How Much Per Plant?

Alot of this is dependant on the size of bucket, veg time, genetics, lamps wattage etc...

On average I get roughly 4-8oz per plant, I grow in 5 gallon hempy buckets, I veg for 6 or so weeks, I also Fim, Top and LST all my plants. I use 600w MH for veg, 1000w HPS for flower, I have T5 lamps as additional supplemental lighting. But again alot of it is genetics. My best yield was a Grand Daddy Purple that took 16.5 weeks to flower, with an additional 8 week veg and it was in a 12 gallon tupperware, It was pretty much a tree, had bark on the main stem and all, Final weight after dry was 27oz's, at the same time it took nearly 2-3x as long as other plants to grow and I gave it extra veg time because of its massive growth rate from the start. I've never yielded under a 1/4lb on a plant under my lighting, when I was using a 400w I would get about 1.5-3oz's a plant and roughly the same under a 600w (maybe 2-4oz's)

Alot of this is dependant on the size of bucket, veg time, genetics, lamps wattage etc...

On average I get roughly 4-8oz per plant, I grow in 5 gallon hempy buckets, I veg for 6 or so weeks, I also Fim, Top and LST all my plants. I use 600w MH for veg, 1000w HPS for flower, I have T5 lamps as additional supplemental lighting. But again alot of it is genetics. My best yield was a Grand Daddy Purple that took 16.5 weeks to flower, with an additional 8 week veg and it was in a 12 gallon tupperware, It was pretty much a tree, had bark on the main stem and all, Final weight after dry was 27oz's, at the same time it took nearly 2-3x as long as other plants to grow and I gave it extra veg time because of its massive growth rate from the start. I've never yielded under a 1/4lb on a plant under my lighting, when I was using a 400w I would get about 1.5-3oz's a plant and roughly the same under a 600w (maybe 2-4oz's)

The 1000w is the way to go, I noticed a huge diff when i moved from 400w to 600w ..It was like nite and day, I can only imagine the 1000w. and if def makes a diff on strains and how long you veg. I like to veg longer and get a big beauty going before flowering, experiment, have fun with it, im gonna try a sea of green, just for sheets and giggles,,,why not?

Don't go by plant. That tells you NOTHING...

Go by, 'grams per watt'. Its much better.

My first inside plant was 8 oz dried. One plant. Sounds like alot, but... It was 1 plant under a 600w light thats .37 grams per watt. Thats not extremely impressive.

A good gram per watt is .50. Now if your a good grower and have good yielding plant you could possibly obtain 1.0 grams per watt. Now thats a nice goal.

The 1000w is the way to go, I noticed a huge diff when i moved from 400w to 600w ..It was like nite and day, I can only imagine the 1000w. and if def makes a diff on strains and how long you veg. I like to veg longer and get a big beauty going before flowering, experiment, have fun with it, im gonna try a sea of green, just for sheets and giggles,,,why not?

SOG is a interesting method I never got into, I've seen very successful SOG grows, as well as SCROG however with the plant limits being low I wouldn't recommend it as your going to have very small plants that yield 1/4-1/2 oz. In Oakland a friend of mine grew SOG but the plant limit is 99, 99 1/2 oz plants is a great yield, however 12 1/2oz plants not so great. If you're a care giver then you may have greater limits then the average, but in my honest opinion the best setup is a solid perpetual grow, 1-2 plants harvested every week, 1-2 plants added to the room every week. I always tie mine down so I never go by heighth as the plant is manipulated greatly but in a good LST you'll have 10+ main nodes on the plant, 1 plant will essentially be 10 sog plants branching off one main stalk.

I was surprised with the 1000w, I was getting worried as my plants weren't all that much larger then under a 400w lamp, I want to emphasize THAT MUCH LARGER, due to they were a bit larger, but the bud mass itself was extremely dense, a small nug that would have been .5g under my 400w setup was now 1-1.5g the development of the flowers were also much stronger overall in smell, potency and looks.

Don't go by plant. That tells you NOTHING...

Go by, 'grams per watt'. Its much better.

My first inside plant was 8 oz dried. One plant. Sounds like alot, but... It was 1 plant under a 600w light thats .37 grams per watt. Thats not extremely impressive.

A good gram per watt is .50. Now if your a good grower and have good yielding plant you could possibly obtain 1.0 grams per watt. Now thats a nice goal.

Grams per watt is a great guage and all however, some plants aren't capable of the mass others are. Its a great way to guage strain to strain comparisons between growers but I'll use white widow and big bud for an example, say one guys growing 1 white widow under 1 1000w lamp and another is growing 1 big bud, both use the same medium, nutrients, lighting, ventillation. The Big bud genetically will produce many more grams per watt, as Big Bud plants have been known to produce 400-500grams per square meter, while white widow will be more like 200-300grams per square meter. A good bushy healthy plant should be in the range of 3-5' tall and 3' or so around. thats a square meter or more. Whos to say the guy who hit .5 grams per watt vs the guy who hit .25 is better? While I do agree with the grams per watt is one of the better way to guage same plant grows or to guage an entire grow room harvest, I feel its stacked when other genetics are compared.

So per plant you can get up to 500 grams per plant (1000w light) per one plant? 1 plant? so if your a bad grower you could get up to 250 grams per plant? thats alot

You misinterpreted things a bit. If you grew 10 plants in a room under 1000w and got 1000 grams, that is a good way of guaging Grams per Watt, and that would be 1.0 grams per watt. The per plant thing is generally in your genetics, planter size, plant size, veg time, nutrients and every other possible variable. The main thing is some plants can't physically produce as much as others, regardless of bucket size etc... Shorter flower period plants wont usually yield as much as longer etc.. I've had strains where they yielded me 120-150grams on a fully grown fully mature plant, in that same room getting fed the identical same I've turned 400+ grams on 1 plant. That is just how the cookie crumbles. Don't discourage yourself because this plant only averages this. Most of your high yielding plants aren't as potent and don't smoke as good as your lower yielding plants. They all have their ups and downs.

Mmmm makes me think... i get 40 to 80 grams per plant.. i have a 600 watt HPS light

Thats a good start honestly. How many plants do you grow under your 600w, what strains are you growing. What kind of nutrients, temps and humidity do you have. If you want to become better you need experience. However if your getting 40-80 grams per plant and you're growing 10 plants at a time your doing awesome!

Archived