When Baking, What Temp?

• 1 month later...

the THC needs to bond with fat molicules or with alcohol... you will get no benifit from popping a bud into your mouth except for dirty teeth

you Cannot get any medicinal benifit from eating room tempature weed...

... common somone who knows what they are talking about please back me up!

But if you used Canna-butter in the no-bakes as eldoradoescobar stated in his update you have already bonded the herb to the butters fat molicules so it would work -but i would add no extra herb to the cookies that wasnt in the canna-butter

you would get the health benefits of the chlorophyll and fiber if you chewed it up raw. would you get high? no. But there are some docs out there who have done studies proving that juicing mj and drinking the juice is beneficial to the digestive tract and in boosting the immune system (much like wheat grass juice), not to mention the benefit of adding another serving of green veg to your diet. Sorry if this isn't the kind of back-up you were hoping for, but I do know what I am talking about. The studies are out there on the web if you care to do some research.

• 9 years later...
On 4/22/2010 at 5:31 AM, Buck Naykid said:

the THC needs to bond with fat molicules or with alcohol... you will get no benifit from popping a bud into your mouth except for dirty teeth

you Cannot get any medicinal benifit from eating room tempature weed...

... common somone who knows what they are talking about please back me up!

But if you used Canna-butter in the no-bakes as eldoradoescobar stated in his update you have already bonded the herb to the butters fat molicules so it would work -but i would add no extra herb to the cookies that wasnt in the canna-butter

I also used to believe that you couldn't get high eating raw cannabis, until a doctor friend of mine informed me that chewing a small bud for at least 15 minutes (like a cow chews a cud of grass or hay) will decarboxylate it. I tried this the next day and almost wished I hadn't at first, until the effects started to mellow a bit. In all of my 50 plus years of using cannabis, I never once got as stoned from smoking it as I did that first time just eating a raw gram. I've been a daily consumer for over a half century and also a Cannabis Cup winner. According to DJ Short (also a Cannabis Cup winner), I was his main lab rat over 40 years ago, in the development of his famous Blueberry strains. He's also the person who introduced me to that doctor in the first place. I was also employed by the University of Wisconsin Drug Information Center as a psychedelics expert in the late 60's, early 70's. You could say I'm rather experienced. Since that first time eating a raw bud (about 1 gram), I've been eating only about a quarter gram at time with great results. Remember, you must chew on it for at least 15 to 20 minutes before swallowing otherwise nothing will happen. Be careful and start with just a very small amount.

Try this;

Quick bhang

Ingredients
2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon)
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar

This is the traditional method of preparation:

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes.
Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save.

Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water.
Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass.

Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue.

Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk.

New Method

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Place this mixture along with the remaining ingredients in a blender set to 'liquify'. Blend for several minutes, strain through a mesh coffee filter. Enjoy!

https://oldtimemeds.blogspot.com/2014/02/quick-bhang.html

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2010 at 8:22 AM, phaquetoo said:

have you ever stuck a nice juicy bud in your mouth and chewed it like chewing tobaco? what do you mean you cant eat pot at room temp? Try it you will like it!

The nobakes sound good!

Hell yeah! I LOVE taking a nice fresh bud of CBD right off the lady and pouching it in the corner of my mouth letting that medicine absorb and I swear you feel it in seconds, it’s unbelievable! THC bud is killer too, absolutely!

• 1 year later...

I was going on in my mind I made them with veg oil at 225 to be on the safe side since it’s in. A tube with droplets for the equation. It’s so much more confusing I did 25 to be on the safe side how many drops would you put in for a pan of six? This is my first time making them with oil I prefer flower tbh but this is what I’ve got just trying to make the best with what I have 

13 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I was going on in my mind I made them with veg oil at 225 to be on the safe side since it’s in. A tube with droplets for the equation. It’s so much more confusing I did 25 to be on the safe side how many drops would you put in for a pan of six? This is my first time making them with oil I prefer flower tbh but this is what I’ve got just trying to make the best with what I have 

You will have to experiment. Once you get used to the oil you will like cooking with it. 

What is the Concentration of your oil, and how strong do you want your brownies? I make mine with mct based tincture (infusion technically). Each oz of my tincture contains 750mg of thc, i use a whole oz(2Tbs) in a pan of brownies (9x9 pan cut into 12 pieces) and the rest reg oil to what the box/recipe says. This gives about 60mg thc per brownie.  I cook them at 325, trust me there is no loss in potency. The brownie itself is not getting that hot. They usually take about 25 minutes.

Edited by glued gorilla