Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

I have helped folks set up a stealth second floor vent before... We took an old window AC unit and gutted it.. Using a 6" starting flange and some flex pipe. Once you have the unit emptied install the flange on the inside side of the unit and use some aluminum tape to seal all the gaps and cracks.. Install in the window as usual and hook up to your vent fans.. I have pics somewhere.... I may have to find them... anyway just a suggestion..

ok, upstairs, so obviously you wont have people walking right by the window. if there is no obvious/cheap way to go through the roof, i would go with the window. threre's a few different ways depending on the window structure, but it wont be too hard to direct a vent tube out the window and still have it maintain a normal appearance from the outside.

i just randomly grabbed this pic off the net (sorry somebody) but one of these cheap, small, dual box fans are a nice way. you can alter it from the inside to hook up your exhaust tube, and then seal up the rest of it. of course it would never be functional, but from the outside all you see is a normal looking fan in a window.

1245634263-15516_full.jpg

I also need to incorporate a portable air conditioner for that room that gets vented out the window.

Most window AC units are big enough to fit a couple of vents into them... portable AC vents are usually 4" so there would be plenty of room...

bish, i guess another easy fix would be to put a piece of plywood over the window from the inside. 2-4" holes (or whatever) for your exhaust on one side and your AC intake on the other. not the ideal spot for the AC intake, but it will surely work as the forced air going out will be at a much rapid and less often pace than the air that your portable AC unit pulls in which will be lazy and more constant. then you could use the box fan as a "ploy" reason to have your window open, but all you would see from the outside is the blinds/curtains and the box fan.

No, I'll need some more help but I know enough to know that I need someone to help me hook it all up.

Nice Buds!! You always have awesome pics. What kind is that strain of cannabis?

I have a repairman here so I am waiting to medicate until he leaves. Soon, I hope!!

thats a moby/haze mix. i remember taking these pics well :)

it was my first grow with the new strain i had just created, and i remember focusing on the trich formation on the underside of the leaves. both parents had substantial amounts, but the offspring was pretty cool :)

these are all from a picture disc i dug up. i used to keep photo journals in the breeding room. thousands of pics laying around here :)

Yes Jipo, I could certainly use someone with knowledge such as yourself to look at what I have here and how best to proceed.

well when you're ready shoot me a pm, and we'll see where you are located and if its feasable for me to come out, I'll meet you somewhere, we can verify that neither of us are breaking the law and head out from there.

BG that pic hurts my eyes to look into the light hahah! If you're in the metro area bish I can prolly lend a hand to you if you need it.

yeah once i get going i wanna use that shutter speed trick you spoke of to overcome the HPS light :) i know its back on page 3 or 4.......... hahah i been saving it way back there :)

yeah once i get going i wanna use that shutter speed trick you spoke of to overcome the HPS light :) i know its back on page 3 or 4.......... hahah i been saving it way back there :)

You don't seem to suffer from those lines that much, if the bulb is in the path of your lens its going to flare no matter what but frame the bulb out of the pic and use those shutter speeds it shouldn't have any interference.

2 different 10 week strains. long veg cycle. producing monsters. 1/4lb+ per plant and harvesting one plant every 12 days.

2 mother plants and then 10 separate 5gal bubble totes. cutting one fresh clone and harvesting one plant every 12 days.

DAY

0-12 one fresh clone cut and "normally" rooted by the end of this period, then into the bubblebucket to begin the next.

13-24 one plant just beginning the vegetative period.

25-36 one plant getting pretty strong/sturdy and WELL into veg.

37-48 one plant now 2-4ft tall in veg. probably getting unruly and taking over the veg room.

49-60 light flip to 12/12 -- one plant just beginning the flower phase. pistils and bud sites begin to form in this period.

61-72 one plant in the "2 week stretch". rapid height growth during this period.

73-84 one plant finishing the 2 week stretch and beginning to put on flower weight.

85-96 one plant really packing on the grams. the plant will be doing not much else besides growing buds in this phase.

97-108 one plant finishing the weight gaining and trichomes should be cloudy/amber around this time.

109-120 one plant in flush and day 120 is HARVEST DAY!! and the day to cut another clone off one of the mother plants to replace this plant in the order.

so 12 days for roots to form, a 38 day veg period and then 70 days (10 weeks) in flower.

the extra veg time, and the bubbles, will allow for some 5-7ft. tall 3-5oz plants using this schedule.

You don't seem to suffer from those lines that much, if the bulb is in the path of your lens its going to flare no matter what but frame the bulb out of the pic and use those shutter speeds it shouldn't have any interference.

haha, yeah i have just kinda trained myself on how to shoot the best way possible using nothing special :)

i will be playing around with shutter speed this run though.