Houghton County Area Club

Silverblue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a reply to my post "What Happened to This Group?" on the CCCC site (http://houghton-hancockcompassionclub.ning.com/), as follows:

"The excitement went away lol,

Me and a couple friends are thinking of starting one but we haven’t got all are details together, Mind you upgreen is the most knowledgeable person I know about growing and education in the uses I think he went to school for it or something in Cali, would be nice for him to start doing something with the group, Ext a group BBQ or something."

I pointed them back to this topic on this site...

~H2BA

Hi H2BA, I saw this message after replying to your last PM. I hope someone can get the group going again. Even if they can't get the person they want for the growing advice, having a group active again is still a good reason to get together, socialize and support eachother. As far as excitement goes, whenever anything is new, it's exciting, then it settles down but it doesn't have to be boring. It could still be a lot of fun. I like the idea of having regular activities like cookouts, and other events. We could have jam sessions, go bowling, talk about books, movies, maybe watch a movie together, there's so much we could do. I wish I could get them motivated enough to try again and have activities we could all share.

Sincerely, Sb

I completely agree with you on what we could do with a Compassion Group. BTW--did you ever get access to the Copper Country CC site? You probably checked out the UP NORML site too (http://upnorml.org/). Did you try contacting anyone there? I see there's an Ontonagon sub-chapter (http://ontonagonnorml.org/). I haven't talked to any of the people listed there. I'm going to start trying to get in touch with people closer to our area first.

Talk to you soon! H2BA

I called on the Copper Country Compassion Club. The person in charge isn't planning to do anything with the group for at least another month. I passed on my name & phone #. Also let them know that other people from the CCCC website are talking about starting their own group. Hopefully, we can all get together in one group, versus having a bunch of little groups...but, what do I know?

I hope we can get it going again and if people wanna talk about growing, I'd love it, though I couldn't do it, I'm amazed at the whole process, would love to learn how to grow organically, maybe someday I can do it and would be a Cg.

Sb

FOR ANYONE IN THE HOUGHTON/HANCOCK AREA - We're scheduling an informal meetup at the Cyberia Cafe on Sheldon Ave and need to know the best time when most people can come.

I sent a request to join the CCCC group at ning, been waiting about 2 weeks, asked a friend of the owner of the group to check the site and approve my membership request. We don't wanna wait till June. What if the man decides he can't do it anymore? We need a CC, I'll do whatever I can to help get it going again, so will H2bA, we have ideas on how we can make it fun. Let's share our ideas. I'll be meeting with H2bA next week. All this is new to me, it'd be nice to meet like-minded people. I'm fairly new to the area, would like to have a support group to go to. Though I don't have a grow, I'd love to learn about it so if someday I can grow I'll know how. I hear they talk alot about growing. That'd be wonderful to listen in on. I sincerely hope the CCCC group can get going again and grow strong.

sincerely, Sb

• 2 weeks later...

This is extremely depressing that no one's responded, and I see no one's responded at ning. I still haven't been approved to join the club. Well we're gonna start it up ourselves, though we'd rather have one big group than a bunch of splinter groups. Just my luck, I'd be near an inactive group. I'm so sad! IF that guy Dan can't run the group anymore I hope we can find someone who can. I don't feel qualified to run it, though I could be a valuable assistant. Even if we have to start over, we will, we are determined to have a CC in our area. I'm told there are others interested, so if the old bunch don't wanna do it, there's nothing we can do. I'm sooo bummed.

Sb :(

This is extremely depressing that no one's responded, and I see no one's responded at ning. I still haven't been approved to join the club. Well we're gonna start it up ourselves, though we'd rather have one big group than a bunch of splinter groups. Just my luck, I'd be near an inactive group. I'm so sad! IF that guy Dan can't run the group anymore I hope we can find someone who can. I don't feel qualified to run it, though I could be a valuable assistant. Even if we have to start over, we will, we are determined to have a CC in our area. I'm told there are others interested, so if the old bunch don't wanna do it, there's nothing we can do. I'm sooo bummed.

Sb sad.gif

Please get intouch with me and Happy2bAlive we are trying to start a group as well I will send this to them as well but if you know where the open publice park is in Tamarack City maybe we all can meet there one of these weekends im free most always like alot of us... You all can get me here @ CocaColaTransport@gmail.com

I've been intouch with H2bA and we agreed to meet at the Cyberia but haven't set a date yet. We could meet almost anytime. I'd rather correspond here, I don't like gmail or anything to do with google. This isn't the place to get into my reasons. I just talked to H2bA. We will try to get this thing going as soon as possible.

Sb

EDIT: aprox 8:40 pm- If you 2 decided to have it at that park, go for it, I prob'ly wouldn't be able to go so please let me know how it goes and if you're gonna be meeting there or someplace regularly that I'd be unable to get to. If it's better for the other members, don't worry about me. I have limited mobility, maybe sometimes I could go if I can find a way to get there but if I'm unable to make the meetings I just hope the club gets going again and grows strong. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, Sb

CC status update: It looks so far like there will be an entirely new club forming- I may be wrong but that's how it looks to me, IMHO. Details will be posted here as soon as they're available. Just my luck I got into a bum group. The news I got was very disheartening.

:(

Sb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well after waiting 2 months to get into the club at ning, the guy finally approved me but the group seems to definitely be dead, but it's ok, I haven't heard much good about the group anyway.. Just my luck. I can't seem to find compassion anywhere, and if I have to ask for it, well...... There's a place for me, somewhere a place for me, my day will come, how can you mend a broken heart in a world without love, where is the love? Chances are it's somewhere beyond the sea, blowin' in the wind. Notice the song references- I wouldn't be alive without music. Louie Armstrong sang about a wonderful world, well, it could be.

People speak so highly of compassion, values, freedom, etc., but they're just empty words, with no hope. I shine my Light but it keeps getting snufffed out. I could've been somebody, I could've made it, I could've done great things, reaching out, helping people, bringing joy, laughter, and love, I have so much to give, but if nobody wants it there's nothing I can do. I keep trying because the Love I have overflows from deep within me., I try to be the love I seek, fulfill my life's purpose, thought I could fit in someplace, so I made my own place. I'm too tired, just wanna rest, wanna ride the Peace Train, just wanna be Free...

It seems I have a fatal flaw- I care too much. I often wish I didn't. Holdin' so much inside, it hurts so bad.

Sb, alone in a crowd, it's not my fault... Sendin' out an SOS.

Glad to hear you got approved for the website. Sorry to hear there's nothing really going on. I've had a HECK of a month since we last spoke...don't want to bring you down any further. Just a word of encouragement to "keep the faith" no matter what the temporary circumstances may be. This too shall pass, no lie. No one person, no group of people, no corporate entity, no dogma, no ideology can snuff out the LIGHT that comes from the ONE SOURCE OF ALL LIFE (that's God, to some) that lives inside us. We are each a precious manifestation of that light. You can CHOOSE to quit, to give up, to be negative. You can CHOOSE to soldier on, to be the light, to BE the change you want to see in the world around you.

Till we meet again, Namaste...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NEW MEETING SPACE in Houghton County at the hydroponics shop 7PM, bring chairs, if you have a chair to donate please bring it, esp. folding chairs. Date not yet set, hoping for the 1st week of Aug. We will be having an ongoing support group for pt's & cg's and share experiences, ideas, recipes, resources, learn from growers, discuss the law, and plan social activities.

Please remember this is a public group, no medicating, no meds exchange of any kind. Please be respectful. Thank You for your interest, we will likely have important information to offer. I am not a pt or cg and if I were I would not risk carrying anything MM related except information. As word spreads about this club we don't want to give the wrong impression or put anyone at risk, esp. at a place of business. Thank you for your consideration.

Sb

NEW MEETING SPACE in Houghton County at the hydroponics shop 7PM, bring chairs, if you have a chair to donate please bring it, esp. folding chairs. Date not yet set, hoping for the 1st week of Aug. We will be having an ongoing support group for pt's & cg's and share experiences, ideas, recipes, resources, learn from growers, discuss the law, and plan social activities.

Please remember this is a public group, no medicating, no meds exchange of any kind. Please be respectful. Thank You for your interest, we will likely have important information to offer. I am not a pt or cg and if I were I would not risk carrying anything MM related except information. As word spreads about this club we don't want to give the wrong impression or put anyone at risk, esp. at a place of business. Thank you for your consideration.

Sb

Could we put the new website on here? Houghton Co. Compassion Club 2.0

I am interested in setting up a monthly clinic in Houghton/Handcock. I need a local facilitator to help put it together and promote it if anyone is interested. The facilitator fee is $25-$50 per patient depending on the size of the clinic. Let me know directly if you are interested.

Dr. Bob

medicalmarijuana446.jpg?width=64&height=64&crop=1%3A1

Clinic in Houghton/Hancock

Event Details

423340381.png?size=173&crop=1%3A1Time: September 7, 2010 from 10am to 3pm

Street: 820 Shelden ave

City/Town: Houghton

Phone: 906-361-6100

Event Type: we, do, have, clinic, alternative, solutions,plus

Organized By: Jim

Latest Activity: 17 hours ago

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)