Dr. Greenthumb Seeds

Have looked around a bunch and I think I am gonna go ahead and order some gear from him. I know for sure I want the C99 and possibly the OG but thats still in the air. I don't think prices are bad at all either $300 for 22 fem beans in not bad in my opinion. I wont know for sure until I pull the trigger and try them out.

iranian short season is real easy to clone. not sure why doc renamed it iranian autoflower. since you can clone it and keep a mom going under 24hr light. early finish not a true autoflower. and thats a good thing.

Have looked around a bunch and I think I am gonna go ahead and order some gear from him. I know for sure I want the C99 and possibly the OG but thats still in the air. I don't think prices are bad at all either $300 for 22 fem beans in not bad in my opinion. I wont know for sure until I pull the trigger and try them out.

Here is a great link on Doc's OG Kush: http://www.rollitup.org/seedbank-reviews/299178-cali-connection-vs-dr-greenthumb.html If I were you I would get his OG Kush :D

iranian short season is real easy to clone. not sure why doc renamed it iranian autoflower. since you can clone it and keep a mom going under 24hr light. early finish not a true autoflower. and thats a good thing.

Here are Doc's own words about Iranian Autoflower from a couple of posts I've found elsewhere and edited together:

C.Ruderalis is in all the other autos, We don't mess with anything that has C. Ruderalis in it. At first we thought this plant was merely very early, which is why at first we called it Iranian Short Season, then later changed the name to Iranian Autoflower when we realized it had autoflower characteristics. You can use 24 hours of dense light with lots of blue spectrum to delay flowering... but only for a while. If you wait too long, flowering begins anyway but with a weak flowering response and they enter a state (almost like a revegged plant) of weak flowering that I don't think is reversible. You cannot keep Iranian Autoflowers indefinately but you can keep a mother for a while under 24 hours of strong light; preferrably MH or T5; something with lots of blue spectrum and you can make cuttings. Since the seeds are reliably female you need only grow one to produce a mother and take a flush of shoots but you have to be quick and you have to flower the cuts as soon as they are tall enough to flower. You can delay flowering long enough to take and root cuttings and veg them for a while but wait too long and flowering occurs regardless and flowering response then is weak. You'd want to reduce your photperiod to 12-16 hours as soon as the clones are of the requisite size to get a strong flowering response. This is why we generally recommend IAF be done outdoors. It's less of a juggling act. Again, we don't really recommend this plant for indoors but a lot of people seem to want to do it anyway. Outdoors it's about 90 days start to finish and IMO it is at it's best in that growing environment.

I should ad a word about starting indoors in order to finish outside. If you root cuts and set them out, they will go immediately into full-on flower, so it is recommended that you veg them until 12-18 inches tall before setting out.Setting out a 3-4 inch tall cut results in a one ounce yield instead of the expected four or more. One final,final word. Optimum outdoor yield, and indeed optimum yield overall is achieved when peak flowering occurs during the longest days of the year in June, so Happy Canada Day and July 4th weekend.

Not all autoflowers are the same. Indoors we don't see any real advantage to doing this plant. Iranian Autoflower is indeed an autoflower though and outdoors will flower in May, June, July, so can be relaibly harvested in June, July August and beyond; about 90 days start to finish, with a respectable 4-8 ounces yield and second-to-none potency.

Not all autoflowers are the same. Indoors we don't see any real advantage to doing this plant. Iranian Autoflower is indeed an autoflower though and outdoors will flower in May, June, July, so can be relaibly harvested in June, July August and beyond; about 90 days start to finish, with a respectable 4-8 ounces yield and second-to-none potency.

There are plenty of real nice strains that don't autoflower that go 90 days from seed to finish. I don't see the fascination with autoflowering varieties myself. Can't keep a clone, have to start seeds every grow, have to cull males. Not very enticing to me.

i would have to disagree ive seen a 4 foot bushy mom 6 months old seen many clones come off her and witch all grew for 2-3 months none are flowering the mom was under a 1oo watt metal halide the clones were under cheap 4 foot tube flourecents. none started to flower mom was under 23 hours light clones 24

i would have to disagree ive seen a 4 foot bushy mom 6 months old seen many clones come off her and witch all grew for 2-3 months none are flowering the mom was under a 1oo watt metal halide the clones were under cheap 4 foot tube flourecents. none started to flower mom was under 23 hours light clones 24

He was talking about autoflowering strains...

only problem ive seen with growing iranian short season in doors is the buds dont get as big as outdoors but budding under 14-15hrs light a day seems to have solved that. also they seem to suffer from magnesium deficiency a little epson salt helped that.

Even so, what is the advantage?

A six month old mom is not very old. Read Doc's words: It can not be kept indefinately without flowering, it will eventually flower very weakly indoors.

There are plenty of real nice strains that don't autoflower that go 90 days from seed to finish. I don't see the fascination with autoflowering varieties myself. Can't keep a clone, have to start seeds every grow, have to cull males. Not very enticing to me.

They are not very enticing to me either but there is a big market for them. You don't have to worry about LEO's or thiefs late in the season when they are specifically looking for outdoor cannabis. You don't have to cull males because IA is female and you only need one seed to start a temporary mom to cut clones, and you will not find a 90 day start to finish strain that is even close to IA's potency and yield. Another advantage is it doesn't have crap ruderalis in it so I would have no reservations in making a cross with it, as the autoflower characteristics don't show up in the cross( at least as a general rule). I have also seen a post where Doc encourages people to cross it with other strains.

just saying the irainian auto flower clones get as big as you want them without starting to bud as long as you keep them in vegetation the advantag is the bigger the iranian clone the more bud you get.none ever started to bud while kept in veg.the other advantage is i kept a mom and didnt have to pay $150.00 to get more iranian auto flower seeds .

I would personally like to thank everybody for being civil so far. Most of you do not know what an honor it is to have Doc posting on and monitoring our site. Between he and his associate Bob there are over 55 years of breeding experience. That is not cultivation experience, it's actual breeding experience. These men are some of the most respected breeders on the planet and we should be honored he is even monitoring our community, as he normally, to my knowledge just keeps an overview of the MAJOR international forums. You don't see DJ, Neville, Shantibaba, Soma, DNA, or the gentlemen from Sensi Seeds posting here.

I believe that Doc is beginning to respect our community and that is why he is starting to feel comfortable posting here and giving advice on his strains. I also know he respects knowledgeable growers and we have many here, that is probably another reason he is here.

EVERYONE here can learn something from this man, so let's keep on keeping it civil here, and I think Doc will stick around. He doesn't have time to screw around with trolls and people accusing him or anyone of spamming or advertising his products. Believe me, he doesn't need the advertising or extra business, as his work stands on it's own merits. I have only seen him jump in when help is needed or requested about his offerings, or he has to defend himself or his products from trolls and know it all's.

Once again I would like to thank everyone so far.

A six month old mom ieds not very old. Read Doc's words: It can not be kept indefinately without flowering, it will eventually flower very weakly indoors.

the firt clone came off the mom from seed 15months ago there has been several cuts used as a mom since longest one grew was 6 months before over growing the room and small 1oo watt light.fresh cut clones still in veg and healthy . everything has been good so far. dont want to mess up now i think im going to buy more seeds start a new mom. it is excellent smoke! you can taste it and smell it in your nose for about an hour after you smoke it.

Quote from Porcupine:

Gypsy Nirvana is the only company that has an "authorized" version of the original,an F-2 of Brothers Grimm(Soul)original C99.

No. I'm talking about Gypsy from Seed Boutique...............the same Gypsy of Seeds Direct. That ripped off people left and right. Maybe that was gefore your time.

He was selling them as regular ST#3s instead of giving them away as freebies when he was selling Breeder Steve's Spice of Life seeds.

Steve gave him the blemished seeds to give away, instead his house breeders were knocking them off and selling them for the real deals.

Now anyway you look at it thats wrong...........

That is not a quote from me!

This is it...........isn't it?

Sorry, you are right. My mistake. That particular line was taken from a description in a published article by Soul. I added "authorized" because Soul himself endorsed Gypsy Nirvana and said himself in the article that C-99 F-2's are available in the Gypsy Nirvana Collection at www.seedsdirect.to/.

They are not available there anymore but are available at: http://www.seedboutique.com

Speaking of Greenthumbs. Dman made a cross of Green's Endless Sky and crossed it with Cindy99....called it Morning Dew. If you get a chance, try it. Good Times IJ :D

I can only imagine it, as those are both top notch strains. Sounds like a nice balance between Sativa and Indica.

I have a hard time believing that Soul gave Gypsy authorization to knock off Cinderella99. Soul hates Gypsy, he accused Gypsy of running Bro Grimm knock offs long before Bro Grimm threw in the towell. Just like he did to breeder Steve and others.

If I was going to get C99 knock off's I'd go to Joey Weed. I will say this again though, I've grown out 3 packs of Original Bro Grimm C99 seeds and have tasted many C99 F2's. None of the C99 F2's could hold a light to the Original real deal C99. Soul bred C99 that way on purpose. He back crossed Princess 3 times to make C99. That took her to the end of the road so to speak. C88 which was the precursor to C99 was more potent than C99. When that happened Soul knew that inbreeding C99 would produce an inferior plant compared to the real C99.

Original Cinderella 99 is one of the best strains to hit the cannabis grow culture. She's been used in countless crosses and breeding projects. She's best used to make crosses, they shine way better than her "F2" knock off offspring.

Since we are in the Dr. Greenthumb Seeds topic and we are discussing original Brothers Grim C-99 , here is a cut and paste from the High Times Top 10 Strains of 2009 article written by Kyle Kushman:gallery_6229_121_4234.jpg

C-99

Dr. Greenthumb

The legendary Cinderella 99, known as “the Cindy” for short, is once again available in seed form for anyone to experience. The Doc tells me that his “C-99/Cinderella is a selection from the most potent we’ve ever found in our tests with original Cinderella F1 seeds and their progeny. No C-99 we have tested has even come close to the resin production and high THC content on this special plant.” The terpene profile gives it a lime-pineapple smell with plenty of back end. Even though it’s slightly on the sativa side, C-99 still yields exceptionally well, especially outdoors. Give Cindy a ride – you won’t be disappointed.

Flowering time: 8 to 9 weeks

This is about as authentic as you can get, especially if you have a nice Brothers Grim F-1 male like Tricloud and some lucky others. She is looking very tempting. I think I'm going to have to give her a ride! lol :)

The Doc's C-99 is on my radar for sure. Other strains I am interested in are Trainwreck, Matanuska Thunderfuck, Bubba Kush Katsu Cut, OG Kush and Chemdawg #4. I hope these seeds will be around for a while because I have prior commitments to Grapefruit Diesel, Free Leonard, Sour Bubble and Burmese x Haze.

The Doc's C-99 is on my radar for sure. Other strains I am interested in are Trainwreck, Matanuska Thunderfuck, Bubba Kush Katsu Cut, OG Kush and Chemdawg #4. I hope these seeds will be around for a while because I have prior commitments to Grapefruit Diesel, Free Leonard, Sour Bubble and Burmese x Haze.

I've run, and currently have his Bubba Kush and Matanuska Thunderfuck, and both are incredible. I just started running the Chemdawg#4 about a month ago so I can't make an honest opinion on it yet. If it's like any of his other elite's, then I've got nothing to worry about. I'll eventually get a report with pictures up on the Bubba Kush and Matanuska Thunderfuck when they are cycled into my rotation. I had, and ran his Original Cheese but lost my mother a while back :( . Needless to say, it met my expectations and more.