G13 Plant

I have a G13 plant been flowering for sometime now, I let it seed out< I pollenated it for seeds> The seeds are hard, so is the rest done then?

.....May sound dumb, first plant I made seed, thanx for the advice.

You have to dry the seeds out too. I'm a newb on seed making also, but I just let the bud dry out a few days, pick out the seeds and throw them in a pan of rice. I let em sit in the rice for like a week and then stored them away. There's prolly better methods though, but I had good germination. :blink:

I have a G13 plant been flowering for sometime now, I let it seed out< I pollenated it for seeds> The seeds are hard, so is the rest done then?

.....May sound dumb, first plant I made seed, thanx for the advice.

$12 at radioshack. 60x-100x microscope. check trich color.

I don't mean to be rude but no you don't

I do believe you are right. From what I've been told through a reputable source and backed up by another is that there are only two or three breeders on this planet that posses the real G-13. Do not take my word on this as an absolute fact as G-13 is one of those legendary strains and I have been taught not to believe much of anything unless you see it for yourself. I don't usually believe stuff like that but it was pretty convincing when this particular source was backed up by another reputable source. Coincedence, quite possible.

No, As a matter a fact, I got it from a reputable source, it IS a very old strain, Its been in someones closet for umteen years, and I got a clone given to me., As is why I tried to breed it, ....It is true G13,a longer grow, but its worth the wait., ...Now do I have to let the seeds dry?.. for how long?., they wont germinate right away?...

No, As a matter a fact, I got it from a reputable source, it IS a very old strain, Its been in someones closet for umteen years, and I got a clone given to me., As is why I tried to breed it, ....It is true G13,a longer grow, but its worth the wait., ...Now do I have to let the seeds dry?.. for how long?., they wont germinate right away?...

Let them dry at least one to two weeks. It is possible to germinate right away but you will have a better success rate if dried. If you have a lot of seeds then experiment with a couple. If you only have a few then let them dry for a little bit(3-4 weeks would be ideal). Not saying you don't have the real G-13 but what most people have called G-13 over the decades is not the true G-13. If it was represented as the Airborn cut or the Pacifica cut it is probably not the real G-13(these are the cuts of G-13 that go around on the west coast). Remember G-13 is a legend and NOBODY knows for sure what they have. If you truly believe your source's info then go ahead and represent it as G-13 but be aware most people who've been around the block will always have a doubt.

Let them dry at least one to two weeks. It is possible to germinate right away but you will have a better success rate if dried. If you have a lot of seeds then experiment with a couple. If you only have a few then let them dry for a little bit(3-4 weeks would be ideal). Not saying you don't have the real G-13 but what most people have called G-13 over the decades is not the true G-13. If it was represented as the Airborn cut or the Pacifica cut it is probably not the real G-13(these are the cuts of G-13 that go around on the west coast). Remember G-13 is a legend and NOBODY knows for sure what they have. If you truly believe your source's info then go ahead and represent it as G-13 but be aware most people who've been around the block will always have a doubt.

good answer.

a pic would be nice to let us see for ourselves huh? :D :D :D that plant could be a legend???? share it man!! let us see it!!

good answer.

a pic would be nice to let us see for ourselves huh? :D :D :D that plant could be a legend???? share it man!! let us see it!

It is my second secussfull crop with it., I would be interested in selling a few clones if someone would like an awesome strain to work with..

post-13512-12728593835153_thumb.jpg

A pretty reliable way to tell if anyone has the "true" G-13 is to cross it with another strain. If the cross results in a significant increase in the yeild then you can be pretty sure you have the "real" G-13. Just imagine a cross between a really good form of Big Bud and G-13!

I heard along time ago that g-13 was actually a mexican strain that mel frank sent to the government grow as an example of the "strongest cannabis he had seen". Then just a few weeks ago I came across this interview... (g-13 talk at end of second video and begining of third)

Here he kind of kills that rumor (but maybe not), and also the rumor that g-13 might be from the government grow in the first place. WORTH WATCHING WHOLE INTERVIEW 1-4!! One of the greats!!

A pretty reliable way to tell if anyone has the "true" G-13 is to cross it with another strain. If the cross results in a significant increase in the yeild then you can be pretty sure you have the "real" G-13. Just imagine a cross between a really good form of Big Bud and G-13!

Well sounds good, you got the Big Bud ?

some fun info. i found googling.

G-13 is an extremely strong (i.e. very mind altering) strain of cannabis that is the subject of many urban legends

Fact: This strain (originally a single clone) was probably of Afghani origin, and provided a very potent smoke.

Fiction: According to one fanciful account, the CIA, FBI, and other agencies procured the best strains of marijuana from breeders all over the world. At an installation at the University of Mississippi, they bred many new hybrids. Putting these together, they created a strain that was more powerfully intoxicating than any of the original hybrids.

Fact: Although Cannabis researchers at "Ole Miss" assembled a world class Cannabis collection during the late 1960s and early 1970s, there is no evidence that these researchers were ever involved in breeding high quality marijuana.[1] The standard drug strain that is available to qualified researchers in the U.S.A. was originally from Mexico.

Fiction: Apocryphally, G-13 contains 28% THC by weight, about double the average percentage in most high-grade sinsemilla grown commercially. It has been claimed that some strains of marijuana grown in Amsterdam have met or surpassed this percentage, but accurate, verified results have not been produced. Also, no other species of the plant seems to have quite the consistancy of such high THC content.

Fact: Cannabis researchers identify G-13 as an Afghani "indica" (or 'Afghanica') cultivar, high in THC (though not as high as the 'apocryphal' estimate above).

Reports of THC/cannabinoid content exceeding 20% are invariably from sellers of Cannabis or Cannabis seeds, or from anti-Cannabis crusaders.

Reliable testing has placed the most potent examples of Cannabis plant matter ever tested at around 18% or 19% (based on Dutch government testing of medicinal grade Cannabis)

Unsubstantiated Rumors: Allegedly, a single cutting of this potent strain was "liberated" from the government facility in Mississippi. Other rumors say G-13 was developed by the university of Washington Cannabis testing facility for medical testing during the 1970s, but this too has not been verified.

In the early 90's, the name G-13 was said to have come from the number of [backcross] generations it took to produce an almost perfect plant - however, this view has absolutely no basis in reality.

The name G-13 is was derived from the term Government Marijuana, the 13 used as M is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet.

The most common story about the naming of G-13 is that it was stolen from 'grow-room 13' and simply retained its lab ID code.

Another fantasy-based rumour is that the name 'G-13' derives from the 'genotype' having been created to express 'the 13 most desirable qualities'. Again, this is just idle (and poorly thought out) rumour.

Some seed banks (which are very unlikely to have genetic material from the original clone) describe this strain as the highest THC content ever. Other seed banks that are known to have actually worked with the clone since the mid-Eighties describe it as one of the strongest "indicas" ever discovered.

G-13 in the Movies

G-13 x White Widow hybrid

The G-13 strain was featured in the film American Beauty. In the film, a young dealer named Ricky Fitts (Wes Bentley) hands a bag of what looks to be about an eighth (1/8 of an ounce, commonly 3.5 grams) to Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) and says, "This bunny muffin is top of the line. It's called G-13. It's genetically engineered by the U.S. Government. It's extremely potent, but a completely mellow high. No paranoia." He then charges him $2,000. This line is likely responsible for a boost in the strain's popularity.

However, the actual dollar value of G-13 (non hybrid) ranges from $20.00-$25.00 for a single gram, equalling about $60.00-$85.00 for an eighth of an ounce.

The High

G13 gives a high unlike any other cannabis strain available. The onset is almost immediate, with noticeable effects occurring within the first five minutes. Most users who have never had the chance to indulge in this strain are awe-struck when they first experience it. While most cannabis strains will have a "peak," in which the high starts to wear off, this does not occur with G-13 (in a manner of speaking). Some people have described G-13 to be "an elevator that never reaches the top floor," meaning the high keeps going up, and up, and up and does not stop. Many users also report a great euphoria as well.

some fun info. i found googling.

G-13 is an extremely strong (i.e. very mind altering) strain of cannabis that is the subject of many urban legends

Fact: This strain (originally a single clone) was probably of Afghani origin, and provided a very potent smoke.

Fiction: According to one fanciful account, the CIA, FBI, and other agencies procured the best strains of marijuana from breeders all over the world. At an installation at the University of Mississippi, they bred many new hybrids. Putting these together, they created a strain that was more powerfully intoxicating than any of the original hybrids.

Fact: Although Cannabis researchers at "Ole Miss" assembled a world class Cannabis collection during the late 1960s and early 1970s, there is no evidence that these researchers were ever involved in breeding high quality marijuana.[1] The standard drug strain that is available to qualified researchers in the U.S.A. was originally from Mexico.

Fiction: Apocryphally, G-13 contains 28% THC by weight, about double the average percentage in most high-grade sinsemilla grown commercially. It has been claimed that some strains of marijuana grown in Amsterdam have met or surpassed this percentage, but accurate, verified results have not been produced. Also, no other species of the plant seems to have quite the consistancy of such high THC content.

Fact: Cannabis researchers identify G-13 as an Afghani "indica" (or 'Afghanica') cultivar, high in THC (though not as high as the 'apocryphal' estimate above).

Reports of THC/cannabinoid content exceeding 20% are invariably from sellers of Cannabis or Cannabis seeds, or from anti-Cannabis crusaders.

Reliable testing has placed the most potent examples of Cannabis plant matter ever tested at around 18% or 19% (based on Dutch government testing of medicinal grade Cannabis)

Unsubstantiated Rumors: Allegedly, a single cutting of this potent strain was "liberated" from the government facility in Mississippi. Other rumors say G-13 was developed by the university of Washington Cannabis testing facility for medical testing during the 1970s, but this too has not been verified.

In the early 90's, the name G-13 was said to have come from the number of [backcross] generations it took to produce an almost perfect plant - however, this view has absolutely no basis in reality.

The name G-13 is was derived from the term Government Marijuana, the 13 used as M is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet.

The most common story about the naming of G-13 is that it was stolen from 'grow-room 13' and simply retained its lab ID code.

Another fantasy-based rumour is that the name 'G-13' derives from the 'genotype' having been created to express 'the 13 most desirable qualities'. Again, this is just idle (and poorly thought out) rumour.

Some seed banks (which are very unlikely to have genetic material from the original clone) describe this strain as the highest THC content ever. Other seed banks that are known to have actually worked with the clone since the mid-Eighties describe it as one of the strongest "indicas" ever discovered.

G-13 in the Movies

G-13 x White Widow hybrid

The G-13 strain was featured in the film American Beauty. In the film, a young dealer named Ricky Fitts (Wes Bentley) hands a bag of what looks to be about an eighth (1/8 of an ounce, commonly 3.5 grams) to Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) and says, "This bunny muffin is top of the line. It's called G-13. It's genetically engineered by the U.S. Government. It's extremely potent, but a completely mellow high. No paranoia." He then charges him $2,000. This line is likely responsible for a boost in the strain's popularity.

However, the actual dollar value of G-13 (non hybrid) ranges from $20.00-$25.00 for a single gram, equalling about $60.00-$85.00 for an eighth of an ounce.

The High

G13 gives a high unlike any other cannabis strain available. The onset is almost immediate, with noticeable effects occurring within the first five minutes. Most users who have never had the chance to indulge in this strain are awe-struck when they first experience it. While most cannabis strains will have a "peak," in which the high starts to wear off, this does not occur with G-13 (in a manner of speaking). Some people have described G-13 to be "an elevator that never reaches the top floor," meaning the high keeps going up, and up, and up and does not stop. Many users also report a great euphoria as well.

really good info... but I hate to say it... this guy doesn't have g-13 or anything even close to it. I'm sorry I just get fed up with people saying things like that.

G 13 - (crazy price)

So these obviously ARE NOT the real G 13?

Nope if anything its a G13 crossed with a haze. May have true G13 in its genes, still not G13. As well as 90% of the G13's are crosses.. Soma had a G13 haze and even said himself it isn't the same thing, but it is a close 2nd to the original, and crossed it with just about every plant he could.

My G-13(Soma)x Martian Mean Green was the best bud I ever experienced. This discussion regarding what is the real G-13 has made for some real interesting stories I have come across in the past. As it is true what has been mentioned here, G-13 has had many, many, many spin-offs.

SO YES, it's hard to say what is the real deal. The only way of knowing is trying a few "spin-offs" and wait and see what happens. My strain was given to me by Don and Aaron back in early spring 08 when I went to Amsterdam. I was fortunate to be around when they were, it was a very coooooool experience to say the least. One of the experimental grows they were working on at the time was G-13(Soma)x Martian Mean Green with a new exciting G13 pheno from Soma (DNA always trying to find a more suitable G13 parent for this flagship strain). I was fortunate to have them enjoy our company and conversation to be given this "in the works" G13 upgrade strain. Why they gave it to me is a longer conversation regarding their philosophy of genetic potentials. Very cool and accommodating people at DNA, if ya get a chance to go there make sure you stop there. Does not mean there going to be there as I learned from a recent journey.

Back to the strain, it can be a VERY LONG FLOWERING strain and could start very late compared to most strains. In fact, I was not that all impressed with it in the vegetative stage. BUT LET IT BE KNOW, this one particular pheno strain turned into the most amazing strain during flowering I have ever worked with. Truly fantastic and with optimum conditions would prove BRILLIANT.

Though it can be said there was slight instability with the phenos as a group. Some of her siblings turned out to be very nice as well but seemed to carry slightly more indica perhaps from the Sharksbreath.

Fun strain to work with if you have the patience (just cross your fingers you get the BRILLIANT pheno). Next time I come across a beauty like that she is turning into a clone mother for sure!!! :D

really good info... but I hate to say it... this guy doesn't have g-13 or anything even close to it. I'm sorry I just get fed up with people saying things like that.

...And I'm Sure you know what everyon else in this world has or don't have.....Sure wish I knew everything too :blink:

if you can prove that you have the actual g-13 I will pay every member of this board 1 million dollars

:D

i wont hold my breath.

but seriously, before this gets out of hand, it doesn't matter, and nobody can prove anything unfortunately. i mean REALLY... NOBODY can prove ANYTHING. i having been growing white widow for 13 years now. i will swear on my kids' lives that i have THE White Widow strain..... not a "knock-off" (i really truly do), but it doesn't matter..... i can't prove it. i have it and I KNOW i do..... but i can't prove it. on the other hand, that's why i don't advertise that i have it....... because i would find myself wasting precious life defending what I KNOW to be true............ for no real reason at all.

maybe he has it, maybe he doesn't. to be honest, the chances of it being REALLY REAL are about one in a million............ but somebody DOES hit the lotto for millions of dollars every single day too.

HEY, I GUESS ONE CAN LEARN A LOT...WHO'DA THOUGHT YOU COULD CAUSE SO MUCH CONTRAVERSY JUST ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION., REGARDLESS WHAT THE STRAIN., IT'S THE INFORMATION I WAS LOOKING FOR, NOT ANY B.S.,

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS THO, I KNOW I JUST WILL REALLY WATCH HOW I ASK.

:blink:

HEY, I GUESS ONE CAN LEARN A LOT...WHO'DA THOUGHT YOU COULD CAUSE SO MUCH CONTRAVERSY JUST ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION., REGARDLESS WHAT THE STRAIN., IT'S THE INFORMATION I WAS LOOKING FOR, NOT ANY B.S.,

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS THO, I KNOW I JUST WILL REALLY WATCH HOW I ASK.

:blink:

It's not because of the way you asked it's just that G-13 is one of those strains that have legendary unknown origins and it will always cause a controversy regardless of what forum you are using. I'm sure none of the comments made were personal, just that some people have very strong opinions on the strain. Like I said, if you truly believe your source then represent it as G-13 and pay no attention to anyone else's opinion as the strain is a legend and we will NEVER know who has the "true G-13". It's all good!

Archived