Houghton County Area Club

Silverblue

I am a new caregiver and patient and I'm not ready yet. Being in the u.p. where do I go? Any help at all out there? swtpea_49862@yahoo.com

ok so i hear there is a club in mqt? can anyone tell me how to get in touch with them? I can't find out any info. locally. I can't even find anything online about them.

If you need any help swtpea let me know. There are no other clubs around as of yet.

And I don't care what doctors come to the UP, so quit spamming the negativity AKenewell. Focus on your own pile.

My only issue with a cc getting any kind of money from a clinic is the cc a non-profit that can take money in the first place.

I tell anyone about any clinic in the UP because we don't get many doctors in the UP. Period.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need any help swtpea let me know. There are no other clubs around as of yet.

And I don't care what doctors come to the UP, so quit spamming the negativity AKenewell. Focus on your own pile.

My only issue with a cc getting any kind of money from a clinic is the cc a non-profit that can take money in the first place.

I tell anyone about any clinic in the UP because we don't get many doctors in the UP. Period.

Well first off we are not a Club... We are a group of people who care about helping other's.. NOW as to money for the " CLUB " group i forwent any pay to have this Dr to come Here so stop be IGNORANT un-tell you know the fact's....

Now if anyone is interested in the Clinic which has lower prices Because i didn't wont to get payed just help other's as i tell people " YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY THEN DON'T READ IT OR LISTEN .." go be a Ostrich and hide from the truth we ALL need help why not just pay it forward maybe just maybe someone will forward it back and sooner then later it will return.

Jim

YooperPot

I don't know what happen to the club but im trying to get people to join http://houghton-co-c...ub2-0.ning.com/ it's not persay a club, But my hopes are a info exchainge site for are local area clubs. Let me know what you think please..

Hi all, I haven't peeked at this thread in awhile.

JIM I'm glad you posted info about your site here and about the clinic. Thanks!

I'm not sure what's gonna happen with the club in Houghton that I was trying to get going again.

As far as these "dr wars" are concerned, I'd like not to see that going on. Our community has taken enough of a beating, so I sincerely hope this and any other issues/concerns, problems, can be resolved peacefully. We have enough things to fight against, let's not fight with each other. If someone is doing something unethical, please report them.

Sincerely, Sb

Um, I don't think you got the gist of what I was saying.

99% of the time I have little to make a post.

Basically. AKennewell was attacking another doctor (we talked about it). Like I said, I don't care how or who comes up here to certify patients as long as they can and do.

Having been at this for over a year and half and getting hundreds of people on the right track, teaching easily 30 people to grow myself (not to mention the other members of my club), finding caregivers for patients, etc seems to you to be keeping my head in the sand.

I don't have time for people who either are in this for money (easy to spot) or attack me for doing something that is becoming an aberration in state. We are a compassion club.

I challenge anyone else to either start a club or ask me or someone else to get one started. I have watched as club after club has started or supposed to have started and each one has failed to serve patients.

I am very glad you are having a clinic. I myself, am not going to organize one, because providing the information is alot easier.

Now if that doesn't clear this up I don't know what will.

Um, I don't think you got the gist of what I was saying.

99% of the time I have little to make a post.

Basically. AKennewell was attacking another doctor (we talked about it). Like I said, I don't care how or who comes up here to certify patients as long as they can and do.

Having been at this for over a year and half and getting hundreds of people on the right track, teaching easily 30 people to grow myself (not to mention the other members of my club), finding caregivers for patients, etc seems to you to be keeping my head in the sand.

I don't have time for people who either are in this for money (easy to spot) or attack me for doing something that is becoming an aberration in state. We are a compassion club.

I challenge anyone else to either start a club or ask me or someone else to get one started. I have watched as club after club has started or supposed to have started and each one has failed to serve patients.

I am very glad you are having a clinic. I myself, am not going to organize one, because providing the information is alot easier.

Now if that doesn't clear this up I don't know what will.

Todd Man

No i wasn't saying you where sticking your head in the ground i was talking about the paranoid MF who had this club up here never got people to come up never got us a Dr. up here i was shotting my comments in one way and you must got in the cross fire sorry, I'm trying to get a new club together because of are " Club Leader's "never doing anything, I got sick of waiting so i started a new page and a new group, If you know malmute ask him what he thought of the leader we have and why someone wants to start a new....

I WILL BE HAPPY for any input, please let me know and again im sorry

Jaimz

• 4 weeks later...

Copper County Support Group

http://coppercountrysupportgroup.webs.com/

The New and Improved where we care about the patient and caregiver not Money. We will star holding regular meeting's soon just want to get the site up and out there.

we plan on having them at the Portage Lake Library In Downtown Houghton there is a map on are web page.

Thanks

Jim

The Copper Country Support Group is independent of C4, (the Compassion club at ning). I had hoped to have a support group over there but there was some resistance from the leaders, despite others showing genuine enthusiasm for it and encouraged me to do it. That's not why I left the group. We're not competing with them, we just want to fill a need that we know exists. The leaders at C4 seemed to want a private club; our support group will be open to the public. As our membership grows, I hope to have some social outings, too. I'm working with Jim on the new site and helping put the group together. All we wanna do is help people. Recently, Jim had arranged for a clinic, which was very successful, and there will be another one in Oct. A few people even got a free rec. He did it in hopes of helping C4. We did our best to help them, but as much as we still care about them, we had to leave. Because we do still care, a link to their site is on our site. Despite any disagreements I had with their leaders, once I expressed them, I tried to move past it and work with them. They didn't seem sure my ideas fit with their goals. Though I was disappointed, I was still willing to help them. There comes a time when one must know when to walk away. I made a quiet exit, after expressing some feelings regarding the tension between them and Jim. My issues with Jim have been resolved. We really wanted for us all to work together, and still wish it could work out, but it seems obvious it's not meant to be. So now we move on to start anew, and wish them the best.

Sincerely, Sb

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone is aware this is NOT DR. BOB KENEWELL, and for the record, we do not believe in fee splitting. It is unethical, paying for patients, diminishes quality of care, and can serve as a basis for professional misconduct. I would highly caution medical professionals from adopting such practices.

The below quote is from the AMA( AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCITION

Opinion 6.02 - Fee Splitting

Payment by or to a physician solely for the referral of a patient is fee splitting and is unethical.

A physician may not accept payment of any kind, in any form, FROM ANY SOURCE, such as a pharmaceutical company or pharmacist, an optical company, or the manufacturer of medical appliances and devices, for prescribing or referring a patient to said source.

In each case, the payment violates the requirement to deal honestly with patients and colleagues. The patient relies upon the advice of the physician on matters of referral. All referrals and prescriptions must be based on the skill and quality of the physician to whom the patient has been referred or the quality and efficacy of the drug or product prescribed.

Hi All, I thought fee splitting was when the dr gives half to the facilitator. In re-reading this page, especially the messages concerning fees for recommendations, I am deeply troubled. I know some facilitators do get paid to help connect an area with an MM clinic, I know some decline payment, negotiating to lower the fee to the patients instead, or even having a few free ones given. So, if I understand clearly, If I told a dr, I know a pt who'd benefit from MM who needs a recommendation, and I was told someone has to pay to be referred, that is wrong? I just want to understand how the whole process works.

Sincerely, Sb

Well first off, I am the one who got these Dr to come up here. Yes i was offered payment but i turned it down i only asked if they could give a great price, they said yes then they offered to give a few for free. I think that should speak for it's self these Dr's didn't have to do that. Just so everyone knows they will be back Oct 21 price is a flat rate of $150 it will be at the best western Franklin square Inn.

I would just ask everyone who went to the last one or even the one coming up to PAY IT FORWARD if you haven't seen the movie then rent it and pay attention to the movie and have some TP on hand to dry the tears.

SB thank you

Peace Jim

October 21.

Franklin Square Inn.

Buck-fifty in hand.

Message shared ...

Fruit o' the Word is out on The Vine.

Thank you, on behalf of an ever growing number of progressive-minded, loving, concerned and caring individuals everwhere, for your successful Cannabis advocacy efforts in the Keweenaw / Copper Country of Upper Michigan and beyond, for an ever healing community of compassionate neighbors.

Much obliged for your time and commitments.

Peace & Blessings to all.

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears.

FREE The CURE!

And, SHARE The HARVEST

Residents of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, known as Yoopers, refer to their lower-peninsula counterparts as "trolls," because they live "Under the Bridge".

Ya know,

Trolls

Mittenheads

Fudgesuckers

Are you actually from the yooper eh?

CherryCrush wander over the bridge once in a while and visit our northern neighbors eh. It'll make ya feel like your a cheese head from Wisconsin eh. LOL eh.

Hi All, I thought fee splitting was when the dr gives half to the facilitator. In re-reading this page, especially the messages concerning fees for recommendations, I am deeply troubled. I know some facilitators do get paid to help connect an area with an MM clinic, I know some decline payment, negotiating to lower the fee to the patients instead, or even having a few free ones given. So, if I understand clearly, If I told a dr, I know a pt who'd benefit from MM who needs a recommendation, and I was told someone has to pay to be referred, that is wrong? I just want to understand how the whole process works.

Sincerely, Sb

This has absolutely nothing to do with paying a facilitator to perform administrative functions required by a clinic, such as advertising, clerical work, scheduling of appointments etc. This is related to paying people to perform unnecessary or expensive services, such as implanting a particular brand of pacemaker over another brand, or pulling people into a dentist office to have all their teeth capped so the insurance can be billed. To suggest otherwise demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the intent of the rule. Obviously if people are performing clerical functions, promotions, etc they can and should be paid for their efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dr. T I appreciate your help though I think there are 2 different places with the name Houghton in it, I never heard of a Houghton Lake till I came to this site, the Houghton County I know of has Michigan Tech in it..

Silverblue

The New and Improved Club/Support Group http://coppercountrysupportgroup.webs.com/ Please all come and meet our members...

We have a clinic on the 21st the coast is only $150 for all Here is that info

Thursday October 21, 2010 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

820 Shelden Avenue Houghton, MI 49931-1840 (map)

The Clinic will most likely be held at

Franklin Square Inn

820 Sheldon Ave

Houghton Mi 49931

Contact Kristen or Chris at

231-881-7420 or 906-361-6100

Rates are going to be as follows

New Card Holder $150

Renewals $150

Disability, MiHealth Card, SSI, $150

Call to make an Appointment.

So all please pass the word on, Oh and Houghton Mi is about 7hrs north of Houghton Lake

Thanks All

This has absolutely nothing to do with paying a facilitator to perform administrative functions required by a clinic, such as advertising, clerical work, scheduling of appointments etc. This is related to paying people to perform unnecessary or expensive services, such as implanting a particular brand of pacemaker over another brand, or pulling people into a dentist office to have all their teeth capped so the insurance can be billed. To suggest otherwise demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the intent of the rule. Obviously if people are performing clerical functions, promotions, etc they can and should be paid for their efforts.

Hi Doc, thanks for your reply. I'm glad I can ask questions and know someone will answer.

Sb

Hi Doc, thanks for your reply. I'm glad I can ask questions and know someone will answer.

Sb

No problem. Right now we are writing best practices and a standard of care for clinics, so we'll have some exciting news to release shortly. Hopefully the MDCH will accept them and we can all have safe, professional certifications. Thanks to Gina we are bringing some good clinics to the UP, Houghton/Marquette/Manistique were on the list this last week and others are coming along as well. Pretty soon, the UP will be as well served as Southern Michigan and folks will have solid, defensible certifications at a reasonable price.

Remember the key features of a good clinic are history, physical, record keeping and follow up, and make sure the doc has a valid license in Michigan and a clean DEA registration. Don't give the prosecutors anything to hang their hat on and try and invalidate your card. While you are at it, download and read the Redden CO and check out the examples of what to avoid, they are being targeted I suspect and so will their patients.

Dr. Bob

Archived