Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

lol @ jipo

nice pics for real though!!

i have been busting my donkey all morning...... HARVEST PARTY!!

med_gallery_13801_60_1268601.jpg

17 grams (with stem obviously)

it's the new super-secret strain available to EVERYONE very soon :D :D :D

med_gallery_13801_60_283637.jpg

lol........ it is some pretty good stuff though. i will be sharing the strain with everyone once i get set up.... it's a clone only strain. very easy to trim. very long lasting daytime high. it's a sativa dom. that is not for the vertically challenged grow room. 14 days in veg will put her at right about 6 feet tall at harvest when in bubbles using the lucas method.

When I germinate seeds, I start by soaking the seeds in a small glass (seperate glasses for different strains) of pH 7.0 water, until they sink. Those that have not sank, I tap them a bit. If they do not sink they continue to soak until they have. If the seeds do not sink, they are not viable and should be discarded. This is the viability test done in horticultural labs all around the world. If a seed is viable, it will take on water and sink, if it is not it will float until the outer shell begins to rot away.

After that crucial step I place them directly into soil. I place the seeds about 1/4 of an inch deep. I use little planter trays with Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I place them in a small humidome until the sprouts have formed thier cotyladons and the first set of single bladed leaves begins to form. I water with plain pH adjusted water adjusted to 6.8-7.0 for the first 2 weeks.

This should prove very effective for you. Give it a shot.

PERFECT ADDITION TO THE THREAD!!

I CONCUR :D

lmao!! making whoopee priceless with the shercock bud! hahaha! Whats this super secret strain? Looks very sativa and pretty light color.

very sativa. 80% by my numbers.... and the light color is due to an abundance of trichomes B) this branch is totally untouched. you can still see the burnt leaf tips. SO EASY to trim for those of you who are real anal about it.

med_gallery_13801_60_283637.jpg

Bwahahaha!!! Whats the parents to that strain?

how they all fit together is a complete page in this thread by itself :D

the base strain was a WW male from 1997, and it's had some haze and ak-47 added along the way. it's not really a "big secret", it's just something i have created over the years and never really shared much while out in cali. it's a SPERFAST grower..... and it yields a ton, but the finish time is a little lengthy at 10 weeks solid. but the extra couple weeks on the end are def. made up with a short veg period.

4-6oz per plant on a 98 day cycle. constantly. 98 days from the day the clone is clipped. clone roots take a few days longer than most to develop.

not the best for pain meds, but it delivers a daytime high that is perfect tons of other ailments. very VERY "uppity". it lets you function just fine, but VERY intense mentally.

how they all fit together is a complete page in this thread by itself :D

the base strain was a WW male from 1997, and it's had some haze and ak-47 added along the way. it's not really a "big secret", it's just something i have created over the years and never really shared much while out in cali. it's a SPERFAST grower..... and it yields a ton, but the finish time is a little lengthy at 10 weeks solid. but the extra couple weeks on the end are def. made up with a short veg period.

4-6oz per plant on a 98 day cycle. constantly. 98 days from the day the clone is clipped. clone roots take a few days longer than most to develop.

not the best for pain meds, but it delivers a daytime high that is perfect tons of other ailments. very VERY "uppity". it lets you function just fine, but VERY intense mentally.

Sounds like a nice combo, I've always preferred sativa dom for daytime pain, my pain is generally bare-able during the day unless I put a lot of stress on my shoulder so I tend to go for sativa heavy hybrids so I can function and not be all lazy anyways. Its mostly around bed time and when I'm sleeping that heavy indicas are needed due to I can't sleep on my left side and my right side is whats messed up, so sleeping on it is a complain and generally I wake up a lot throughout the night because of it. Sounds like a vigorous gentleman, I prefer to veg to 4 weeks on taller strains I like to see em go nuts, I also tend to stress em a lot in veg between training them, bending branches and topping, but I love when I take a 3-4ft tall plant and wraps around my bucket once or twice and all the nodes assume the role of tops and fight for the growth!

Sounds like a nice combo, I've always preferred sativa dom for daytime pain, my pain is generally bare-able during the day unless I put a lot of stress on my shoulder so I tend to go for sativa heavy hybrids so I can function and not be all lazy anyways. Its mostly around bed time and when I'm sleeping that heavy indicas are needed due to I can't sleep on my left side and my right side is whats messed up, so sleeping on it is a complain and generally I wake up a lot throughout the night because of it. Sounds like a vigorous gentleman, I prefer to veg to 4 weeks on taller strains I like to see em go nuts, I also tend to stress em a lot in veg between training them, bending branches and topping, but I love when I take a 3-4ft tall plant and wraps around my bucket once or twice and all the nodes assume the role of tops and fight for the growth!

oh yeah, this strain LOVES to be supercropped for sure. you can break necks as you please/need.

i have been through so many cycles with it now that i have all the little tidbits figured out. if you put it in flush for 7 days at the VERY FIRST sign of an amber trich, and then harvest....... wow. the first 10 minutes after smoking are comparable to a line of coke (i presume ;))

but that shortens the high length....... 50-50 amber/cloudy seems perfect, and thats right at 10 weeks.

nice tutorial on how to finish a plant.

another school of thought would be to trim at right at harvest time, it's much easier in my opinion.

and dry with more airflow, i use a hanging laundry thing from IKEA, 360 circulation and no hassle of hanging stems

yes after a month cured it's killer, more potent and the true bouquet of aromas and flavors comes alive, after 6 months it's extra special.

this is how you cure....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

This method is particularly effective for folks who are starting out, those looking to maximize quality in a shorter period of time, and folks who's like to produce a connoisseur-quality product each and every time with no guesswork involved.

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding mosture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Yawn. darn jarb taking up my mornings when I'm supposed to be perusing forums!! I like that method of stacking layers between shredded brown bags, never thought of that! I tend to hang mine for about 5-6 days in a room with little air movement, not stale air, but minimal movement. I don't like to quick dry things ever, Then trim em up, bag them and then I tend to shoot for a nice 6 week harvest as well.

I don't like to quick dry things ever

im the same way.

my initial harvest is VERY lazy. i just cut the plant into 2 or 3 sections and hang 'em up. of course larger stems/more leaf matter mean slower dry time. after 72 hours i trim and then brown bag them for however long it takes to hit "that spot". they are normally still pretty wet when they hit the bags, but thats a good thing i think. normally i have to stir them around gently 4 or 5 times over a 2 day period and then its into jars/tupperware. i guess i don't really "stir" them around, i prefer to gently dump the whole bag out on the counter and separate the paper shreds from the buds and re-do the whole process. kind of a pain in the donkey, but it's doing a lot less damage than just sticking your arm in and swirling everything around, or closing the top and shaking the bag like a mad-man.

another good way i have found, if you are not harvesting enough for a large bag is to either use a lunch size brown bag (duh) or you can use a quart size tupperware container with a few coffee filters lining the bottom. i usually do this if i am harvesting less than an oz of meds. after hanging for 72 hours and trimming, i put them in the tupperware and just kinda play with the lid on/off for a couple days and it works just perfect. i actually prefer this method, but it only works in small containers, and would be way too much hassle to put together 20-30 small tupperwares for a larger harvest.

Just a quick question, didn't want to start a new thread just for a quickie. If I have a plant, flowering for two weeks now, but too tall for my space until I can revamp it in a couple weeks and make it bigger. Can I simply tie the four tops down to the sides of the container it's in? Loosely of course, maybe using a small piece of insulated wire? They seem like they would bend fine, not break or pinch. Just need to know if this will phuck it all up, or if it's all good. Thanks in advance....

----Nemo

Just a quick question, didn't want to start a new thread just for a quickie. If I have a plant, flowering for two weeks now, but too tall for my space until I can revamp it in a couple weeks and make it bigger. Can I simply tie the four tops down to the sides of the container it's in? Loosely of course, maybe using a small piece of insulated wire? They seem like they would bend fine, not break or pinch. Just need to know if this will phuck it all up, or if it's all good. Thanks in advance....

----Nemo

As long as you don't break things you're fine, if things crack and snap it still won't be the end of the world, but I never recommend causing stress during flowering.

try to supercrop the tops, youtube might have a good tutorial on that, real easy, then (LST)tie the tops to some wire, rope, string whatever and duct tape that to the side of the container. plants won't stretch much more after 2 weeks, purer sativa types being the exception, depends on your genetics always, but most modern hybrids halt vertical growth after 2-3 weeks of 12/12. put them back in veg, they will re-veg and that's a slow fuct up process you won't want to deal with.

Well, I tied the over, looks ok. What should I expect? Will the tops turn back up and continue growing? Or will the side stems pop kolas? Here's a pic, cause pics are always good. :)

post-13362-12736095166123_thumb.jpg

----Nemo

That looks fine, They will turn upward probably before you shut off the lights, I do some serious training on my plants in veg state, bend em, twist em, top em, tie em all over the place. They always come back to the light.

Well, I tied the over, looks ok. What should I expect? Will the tops turn back up and continue growing? Or will the side stems pop kolas? Here's a pic, cause pics are always good. :)

post-13362-12736095166123_thumb.jpg

----Nemo

WELL DONE!!

professional work man. great tie. you should be 100% fine. sit back and watch them take shape ;)

jipo/THC/everyone......thanks for holding down the fort while i was out. trying to get all moved in.

What a great walk-through of all the drying stages and curing methods TO GET THE BEST POSSIBLE END RESULT. I am SO GLAD we have people that have a vast knowledge of our medicine and its growth start to finish (and then some). It's great to have fellows who are so willing to share with other, relative newbies like me, so that we can, with a bit time and money, set up a grow op to create our meds and do a darn fine job of it! Thanks everyone! KGB69SS