Anyone Been To Amsterdam Lately?

It was 1979, the bulldog cafe was the place to go. I think the original in the red light district is just a museum now but there are a couple others. Think they have a hotel now too.

at zandervort I think, they have formula one racing if your into that.

don't forget the windmills, they were cool.

I stayed on a large boat, $4 a night. Every day they would take a 2.5 hour trip to dump the bilge. It was happy Hour on the north sea !!!

I had the time of my life. Hope you do to, have fun......

I was there in october, the whole city is amazing so no I really have no recommendations, just wander around and get lost you will have a good time..there is some tourist attractions but they are not anything special - ann franks house, henikeen factory, both pretty much ripoffs...every block there is at least one coffee shop to buy weed pretty much and usually a bar right next to it..also some pro hookers if your into that :P

Definitly do this:

1) Shop for good deals on seeds to bring back

2) you can smuggle small amount of weed easily I did it accidentally in my carry on like an idiot but you could likely get away with just carrying it in your pocket, you have to empty your pockets into a tray standard airport procedure but you could just not empty them completely lol as long as you don't have a big bulge...second thought don't even risk it :P

Can't even remember all the coffee shops and bars I went to but be sure don't buy any thing they call 'outdoor' its code word for 'schwagg' - also you can not smoke tobacco or drink liqour in coffee shops but the locals smoke their weed with tobacco so some of them get confuse when you light up a joint in one they think your burning tobacco..doesn't really matter everyone is really friendly that I met and speak english..

also not to be racist but if you see a lone black guy try to nod at you he wants to sell you some hard drug so just walk away - not being racist but it is a clische there and its so true ...I guees that is kind of an inside joke because in germany we tried to ask this kid where to get weed and he said 'look on the corners for black guys standing by themselves and nod at them'..well we never saw this in germany but upon arrival in amsterdam it happened to us like 5 or 6 times

If you decide to rent a bike you better be darn sure you are a good bike rider cause these people are pros and will run you over (btw watch out for bike trails when your walking) - most of the city can not be accessed by car - only bike, foot, or boat - it is nice to rent a paddle boat and pretty cheap which we did a few times and the bicycle taxi's are good.

never really buy over a gram at a time its not really worth it when you can just duck in a coffee shop at every block..don't buy the most expensive thing on the menu we found its usually actually not their best stuff....If you find yourself in one of the reggae coffee shops dont buy thai stick..its not good thai stick...entering the red light district facing the inside of town the street just before on the far east end their is a coffee shop next to a smart shop and they have ak47 its the best I found..its called EasyTimes..on the corner is a 3 story seedbank and an Argentina bar with a big amstel sign

ok that is all for now got to go

I was there for the Cannabis Cup this last Nov. You have to try the Pink Kush at Pop eyes Coffee shop. That was my fav and it wasn't even in the cup. Like it was said above watch the bike riders they are in a hurry over there. The city is beautiful so enjoy yourself.

jeremyb u r a trip. my cajones are way to small to b trying any of that. thanks for your detailed info thou, i will keep my eye out for the bobbleheads. a friend of mine just got back and sadly he described the nodders the same way. we def have no plans besides a day trip or 2 but the rest of the time i will b searching for the worlds finest :) and i dig the idea of renting the boats 2 hadnt really thought about that. ive made a list of brown bars as well where i can burn and drink @ the same time. getting close....17 days i believe.. wow...

darn... (no pun intended) I just get the traveling bug out of my system and somebody post about 'good times in the Dam'. (Smiles)

Have a great trip... and remember... traveling is for losing all those things you never really needed.

Be cool... be safe.

I went to a lot of coffee shops. Nothing really blew me away until the last day. I asked the clerk at The Cricket for some local smoke and not the tourist smoke. He sold me Black Widow. My wife does not smoke and thats a good thing cause I needed her help after I smoked. I did not see any Black Widow in any other place and the clerk had to get it from a back room. OMG It was amazing, actually had a hard time walking and small hallucinations. Every shop had White Widow it was OK, but the Black Widow will knock you out. Unreal. Also we stumbled into a mushroom shop and what a trip. People think Amsterdam is all about weed but what an awesome city, so much to see and do. Very safe city we never had any trouble cameras follow you everywhere.

• 1 year later...

Toker,

The experience of Amsterdam is like a fantasy dream I will admit that, coffee shops aplenty. Just be careful of your expectations because you might be let down. North America (including Canada) is by far the leader IMO of great quality genetics. Unless you are lucky enough to find an insider while you are there you will most likely find completely average to above average smoke, hash aside. Most shops offer strains that have been scuffed (screened for their glands). Amsterdam is a tourist destination so they must appeal to a wide variety of amateur and tourist smokers. I visited in October 1 month before the Cannabis cup so we expected some great things but this was not the case. My trip was still unbelievable and I wouldn't trade the memory for any other. My funniest memory of A-DAM was being asked to leave Sensi Seeds by Nevil himself because we asked about the quality of his genetics. This of course was after my friends purchased several hundreds of dollars worth of his gear. I will say that we did manage to find some really good genetics but it did take some time and effort. I cant wait to visit again just for the overall experience. I know you will enjoy yourself on the whole and hate to be a downer but I am just being honest. BTW the Dutch woman are as beautiful as they come. As far as finding the best in the world you may want to look to North America on that one. This is just my $.02 worth.

Haven't been there since 2002 but my favorite place was Gray Area. I believe the owners were from Oregon.

They had a house sativa strain that made me feel like I was going to have to stroke the furry wall.

The night canal cruises are touristy, but really nice after a long time indulging at the cafe.

why not a trip to Morocco...this is where i would love to go strain hunting

try ICMAG and make some friends w peeps the world over

i hear Spain is incredible

im planning a BC trip for late August....thats alot closer and way better quality than the kiefed Holland buds

Archived