Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hey Nix! Ive got a bucket of tea going, and the girls are happy happy! That and cool rez temps are making a world of difference. I also spent the looooong dollar on voodoo juice. It'll be interesting to see what that does. The battle with root-rot has been my biggest obstacle so far, and thanks for the tips. I think it's under control now, and I'll know what to do if it re-appears. I had a flurry of spider mites. They appeared on some plants that were really close to harvest. I do a pretty diligent maintenance routine in my grow. I was able to remove all of the infested leaves, and the harvest was good. All of the other plants got the usual treatment, and I'm not seeing anything that makes me too anxiuos. The tea works really good! Thanks for your help!

grand dad purps is the strain and yes i will notice male flowers if i see them i first noticed signs of light get into my flower room in week 4and allready had nice buds growing very well and then in week 4 noticed the new growth starting witch has now grown to 3 or 4 inches im allmost done with week 5 now and alot of my buds look weak and skinny compared to normal buds of the same age my light prob is now fixed but my buds still sho the strain of light shock i guess all still look female but just dont know what to expect

Hey Nix! Ive got a bucket of tea going, and the girls are happy happy! That and cool rez temps are making a world of difference. I also spent the looooong dollar on voodoo juice. It'll be interesting to see what that does. The battle with root-rot has been my biggest obstacle so far, and thanks for the tips. I think it's under control now, and I'll know what to do if it re-appears. I had a flurry of spider mites. They appeared on some plants that were really close to harvest. I do a pretty diligent maintenance routine in my grow. I was able to remove all of the infested leaves, and the harvest was good. All of the other plants got the usual treatment, and I'm not seeing anything that makes me too anxiuos. The tea works really good! Thanks for your help!

Glad it helped. It was a godsend to find that solution for my RDWC. It is the only thing that stops the slime. You will probably want to make another batch of the tea halfway through your grow to keep the microbe warriors thriving. I pour it right through the net cup so the roots get it first. Let us know how the Voodoo Juice works out. It's too expensive for my tastes and it might be redundant since you are already breeding beneficial microbes in your compost tea (for much much cheaper). I do use AN's Big Bud in weeks 2-4 of flower with great results (with certain strains I should add).

Hi all,

I just started two bubble totes and wanted to use the lucas method but I read it was for ro water or water with 0 ppm. I'm using tap water right now (of course after a 24 hr wait) and wondered if I can still use the lucas method with tap water with a 251 ppm reading. I plan on getting an ro system in the next few weeks so tap water will have to do.

Thanks

Hi all,

I just started two bubble totes and wanted to use the lucas method but I read it was for ro water or water with 0 ppm. I'm using tap water right now (of course after a 24 hr wait) and wondered if I can still use the lucas method with tap water with a 251 ppm reading. I plan on getting an ro system in the next few weeks so tap water will have to do.

Thanks

hey mmj intern I was wondering that when I started this year as well. I do not have ready access to ro water and have been doing tap for 5 months now with no problem. it is getting a little tiresome leaving 1 gal jugs out all over the house to let the chlorine evaporate but it does work just fine.

hey mmj intern I was wondering that when I started this year as well. I do not have ready access to ro water and have been doing tap for 5 months now with no problem. it is getting a little tiresome leaving 1 gal jugs out all over the house to let the chlorine evaporate but it does work just fine.

Awesome! Thanks Kyle for replying so quickly. :thumbsu: I had a bottle of floramicro & florabloom in each hand and didn't want to kill these little clones.

• 4 months later...

Hey Bubble Grower I was wondering if SCROGGING 4 plants in a 400 watt perpetual grow would work effectively in a 3x3 Area.

My current plan is to take separate clones from my mother/veg room into my flower room every 2 1/2 weeks or 1/4 the full flowering period and scrogging to maximize efficiency. I was also considering doing a SOG but I was afraid of using too many plants would sacrifice the quality.

Hey Bubble Grower I was wondering if SCROGGING 4 plants in a 400 watt perpetual grow would work effectively in a 3x3 Area.

My current plan is to take separate clones from my mother/veg room into my flower room every 2 1/2 weeks or 1/4 the full flowering period and scrogging to maximize efficiency. I was also considering doing a SOG but I was afraid of using too many plants would sacrifice the quality.

Hi Sysmatix. Bubble Grower was banned from this site a long time ago so he won't be responding. This thread should probably be locked. But anyways...

I did a DWC SCROG last grow with good success. It's a great way to go, especially if growing different strains at the same time. It keeps the canopy even and low which is what you want with a 400W. These plants were grown with two 400W lamps in a an area about 4' x 6'. I used PVC and deer fencing to make the screen. You will get slightly slower growth than if you just let them grow naturally, as the plant has to constantly reorient itself. But it's still faster than supercropping or topping/fimming.

gallery_15206_691_138222.jpg

Edited by Nix

• 2 years later...

Yellow sticky traps will help knock down the population and give you something to identify.

Fungus gnats are not that much of a threat until the get large in numbers. If they are winged root aphids then you have some serious work to get rid of them.

yep, its in the soil. bad soil, bad!

put sand or diatomacceous earth on top of all of the dirt in your pots, DE will kill a majority of gnats and it is non toxic- but wear a mask as it is a lung irritant because of small particles.

i'd like to see a picture of your plant leaves before figuring out what the rust colors are. that could be nute burn or other problem. gnats generally dont eat leaves.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7448.html

Adult fungus gnats don’t damage plants or bite people; their presence is primarily considered a nuisance. Larvae, however, when present in large numbers, can damage roots and stunt plant growth, particularly in seedlings and young plants. 

spraying neem oil in the root zone may also help.

Edited by t-pain

i would do a neem + water drench the next time you need to water.  a drench is just pouring 1-3 gallons of water into the pot (depending on pot size), to make sure the entire pot of dirt gets wet. its also called a 'flush'.

spraying the root ball when transporting is also doable. of course if you cannot spray into the center of the root ball... the bugs maybe living there. which is why i suggest a drench.

fungus gnats thrive in wet soils... so maybe you are over watering?

when plants get established (dunno how far your seedlings are) you want to water them once every 2-3 days abouts. let them get mostly dried out. its difficult to explain and you mostly learn from trial and error and looking at the leaves and lifting the pots to see how heavy/light they are. then memorizing a dry pot vs a wet pot and only watering when they are light weight.

best advice "you can always under water, but overwatering will cause you nothing but trouble".

In hydro if you spray neem on the root balls it will kill the plants.. i learned that from experience.   (check online instructions for a mix ) spray it on the plants the mix is like a drop of dish soap and some water for immulsion..... i don't recommend root spraying at all.. 

Go here and check you leaf against the calcium deficiency picture..   http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms

Edited by Willy