Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

After taking apart the carbon filter, I would change the carbon only if I could get new cloth/fiber that holds the carbon in place.

I have no idea where a person could purchase this material. It almost looks like the material they use in landscaping. The black fiber material laid down in landscape hills etc.

It is easy to drill out the rivets and disassemble. Nothing to putting the carbon back in too.

Pantyhose. You can knot them into the size you need. 

I'm leaning towards the black fiber that is used for landscaping. Will need two pieces 20" x 20" of the fiber. The outer piece just wraps around, but inner piece is tied with string to hold in place. Once I find some carbon, then I will rework the carbon filter and report back.

Any suggestions on where to get carbon?

New carbon filter cost $80 including shipping, so will compare costs.

Edited by blackhorse

I'm leaning towards the black fiber that is used for landscaping. Will need two pieces 20" x 20" of the fiber. The outer piece just wraps around, but inner piece is tied with string to hold in place. Once I find some carbon, then I will rework the carbon filter and report back.

For water you can use carbon fish tank filter inserts. They are already in bags. You can get them at Meijers.

Edited by Restorium2

new carbon refill of 48 will cost you more than that. tough to settle contents though... enough to make it as efficient as new. pellets better than smaller sizes.

In a pinch I would crush some bags of lump coal and use that, but still would take more than 80 bucks to fill, depending on size of can.

verdict-buy a new one. Mine began to fail 3 yrs into the grow, an unexpected bonus I'd say. Humidity, temps have much to do with life span. I heard the phresh filters can be hosed off and dried for extended use. might work?  Cooking them definitely works, I've done it, but wont again. One branch, from one plant, once a year....$ :)

• 1 month later...

pic possible?

If sure its pm please dont use any part of the plant if you can spare the harvest. Wet it, bag it, and to the compost sadly is where I'd put it. Eating mold is probably not a good idea. I suspect hundreds of sacks in my past were pm filament filled. eeewww.

water will kill the mold, so will butter, high heat, but the mold is still there. some filter their oil/butter through proper sized filters but meh.....sorry for that gg dangit!   got more of them ready ?

pic possible?

If sure its pm please dont use any part of the plant if you can spare the harvest. Wet it, bag it, and to the compost sadly is where I'd put it. Eating mold is probably not a good idea. I suspect hundreds of sacks in my past were pm filament filled. eeewww.

water will kill the mold, so will butter, high heat, but the mold is still there. some filter their oil/butter through proper sized filters but meh.....sorry for that gg dangit!   got more of them ready ?

What would a proper sized filter be?

I think I would make bho out of it, I would only keep it for myself though!  I used to make bho in the late 70's and early 80's with mex blrick weed lol, It dont mean it didnt effect me in a way it may catch up to me though! :yahoo-wave:

But like gm said now matter what you do, the mold will still be there, dead or alive!

Peace

What would a proper sized filter be?

I think I would make bho out of it, I would only keep it for myself though!  I used to make bho in the late 70's and early 80's with mex blrick weed lol, It dont mean it didnt effect me in a way it may catch up to me though! :yahoo-wave:

But like gm said now matter what you do, the mold will still be there, dead or alive!

Peace

I have no idea. I saw a poster here mention a micron filter they use to filter out their mold from their cannabis oils. I wouldnt do it now, we're older, sicker, with weaker immune systems today. mexican mold was health food compared to the super fungi today.  toss the moldy bits.

this is suspect to me. I've never seen pm on a bud but not on an adjacent leaf. Trichomes, especially when broken or damaged, small hairs, dust....can all look like filaments under a finger glass. GG is worth taking a closer look I think

No luck with pic's in the past, doing something wrong with upload.

I sprayed all the buds with a milk/water solution (5-1) just as an experiment.

Plan is to destroy the plant at this time.

got to put them into your personal gallery first, then borrow them from there I think . I want a pic !!!! about to cry here.....

if rh is off I'm afraid symptoms will reoccur. I hope you get this under control quickly. I feel ya for the garden losses.

The humidity stays under 40%.

I did notice a couple spots of wpm on leaves in closet. Close the closet for 8 hours a night as it is in flower room. Fan in closet all the time.

Sprayed the milk/water solution on GG this morning and now very little sign of wpm on the plant.

Still planning on destroying the plant, but want to run a couple days with spraying each day.

Learn as I go!

Attempted to take a pic, but too blurry. Going to purchase one of the microscopes that hooks into the computer, so I can zoom in.

Edited by blackhorse

I have no idea. I saw a poster here mention a micron filter they use to filter out their mold from their cannabis oils. I wouldnt do it now, we're older, sicker, with weaker immune systems today. mexican mold was health food compared to the super fungi today.  toss the moldy bits.

this is suspect to me. I've never seen pm on a bud but not on an adjacent leaf. Trichomes, especially when broken or damaged, small hairs, dust....can all look like filaments under a finger glass. GG is worth taking a closer look I think

It is possible this is dust on the buds. The buds are really sticky and noticed the trichomes had foreign material on them.

I might keep an eye on plant and finish off, then get it tested.

After spraying with milk water, no sign of anything. So maybe I over reacted. A test will be the way to go.

I have no idea. I saw a poster here mention a micron filter they use to filter out their mold from their cannabis oils. I wouldnt do it now, we're older, sicker, with weaker immune systems today. mexican mold was health food compared to the super fungi today. toss the moldy bits.

Yeah, no micron filter small enough for the spores. And the mycotoxins pass w the solvents. Iv smelled foul bho made from moldy nugs before, basically effed, cant be processed out.

I recall not too long ago the acceptable(to some posters) use of moldy cannabis was to process it in hash bags. YUCK!!!

the example must be set. Growers who know better need to speak up, thank you for doing so. when good growers say nothing, bad growers and their bad info prevail.

This is the reason I caution patients when they consider using oil from a dispensary. think wet scraps building up mass right before it gets stuffed into the washing machine, with Flint water even.