Dr. Greenthumb Seeds

• 1 year later...

what up everyone. i have been slinging pollen over the last few years with some educated guessing and extreme environmental control. i have come up with a few things that are worth while. im looking to expand my practices and move on to CBD dominant strains but i am having trouble finding the right male.. any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Not all autoflowers are the same. Indoors we don't see any real advantage to doing this plant. Iranian Autoflower is indeed an autoflower though and outdoors will flower in May, June, July, so can be relaibly harvested in June, July August and beyond; about 90 days start to finish, with a respectable 4-8 ounces yield and second-to-none potency.

pot size please?  5 gals?  8 g;ls?

i ordered 20 IAF yest.

the firt clone came off the mom from seed 15months ago there has been several cuts used as a mom since longest one grew was 6 months before over growing the room and small 1oo watt light.fresh cut clones still in veg and healthy . everything has been good so far. dont want to mess up now i think im going to buy more seeds start a new mom. it is excellent smoke! you can taste it and smell it in your nose for about an hour after you smoke it.

how strong is the aroma in a an outdoor grow of IAF?

I have a hard time believing that Soul gave Gypsy authorization to knock off Cinderella99. Soul hates Gypsy, he accused Gypsy of running Bro Grimm knock offs long before Bro Grimm threw in the towell. Just like he did to breeder Steve and others.

If I was going to get C99 knock off's I'd go to Joey Weed. I will say this again though, I've grown out 3 packs of Original Bro Grimm C99 seeds and have tasted many C99 F2's. None of the C99 F2's could hold a light to the Original real deal C99. Soul bred C99 that way on purpose. He back crossed Princess 3 times to make C99. That took her to the end of the road so to speak. C88 which was the precursor to C99 was more potent than C99. When that happened Soul knew that inbreeding C99 would produce an inferior plant compared to the real C99.

Original Cinderella 99 is one of the best strains to hit the cannabis grow culture. She's been used in countless crosses and breeding projects. She's best used to make crosses, they shine way better than her "F2" knock off offspring.

Joey Weed is out of biz dude.  And for THE RECORD JOEY WEED haD the BEST "APOLLO KNOCK OFF" REMIX  HIS BLUE APOLLO HYBRID WAS A GINORMOUS YIELDING CRYPTO...DIPTO CHRONIC APOLLO.. LOL

ANOTHER TIDBIT...EVERYTHING IS INTER-MINGLED THESE DAYS....NOTHING IS PURE....WELL IT IS HARD TO FIND PUREBLOOD ANYTHING....UNLESS YOUR A 400 YEAR OLD VAMPIRE..!!  HAHA

Edited by motorcitymeds

• 3 weeks later...

People that knock off other people varieties, are just that, Knockoffs.

Why do you think they do it? To help others to get something they may want? Or to save time and put out seeds quickly, with names that the uninformed will buy so they can make more profits?

Seed Companies can scour the earth looking for varieties to work with and incorporate into their own work, pure or hybrid. Or they can use other peoples improved work to save time, or they can just use elite clones to make simple F1 hybrids that are all female and only take months to make and sell. Most "breeders" are in fact just seed makers, without other peoples work to use they would be lost. I really have nothing against all female seeds, if well made, I do have no respect for seed hackers that use it because it is the fastest way to make knockoffs.

People that buy seed knockoffs are basically enablers, the same as people that buy knocked off DVD's from the Mafia, they have zero respect for the original person that did the work, named the variety, and deserve any profits from that work.

It is no harder today then 50 years ago to spend the time and money to go to a third world country and find seeds to start a real breeding program, most people just can't be bothered when it is easier and faster to take someone elses work and get fast results and profits.

That is what most seed makers care about how, long it takes to get the money.

Most growers will just choose the latest OG X KUSH X HAZE that has the name in fashion at the moment.

And anyone that thinks $10-20 bucks a seed is cheap, needs to realize that while an ounce of weed has fallen in price over the last decade, seeds have not. An ounce of seeds can have 1500-2500 seeds, that is $15,000 to $50,000 for an ounce of Cannabis seeds, what a rip......

Any seed seller that thinks he is doing you a favor by selling seeds for $10 a pop, needs to take a look in the mirror and see whom the advantage is for, himself...

I know that the seed businesses has helped many find what they were looking for, but remember why they did it.

I do not mean all, I do mean the folks out there selling seeds for more then $10,000 an ounce.

Before someone jumps up and says well, using varieties from 3rd world Cannabis cultures is also stealing from them I would say from whom? Which of the thousands of farmers in a given Cannabis area, over hundreds of years of cultivation in the area? The real difference is it is not a single persons work it is the collective work done by thousands over hundreds of years, there is no way to ask permissions or give back to the breeder. I guess you could build a school in the area for Cannabis farmers children to use, maybe?

As for Auto varieties, breeders love them because most can not be cloned, so the grower must buy more seeds for the next and every crop. And they can charge more for all Female Auto varieties seeds.

Funny how seed makers will knock off anything they like and sell it under the original names and then get pissed when someone uses "their" seed names or their seed company name, I guess they do not see the hypocrisy. I do.

hempsci

Were you growing a lot of feminized beans?

Consistent abnormal male and hermies counts are a sign of stress. Could it be that you aren't stressing your plants as much now days?

I wouldn't blame bad male counts and hermies on attitude either, they aren't the folks who bred the seeds you are complaining about. They are just a vendor who carries many breeders seeds. If they got the seeds you asked for to you in a timely manor they did a good job.

I don't care what anybody says, feminized seeds aren't very stable and beginner growers tend to stress plants a bit. They aren't for beginners in my book. Really the best thing to do is find a bullet proof easy to grow clone to start out with. Stay clear of anything that came from feminized stock or notorious unstable plants like trainwreck.

If you think that all female seeds have more intersex problems, you are wrong, it is just because they used parents with intersex traits. The exact same thing happens with a normal male/female cross, use intersex plants as the mother or father and you will have progeny with intersex problems, it is that simple. Stress tests them before using them as parents.

If you had a real grasp of Cannabis breeding you would understand. What do you mean by feminized seeds are not stable? I have made hundreds and never find a intersex plant when I spend the time to first confirm the plants to be used for breeding the all female seeds are not intersex before I use them. I do not sell all female seeds, but was working with them more then two decades ago for a breeding project I was doing. Intersex plants are from intersex plants, not from a female being transformed into a pollen source, that does not magically add intersex genes or traits into the genome.

hempsci

Edited by hempsci

I see on the Dr. Greenthumbs Seeds site the company is for sale. What will that mean, that anyone with enough money can buy all the genetics and any good will? And then do what they like as the new owner? I suspect the new owner, if there is one, will have less respect to the seed buyers then the good ol Doc......

Maybe in a few years a big agro company with deep pockets will buy all the present seed companies, I bet they will after Cannabis and Cannabis seeds are really 100% legal. Cannabis seeds sell for much more then just about any other kind of seeds, why wouldn't they? Maybe if the profits were not so big they would not be so interested, but to most Cannabis seed companies with a focus on $ that will not happen, they will not cut prices until forced to by competition, good old supply and demand will force that in the future when legal.

hempsci

Edited by hempsci

I see on the Dr. Greenthumbs Seeds site the company is for sale. What will that mean, that anyone with enough money can buy all the genetics and any good will? 

hempsci

a stellar operation, greenthumbs, but if he sells it likely will be a l-o-n-g wait and search for the r-i-g-h-t buyer just like looking for a great new strain.......there is someone out there with the talent, drive and vision to enlarge and continue his vision, but for the doc to have been in biz 15 years and to not have located a successor internally from those working for him is sad and so typical of biz's. so few survive the transition to new owner, operator, genius/flash visionary....for a seller it is so much more personally satisfying to do a sale to such an unusual successor person...but to find them? and when you do they don't have any money. never, any, money--just like you started out--they are broke.  so if you go with that right person you bind yourself to 5 years of financing the biz.

so the satisfying way, the hard way, as far as seeing your baby develop further and go on to be more than you imagined possible, does not get you the potful of bux you get when you just go for the $ and walk and never think of it again--who cares what the buyer does with it?  you got your bux.

finding the right successor begins 5 years ahead if you're willing to finance the sale to that right internal candidate.

• 3 weeks later...