How Much Do You Get From A Plant Each Grow?

Not trying to get off topic but...

It does NOT matter what you are getting per plant.

You should be asking this instead- "how many grams is everybody getting per watt?"

the answer varies, but typically:

.25-.75 grams/watt is usually what beginners get

.75-1.0 grams/watt is about average

1.0-1.5 grams/watt is achieved by experienced growers, usually with lst, sog(my favorite, but also illegal if done properly ;-) ), CO2 enrichment, and other techniques

1.5-above grams/watt can usually only be done vertically with plants wrapping around the light source

I prefer aeroponics, and when I do big plants, I bend and use lst...when I do small plants(mosly always because they're easier to manage) I do SOG with plants spaced 6" on center

anyways, weed per plant is useless information unless your comparing two different strains, grow in the same conditions, and wondering which yields better

You should be asking this instead- "how many grams is everybody getting per watt?"

1.0-1.5 grams/watt is achieved by experienced growers, usually with lst, sog(my favorite, but also illegal if done properly ;-) ), CO2 enrichment, and other techniques

1.5-above grams/watt can usually only be done vertically with plants wrapping around the light source

I prefer aeroponics, and when I do big plants, I bend and use lst...when I do small plants(mosly always because they're easier to manage) I do SOG with plants spaced 6" on center

anyways, weed per plant is useless information unless your comparing two different strains, grow in the same conditions, and wondering which yields better

Haha... Holland, get off this site with your 2 post!. This is Trick, :)

Lets not share too many secrets here. I just got 22oz off 6 plants, 18" tall, querkle strain, under 600watts. And this is what... my 4th harvest? :P How I got that ... I'm not sharing here. Maybe if I ever get motivated to do something with one of my websites I'll do a full write up.

Later Bro!

I just got 22oz off 6 plants, 18" tall, querkle strain, under 600watts. And this is what... my 4th harvest? :P How I got that ... I'm not sharing here.

it's no big detroit secret man. and to be honest, those numbers are impressive, but they are IN NO WAY worth bragging about.

your willingness to help the needy and uninformed in the Michigan Medical Marijuana community is seriously lacking.

this site is for us to help each other and to discuss topics relative to MMJ in our lives. i'm sorry dude, i am not one of "those guys". trust me, i am the coolest cat around, i am not coming after you, nor am i trying to start any negativity/drama....... but i just want to slow you down for a second and let you know openly what i am sure others are thinking privately. we are trying to be chill around here and that just caught my eye and looked REAL BAD.

and for everyone else, in my help journal (link in my sig), i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to throw an old 5 x 5 scrog grow journal up for you. 6 plants, never rose above 20" and pulled 34 ounces with a 600w HiLux.

i will do the math.... thats 1.6g/w... sure they vegged forever, but the point is the same.

in Michigan i don't advise grows like that..... but believe it or not, it is commonplace out west. and if anyone wants to mimic that grow, as usual, i would be more than happy to assist in any way. and help you find the right strains to do it.

i think you are getting MMJ growers and magicians mixed up...... they are the ones that are supposed to keep their tricks a secret.

good MMJ growers share their tricks to hep others.....

Querkle is actually a low yeilder. But...

I must admit I take this site more as amusement then an actual quality site. Lots of drama, bad advice and just petty stuff fills the boards. I dont post alot but I read the boards here regularly and this is the impression I have.

So yup I'm sure I came off as being cocky, but whatever, when i gotta read this site and people are running MH lights, mother plants in 5g buckets, 1600+ppm nutes, telling peeps they need 1000w lights, claiming dirt is the best method to grow... I just gotta shake my head and laugh.

I know how it is though, people wanna post instead of just stfu and learning.

GL, Bubble spreading the knowledge, I believe you know what your talking about. I just don't care to share. I take my own advice, stfu and learn. :)

Just wondering if there is an average or what? How much are you getting per plant, per grow? (If you grew 4 - 6 - what ever divide the number of plants into total weight? )

Thanks for the input. :rolleyes:

didn't mean to lose track on ya :D but it sounds like everyone has chimed in already and given good info. the answer to "how much per plant" is really "however much you want".

and because of the diversity of the plant and the variances in strains, the gram/watt chart is the best way to evaluate yourself. i can take one seed and give you 1/2 ounce or i could take that same seed and give you a pound....... its all in the methods/nutes/strains/environment/grower ability........

so really, this is the best answer IMO:

Haha... Holland, get off this site with your 2 post!. This is Trick, smile.gif

Lets not share too many secrets here. I just got 22oz off 6 plants, 18" tall, querkle strain, under 600watts. And this is what... my 4th harvest? tongue.gif How I got that ... I'm not sharing here. Maybe if I ever get motivated to do something with one of my websites I'll do a full write up.

Later Bro!

You may be Wired4Success, but you sure ain't no body's BRO! Keeping your little secrets to yourself? With an attitude like that, I would be ashamed of myself. This is a site to share ideas and techniques to assist all, not a place to brag about tech's that improve ones yield, then not let those who need such info hanging in the wind...take your donkey off the site if that is your modus operandi...yep, I added another negative to your score, and rightfully so...see ya, wouldn't want to be ya!

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all must have mistaken what wired4success said for snobbyness. He's definitely a guy be on good terms with. knowledgable and helpful. Just pokin fun at the noobs, as we were all there at one point or another, no harm done. I'm not trying to be a dick, but chill out everybody, those are the kind of negative comments that we don't need. Last I checked we were on the michigan med site, not RUI. If you want to have a smaller community of online folks, then you guys need to relax, and be able to tell when someones just having fun. Especially when the folks you're talking to obviously have some experience. He was stopping in and saying hi, no need to bash him for sharing a little bit of his success.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in bubblegrower :D

You may be Wired4Success, but you sure ain't no body's BRO! Keeping your little secrets to yourself? With an attitude like that, I would be ashamed of myself. This is a site to share ideas and techniques to assist all, not a place to brag about tech's that improve ones yield, then not let those who need such info hanging in the wind...take your donkey off the site if that is your modus operandi...yep, I added another negative to your score, and rightfully so...see ya, wouldn't want to be ya!

Come on justbudz...

Who are you? Are you that insecure that you think people are out to get you? Obviously he is somebody bro. Much more people than you'd know. RELAX! Take a breath, pack a bowl, maybe hit the vape if you've got one, but don't go hoppin on the hate wagon so fast...I honestly don't see where you/these other folks are getting their attitudes from.

If you guys are wondering why some of us only have 2 posts and won't share our journals...it's cause we dont wanna hear what the lurkers have to say, usually nothing but negativity. Again, chill out everybody, or you'll scare the friendly/helpful growers away.

I really wanna help everyone here out too, as I've been thru quite a bit with the growing, and I've grown i'm always updating and redoing my bro to be as efficient as possible...but if you guys can't all play nice, then nobody is going to want to play with you.

Alright I warned you (jk) ;-) if y'all promise not to be mean, and stop pushing down wired4success, and swear you won't put anymore gum in his hair, then I promise to share every bit of knowledge I got with you guys (as I'm sure he still would, cause he's cool as bunny muffin). Chill out kids, we're all on the same playground, and we can't have fun when you guys are pushing all the other kids down.

the strain of marijuana has TONS to do with it as well. i have grown plants THE EXACT SAME WAY for the same amount of time in veg and yielded an ounce from one and a 1/2 pound from the other. strain plays a HUGE role in how much per plant.

Ok, I wait for a seedling to reach it's 5th node, then I take sweezers and snip out the new growth in the center very carefully not to injure the new branches growing out. I then trim the fan leaves near the top to just half. That allows light to pull the bottom branches up. Then I let it veg another 2 wks. I got 15 colas, would you believe the center shot out 3 shoots? I got 15 shoots, 18" or longer full up. Bringing in the lower colas to even with the higher ones, I tied the bush together to bring the bottom up with the higher colas. This is my first time and I am amazed at the growth~ I use one 400w and 600w side by side. When the girls are done vegging under a florecent light, then moved to flowering under the 400 and eventually moved to 600w side, then I take the plant that is most advanced and stick her right under where the 400 and 600 meet! That is 140,000 lumins or equal to a 1000w.. That graduates the plant to adjust as the light is increased. I rotate my crop this way and I find that I can get 3-4 ounces of each plant that way. I do DWC Bubbleponics. Each plant is in it's own bucket. Each plant gets nutrients according to its need. That way not everyone gets the same amount as some strains prefer light nutrients to heavy doses. I flush last two weeks with Molassas. Love you all!

Much to gain from utilizing sunlight? Can I run 18 hr cycle with sunlight backed up by supplemental artificial light? Much to gain? Much to risk? Growth/production wise?

When the sun is out and shining in my window, oh yeah, I grab that extra light! I put them right in it. I notice the purples in the leaves more when the sunlight hits it. 1000w still does not replace mother nature.

Is the equation regarding "grams per watt" correct?

It has been a while since I read the how to book and I loaned my copy to a friend who never returned it.

Just taking the # of grams and dividing it by the watts of the light would seem to yield an incomplete comparison of one grow to another. In order to compare one growth to another you would also need to include time. For example 600 grams from a set of 10 plants with a 12 week bloom cycle and 600 grams from a set of 10 plants with a 8 week bloom cycle both under a 600w light would both be equal if you did not consider the added 4 weeks.

It would seem that one needs to use "grams per kilowatt hour" to get an realistic comparison of one grow to another.

You're kinda on the right track bro...

Try this instead tho, in order to really compare two strains with different times...

let's say strain A finishes in 8 weeks, and strain B takes 12 weeks

in 24 weeks, strain A will have had 3 harvests and strain B will have had 2.

Now to truly compare strains with regards to weeks in the flower room, you would put the total yield of 3 harvests of strain A against the total yeild of 2 harvests of strain B. Both sets of harvests will have used the same amount of kilowatt hours, so you can compare total yields more accurately this way, and if you were wondering which one is more worth it over time, you'll have your answer.

Grams per watt is really more for determining the efficiency of a single harvest, ya know? You would use it when wondering things like, "how did this harvest of strain A compare to last harvest of strain A?"

Anyways... Yeah, you were on the right track semicaregiver, in pointing out that grams per watt is not as good for comparing different strains, it's really more for determing the total efficiency of a plant at a set number of weeks in bloom, "strains A and C both finish in 8 weeks. Strain A yielded 1.2 grams per watt while strain C has gotten 1.5." In a case such as that, grams per watt is used to let you know which plant is more worth growing in terms of yield.

Hope i'm not just rambling, and this makes sense...I'm just trying to move people away from the ounces per plant question, as it's really not the right question.

Archived