs me and I didn't even get my coffee til now! So good to have a

laugh, even over the silliest of things. Good day to you!

ps... wth is :kfu: in the emoticons?? No matter how big I enlarge... I just can't

figure it.

correct, but thats no good for me :)

i need to see what topics i have viewed and what i havent yet and every time i get "booted" they all clear out as if i have never viewed any of them.

I get what your saying, crappy...lol

also, if i click on "overall top posters" at the top of the page, it takes me to my message inbox and tells me i need to log in again.

Same happens to me :(

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Bubble here was my explanation to King: LINK

Basically it boils down to using old URLs for the sites index that were before our recent upgrade where SEO features were changed.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

negative. i get logged out from both url's.

no time to play right now though. i will figure it out later :)

You will get logged off. Because your sessions handler places a cookie for /index.php?/index, and this board no longer uses that format. log out....use the

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index

URL, login again and all links should be working fine for you. If you have further problems let me know.

Best