Perpetual Growing = Sog Theory. Taking Advantage Of Your Plant Count !

Perpetual growing = SOG theory.

As medical providers we have a responsibility to have meds available 24/7 - 365 days. There are not many ways you can do this especially when you have multiple patients and limited plant count. I found this many moons ago, and please ignore the light setup as that IMO would not be sufficient lights to cover.

Anyway I want to try explain how this works for newbies.

1_layout.jpg

[Looking at it left to right, bottom to top.]

[based on soil less hydro, a 8 week flower and a height of 4 to 6 ft]

[based on 5 patient max plant count of 72 plants]

[iMO this is highly controlled atmosphere and need alot of attention]

Far left is representative of (6)different MOTHERS. These will stay in same spot and you will take "cuttings" from them. You will be required to take 4 cuttings every week. Running its own tank/reservoir. Under 600W MH. (EC 2 )(PH of 5.5 - 5.8 in soil-less)(RH 60%)

Left bottom - Would be CLONE/ stage 1 GROW camber for cuttings. this would be separated from other tables, as it would run 24 hr or 18-6 light. MIN 400 - 600w MH. (I use small or mini green houses inside this chamber for fresh cuttings) You would run its own tank/reservoir for this. (EC 1.2 )(PH of 5.5 - 5.8 in soil-less) (RH: 70% )-- Would be here for 4 weeks

Left top - Would be a GROW this would be separated from other tables- This would run 16-8 hrs of light under MIN 600W MH light. Running its own tank/reservoir at full strength grow nutrient. (EC 1.8-2 )(PH of 5.5 - 5.8 in soil-less)(RH 60-70%)Would be here for 4 weeks.

Bottom right - Would be first stage FLOWER. CHANGE lights to 12/12 . This would be under MIN 600W HPS / or 1000W (up to you) - This would run its own tank/reservoir with 3/4 strength nutes or (EC of 1.8-2.1 ) (PH of 5.5 - 5.8 in soil-less)(RH 50-60%) would be at this stage for 4 weeks.

Top right - Would be final FLOWER chamber, MIN 1000W HPS ,Lights still on 12/12.

(EC 2.2-2.4 )(PH of 5.5 - 5.8 in soil-less)(RH 50-60%) Would be here for 4 weeks.

(I flush for one week, by raising the pots off table with bricks, and hand feed water only. SO very last row is always rasied or placed into plastic buckets on table.)

(the two flower tables can be in same space)

OK now we have that.

Your aim is to take 4 cuttings each week and harvest 4 mature plants at the same time. Your mothers stay where they are, if you get board you will have another 2 "spots" to swap out strains. Simply by placing the mother into the start of the flower cycle. And placing new mother into its spot. (IMO you should have the two spare spots in plant count for extra cuttings on hard to take strains and as buffer to collect other genetics)

You have to move everything along each week also, so as you harvest 4 and add 4, you will have to move every other plant basically they all move up one position on the table. This will allow you to inspect each plant and move it around for better light distribution/ angles etc.

I know you will have many questions , so please fire away or email if you are confused by any of it.

"a better greener Michigan of tomorrow"

Ian

PS> this takes around 3-4 months to setup completely from mother plants. And probably 5 mths from seed or cuttings.

PPS> I would run 2 lights to every table. :blink:

I am going to try the two plant system you show about 3 weeks apart, give me 3 months and I'll get back to everyone and tell how it went. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT TRY THIS....

So you will have plant count of 19 + spare spots ?

4 plants to a table, 3 mothers. ?

• 2 months later...

I have been perp growing with single plants. I use a Secret Jardin DR80 with a 400w Hortilux Eye HPS, 400w Galaxy ballast. Growing Orange bud, Sensi Seeds Cream Caramel, and Dutch Passion Blueberry. I put each one in 1 week after the plant before it. It is pretty sweet to harvest one plant a week, but when you use different strains it can get crowded at some points. Also, there is the confusion with nutrients. you have to make us such small batches of nuted up water for each plant that the opportunity to f up is huge. In the future, I am doing a perp setup with at least 3 plants in each stage. Continuous meds and always something to do. Keeps it interesting and you are always involved with every stage of the plant. But like I said before, it seems that it could get tedious at times.

This is my first grow ever and my orange bud yielded about 2 oz's, my cream caramel looks like it will yield a little over a zip, and my blueberry is 1 week out. Now I have moved in 3 sour diesels to begin increasing my perp plant numbers.

Also, I upgraded my light to a 600w phantom digital ballast, running a Hortilux Eye through a 6" cool tube. I am going switch out lights soon. Will the increase from 400-600w in the middle of a grow f anything up?

I have been perp growing with single plants.  I use a Secret Jardin DR80 with a 400w Hortilux Eye HPS, 400w Galaxy ballast.  Growing Orange bud, Sensi Seeds Cream Caramel, and Dutch Passion Blueberry.  I put each one in 1 week after the plant before it.  It is pretty sweet to harvest one plant a week, but when you use different strains it can get crowded at some points.  Also, there is the confusion with nutrients.  you have to make us such small batches of nuted up water for each plant that the opportunity to f up is huge.  In the future, I am doing a perp setup with at least 3 plants in each stage.  Continuous meds and always something to do.  Keeps it interesting and you are always involved with every stage of the plant.  But like I said before, it seems that it could get tedious at times.

This is my first grow ever and my orange bud yielded about 2 oz's, my cream caramel looks like it will yield a little over a zip, and my blueberry is 1 week out.  Now I have moved in 3 sour diesels to begin increasing my perp plant numbers.

Also, I upgraded my light to a 600w phantom digital ballast, running a Hortilux Eye through a 6" cool tube.  I am going switch out lights soon. Will the increase from 400-600w in the middle of a grow f anything up?

Thanks for sharing your setup, urminutegot.  What proportion of your plants are flowering, vs. rooting and vegging?  I'm setting up something similar, and leaning toward fewer, larger plants in flower, with a long veg time before they go into flower.  I'm sure it depends on the strain, its veg. growing speed and flowering stretch, but I've been leaning toward 6 or 7 out of 12 plants in flower, and the rest in veg.  For 60 day strains that should lead to a harvest every 10 days or so, and something like 40-50 days of veg time, hopefully enough for larger plants.  

RE: the original post of the thread:  It seems to me that with plant count limitations we should move toward growing larger plants, to produce more with the same plant count.  Rotations and a perpetual schedule do seem necessary, though, to keep under the 2.5 ounce / patient limit.

I've wondered about how to deal with nute variations, but lately I've moved toward feeding pretty lightly, and the plants seem happy with a pretty uniform feeding schedule among different strains.  I'm sure this would be more complicated if I was trying to feed more heavily.

I am going super light on my nutes. I came out of the gate strong and I wish I wouldn't have. Wasted a lot of money.

I am vegging my clones for only 2 weeks then putting them in closet. I don't house any mothers as I have a friend who is taking care of me on that tip. SO, I keep 9 plants going at all times then when 3 get harvested I put three more clones in. I am a few weeks into my 3 diesels, hoping to pick up 3 cinderella 99's, and then 2 weeks after that, who knows.

I put my clones in so quick because I am using a 3x3x5 Secret Jardin Tent. Not much room

Archived