Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

I have assisted my cousin for quite a few years outside, he has used miracle grow soil mixed with topsoil and peat plenty of times and had great success. Maybe it was the time released ferts that are causing it. From the looks of it, I dont see how they can come back.. all the new growth, on the tops of the branches and at all the nodes are no longer green, they are white or yellow. But the fact that the rest of the plant looks strong gives me hope. Would picking off the white/yellow tops stimulate new growth? Or would leaving the plant alone be best?(i would still flush, and add lime, and possibly change soil).

I want to add, everytime i helped my cousin, he starts from seed, outdoors the whole time, these are clones that were vegged indoors until 1 foot tall.

Anything medium can grow something, doesn't mean its good for it. . You also need to supply nutrients with your plants, if you don't then you're going to have issues and run into sub par results. Theres a reason people have "formula's" to their growing, not to come down on you, but if 9/10 people say don't use miracle grow, its usually for a reason. Also why not do things right if you're going to do them? Why not provide the best possible quality under any circumstances? Get some good organic soil, mix in a good bit of perlite and grab yourself some liquid organic nutrients like Fox Farms or Pure Blend Pro, they're very hard to make errors with, and will enhance everything you have tenfold. If you haven't given them nutrients in 3 weeks then they have sucked everything they can from the soil and are telling you they need more, feed them, I had a 2 ghost pepper plants, 1 took off 1 did not, so I stopped caring for the plant, never chopped it up just took it out of the room set the planter on a shelf and forgot about it, after 4 months of no light, no water, no nothing it was a white stem with 1 little leaf left on it when my room mate asked what it was and decided to give it some water and light to see what happens. This was about 2 weeks ago, the plant today is about 9" taller then it was and quite bushy, came back 100% and it looked dead from top to bottom, completely neglected. Plants are way more resilient then anyone credits them for, they outlived the dinosaurs, they'll out live us....

Edited by Jipo

I think it looks a lot like a pH problem, and could very well be the time-release MG fertilizer. I think that you should do whatever you have to do to neutralize the soil. Get rid of the dead tips. They won't be coming back. But just like a previous post said, these plants are resilient. There's still plenty of time for you to enjoy a harvest. They are not getting the nutes they need to support growth. It could be that the soil and/or roots have locked up. Being in a container, you should be able to control some things like pH and nutes and water. I think that if you check the pH at run-off you'll find it either too acidotic or too alkilotic. The plants want to grow and make buds. If you provide the proper environment they should come back. Slugs are a nightmare for some plants, as they eat tender vegetative leaves. Ants are necessary for plants like peonies to bloom, as they eat the secretions from the buds and allow them to burst open. Your plants don't show signs of damage due to insects, but they sure don't look like they're getting what they need. I wish you well.

I have 2 vanilla kush plants that I got as clones from a flowering mom and They spent 2 weeks on 18/6 the continued to throw out single leaves so I switched them to 24/7 and they havent changed a milimeter in the last week. I was just wondering how long could it take. I have 2 other plants in with them that are vegging great and am worried about keeping them developmentally the same

I have 2 vanilla kush plants that I got as clones from a flowering mom and They spent 2 weeks on 18/6 the continued to throw out single leaves so I switched them to 24/7 and they havent changed a milimeter in the last week. I was just wondering how long could it take. I have 2 other plants in with them that are vegging great and am worried about keeping them developmentally the same

In my experience, clones taken from flowering plants usually take six-eight weeks to start vegging again. They will be way behind your other plants. You could always top, LST, SCROG, etc., your plants to keep the canopy even.

• 2 weeks later...

wow. 102 pages and almost 80,000 views.

amazing folks :) great job!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Amazing threads Bubblegrower. The learning curve would have been a hell of a lot steeper without your knowledge and willingness to share it!! Thank You. :goodjob:

peace Cam

good to see ya bro. hope all grows well for ya!! same old same old around here. have a couple new things swerving through the veg tents right now but other than that its same shyt different day. and you??

Yea pretty much the same here although i did have to buy a portable ac for these temps in my flower room . <_<

What do you mean dialed in. As in how much nutes your feeding???

Hi donnachris. "Dialed in" refers to the ongoing process of adapting your grow to the endless varying conditions you will face as a grower. It includes almost every aspect of the process, and isn't exactly the same for everyone. You will learn as you grow that temperature and humidity and ventilation and lighting and nutrients and ... well it just goes on and on, but they'll need to be tweeked specifically for your set-up. Different strains require different conditions. Your grow won't be quite the same as anyone elses. But you'll figure it out as you grow, and make the necessary adjustments. That's what you'll be doing as you get your grow "dialed in". Good luck! it's a lot of fun, and well worth the effort.:gym: