Sarah Palin Offered $25K By Marijuana Policy Reformers

LAS VEGAS — Tomorrow, at Caesar’s Palace, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin will deliver the keynote address at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America’s national convention. Immediately following that speech, Dave Schwartz, the campaign manager for Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana Laws (NSML), will offer Palin $25,000 to deliver a similar address to supporters of a regulated marijuana market in this country.

In exchange for the $25,000, Palin will be asked to speak at one of NSML’s upcoming events, acknowledge the fact that marijuana is just as legitimate a recreational substance as the substance she is talking about at the WSWA convention (in fact, it is objectively much safer), and endorse taxing and regulating marijuana in Nevada and throughout the U.S.

“There’s no reason why former governor Palin should reject our offer,” Schwartz said. “The health effects of the substance she is talking about at the WSWA convention cause 33,000 deaths in the U.S. annually. The comparable number for marijuana is zero. Alcohol is also associated with violent crime and other destructive acts, while marijuana is not. If Gov. Palin is comfortable endorsing that product, we are certain she will endorse ours. We look forward to negotiating with her team to find a time that works in her schedule.

“Let me make one thing clear. In making this offer, we are not intending to attack the alcohol industry or alcohol users,” Schwartz continued. “Rather, we’re highlighting the fact that marijuana is objectively less harmful than alcohol. It makes no sense to keep marijuana in the criminal market while a former vice-presidential candidate celebrates the alcohol industry. We want legitimate businesspeople in Nevada to benefit from the sales of marijuana, and we want adults to be free to choose whichever substance they prefer —marijuana or alcohol — when they relax after work.”

With more than 124,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Marijuana Policy Project is the largest marijuana policy reform organization in the United States. MPP believes that the best way to minimize the harm associated with marijuana is to regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol. For more information, please visit www.mpp.org.

Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana Laws is a ballot advocacy group formed in Nevada to support a 2012 ballot initiative to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol in the state. It receives significant funding and support from the Marijuana Policy Project.

First off they need to offer her way more than 25 grand she gets 5 times that much for a speaking engagement im sure but as far as siding with the legalization no way in hell thats a poison pill to her presidential aspirations.

Some party members would give her some grief .. But the voters would jump on it.

The last few presidents in a row were former marijuana users. And that was public information before their election.

The higher up's in the parties think that these folks got elected in spite of it.

In time the power people will realize that these presidents got elected BECAUSE of being former marijuana consumers.

WE ARE THE MAJORITY!

As long as "that dingbat/Sarah Palin" is head of the Tea Bags, I'm quite happy about President Obama getting a second term.

Please don't give that dingbat one dollar. I know it's a political stunt and I think it's kind of funny - but that woman is one of the biggest jokes of the 21st century...

Mizerman

As long as "that dingbat/Sarah Palin" is head of the Tea Bags, I'm quite happy about President Obama getting a second term.

Please don't give that dingbat one dollar. I know it's a political stunt and I think it's kind of funny - but that woman is one of the biggest jokes of the 21st century...

Mizerman

Hello mizerman and the better half your PM is off so i could not send this to you

Archived