Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

12 PLANT PERPETUAL BEDROOM GROW

so you wanna turn an extra bedroom into a grow room. 12 plant limit..... perpetual....... harvesting 1-2 ounces about every 9 days i figure. with our limitations, a mother or 2 is possible, but i would pick good strains, cause you gonna be smoking a lot of it :) depends on your preference. too bad we can't have more mothers :)

ok....... you gonna have to build a cab or something for the mom and clones. nothing extravagant.... just something with a few cfl's in it to get clones rooted and to keep mom kinda small. if you dont want to build a cab, i guess you could just use the 600w MH for moms, clones, and veg....... just make sure moms and clones are pretty far away from the light. whatever you want, but i would use the tent for flowering and the rest of the open space for veg/clones/mothers

so we have 2 moms.... 2 plants down, 10 to go. im seeing 6 in flower at all times.

lets cut it into 9 day segments. if 12 weeks is 84 days, lets make ten 9-day segments......... equals 90 days. good cycle time.

2 mothers (numbered #1 and #2 in diagram below) and then:

1-8 new clone cutting being rooted #3

9-17 one plant in veg #4

18-27 one plant in veg #5

28-36 one plant in veg #6

37-45 one plant freshly moved to the flower room #7

46-54 one plant in the 2 week stretch #8

55-63 one plant just over 2 week stretch and blooming #9

64-72 one plant packing on weight #10

73-81 one plant finishing weight packing #11

82-90 one plant in flush #12

i think thats 12 :) every 9 days you would be harvesting one plant, and cutting a new clone off the mothers. switching mothers every other 9 days. yup, so every 9th day a plant moves up in the order until finish. this is once again, assuming about a 12.5 week cycle.

so under your 600w MH you would have the 2 mothers, one freshly rooted clone, and 3 plants at various stages of veg state. thats 6 plants.

and then in the flower tent, there are another 6 plants 9 days apart. plant one is just entering the tent, and plant 6 is on its way to the chopping block.

2 mothers (numbered #1 and #2 in diagram below) and then:

days 1-8 new clone cutting being rooted #3

9-17 one plant in veg #4

18-27 one plant in veg #5

28-36 one plant in veg #6

37-45 one plant freshly moved to the flower room #7

46-54 one plant in the 2 week stretch #8

55-63 one plant just over 2 week stretch and blooming #9

64-72 one plant packing on weight #10

73-81 one plant finishing weight packing #11

82-90 one plant in flush #12

med_gallery_13801_60_7437.jpg

ok, i threw this one together real quick. the blue box is a 4 x 4 tent with your cfl's and t5's in it. that's "light tight" so it can run 18-24 hours/day no problem. wont affect the plants in flower. then your doorway to the bedroom is the red lines. that, and any windows in the room need to be light tight as well. $20 in panda film and you are good to go. so now the bedroom itself is light proof. hang a 1000w HPS in the open area of the bedroom for your 6 in flower. the open part gives them PLENTY of room to grow.

Don't I need to prepare that open area? What should I do to it?

since you will only be having 6 plants in that open area, you really don't have to do too much. it's totally up to you as far as ripping up carpet. i think thats nuts for just a few plants. get the walls scrubbed, and just get some plastic or something down on the floor. if the walls are already white, you are good to go. if you wanna spend the extra couple $ cover a wall with panda film for extra reflection. but with 1000watts and 6 plants out there, you will be JUST FINE as-is im sure. other than that, not much "prep" for a "one patient grow"............ if we are staying under budget :)

OK, I can handle that. Since this is my medication room already, I will start buy shoring up the door for light tightness and a lock, and the window with the panda film. I'll check on film for a wall but I'll probably just paint. My wife has been bugging me to get this room painted anyways!

OK, I can handle that. Since this is my medication room already, I will start buy shoring up the door for light tightness and a lock, and the window with the panda film. I'll check on film for a wall but I'll probably just paint. My wife has been bugging me to get this room painted anyways!

well if you can get something checked off your "honey-do" list thats cool, but make sure you let the room air out for DAYS before going any further if you paint it :)

here's those pics. very simple actually. the first pic is from inside the room. i just cut up a cardboard box into 3-4" wide strips and tape them to the door. leaving a couple inches to over-hang onto the wood trim. on the other side of the door (hinge side, left side in the picture) i used a cut up black trash bag. this allows the gap to be sealed off, but the door can still swing open and closed. one side of the trash bag strip gets taped to the door, and the other side to the wall or wood trim in this case.

med_gallery_13801_60_160475.jpg

and then here is the view from the other side. you can see the cardboard overhanging on one side, and the gap on the other side (hinged side) all you see is a black trash bag (red circle).

med_gallery_13801_60_317545.jpg

not rocket science by any means, but i used the clear 3m packing tape and after peeling it all off when i tore the room down it did absolutely zero damage to the door or walls. and it's CHEAP :)

at the bottom, on the inside, i tape another 2-3 in piece of trash bag, the length of the door. this allows air to be sucked in and maintain the correct pressure in your room so that air is not being pushed out into your house. i happen to have a very large gap at the bottom of the door so i taped my trash bag..... and then taped a piece of cardboard over it to cover about half of that gap:

gallery_13801_60_32531.jpg

Morning! Room designing eh. Heres what I've narrowed down to, and most likely going to be #2, however if for some reason I don't go perpetual this would be it.

growroom.jpg

If I do go perpetual, which most likely I will I'm going to go with this design because it leaves me plenty of veg room to take on another patient or two and plenty of flower room as well, all within a 10x10 room.

Growroom-1.jpg

and in 3d

growroom3d.jpg

veg room doorway

growroom3d2.jpg

flower room doorway

growroom3d3.jpg

Are you doing 1 plant per tote or just taking 1 out for the photo?

that was one of my monster moby dick strains. i started them off 2/tote, but when they got too big i separated them. smaller indica strains with a shorter veg time and 2 per tote fit just perfect. (2) 5-7 footers just dont fit in one tote :) (2) 3-4 footers fit just fine.

So, should I go with the totes vs. the pails? Seems like with quick turnovers and short growing cycles that the totes should be sufficient for my needs.??

well i see 2 options. either use 5 gallon buckets, one plant per, and use the perpetual cycle i laid out earlier, or you can use 10 gallon totes, 2 plants per, and "double" that chart. instead of having 10 different 9 day periods, you could have 5 different 18 day periods and move 2 plants each 18 days, instead of one plant every 9 days. follow me? confusing i know, but having 2 plants, 9 days apart in the same tote will get crazy because of height. i would use the 2 plant totes and the 18 day schedule. if you need me to run it down real quick i can??