Marijuana Magyver Club

lkline300

There has been alot of talk about curing & drying. In my humble opinion curing is where the dank comes from. Yes you need good genetics to get there. We don't add anything by curing properly we are just destroying less of the good taste & potency by doing it right.

My problem was where to do this. I have gran kids in the house so I needed a secure place but still wanted to provide the best environment I could. I came up with this cabnet. I keep it in the basement, (low humidity & around 63 degrees). I did the whole thing for around $30 but could be done for less or nothing if your a scrounger like me.

First I went to my lumber yard & had them rip a 4x4 sheet of plywood into 12" x 4' pieces.

I cut 13" off each piece for bottom, top & shelf.

I used molding( most any type will work) to make the frames for the screen shelves & cleats for the shelves to rest on.

I put small dowels in the front egde of the top facing forward with corresponding holes in the top back of the door so when the front door is shut the top will be locked down. added a hasp to secure the whole unit.

There is a computer fan in the back up high with 2 filtered vent below on each side. The computer fan will operate with an ac adapter or battery's.

I had some Castor wheels that I put on the bottom.

Since i took the pics I added a mirror on the top shelf to catch the trics when I trim.

If I had it to do again I would have made it a little bigger as I can only fit 2-3 plants in here comfortably.

We spend alot of time & effort into growing our medicine, this step is just as, or maybe even more important.

The danker the better.........................................Have a Great day everyone.................................................

post-988-1272819925557_thumb.jpg

post-988-12728199433844_thumb.jpg

Liked the phrase coined by Kingdiamond "Marijuana Magyver Club"

If enough interest, maybe this could be a subforum of its own.

Yea, content needed, maybe a benevolent mod would move a few projects to this thread if we members would point to them.

Uhhh, Uhhh, right there! :P

Such as the drying cabinet thread by Ikline300:

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/18542-drying-cabnet/page__pid__160885__st__0entry160885

There has been alot of talk about curing & drying. In my humble opinion curing is where the dank comes from. Yes you need good genetics to get there. We don't add anything by curing properly we are just destroying less of the good taste & potency by doing it right.

My problem was where to do this. I have gran kids in the house so I needed a secure place but still wanted to provide the best environment I could. I came up with this cabnet. I keep it in the basement, (low humidity & around 63 degrees). I did the whole thing for around $30 but could be done for less or nothing if your a scrounger like me.

First I went to my lumber yard & had them rip a 4x4 sheet of plywood into 12" x 4' pieces.

I used molding( most any type will work) to make the frames for the screen shelves & cleats for the shelves to rest on.

I put small dowels in the front egde of the top facing forward with corresponding holes in the top back of the door so when the front door is shut the top will be locked down. added a hasp to secure the whole unit.

There is a computer fan in the back up high with 2 filtered vent below on each side. The computer fan will operate with an ac adapter or battery's.

Since i took the pics I added a mirror on the top shelf to catch the trics when I trim.

If I had it to do again I would have made it a little bigger as I can only fit 2-3 plants in here comfortably.

We spend alot of time & effort into growing our medicine, this step is just as, or maybe even more important.

The danker the better.........................................Have a Great day everyone.................................................

Perfect DIY for the first post in the marijuana magyver thread boy i sure could use that cabinet about right now my plants seem to be taking forever air drying .

OK heres my new project im looking at converting a window airconditioning unit into a portable unit that i can vent out a window of my basement im drawing up the plans now ill keep everyone updated. ;)

Not trying to take anything away from anybody, I just frequent here and figure alot of you may enjoy some of this forums DIY stuff. 90% of the forum is mislead information so don't buy much of anything you read on there however there are alot of hidden gems amongst this sub-forum.

http://www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/

So your saying we dont have any ideas as good as the rollitup forums ?

I have to very strongly disagree with that statement .

So your saying we dont have any ideas as good as the rollitup forums ?

I have to very strongly disagree with that statement .

Where did I say that?

As far as answering your question nope, that was my worry about posting that and the whole reason I attempted to CMA on doing so, I knew somebody would take it out of context and or put words in my mouth. Simply trying to help with other DIY projects and ideas that have already been covered.

Now if you're done putting words in my mouth I'll try and restate my statement.

Not trying to take anything away from anybody, I just frequent here and figure alot of you may enjoy some of this forums DIY stuff. 90% of the forum is mislead information so don't buy much of anything you read on there however there are alot of hidden gems amongst this sub-forum.

Also you'll probably see that I said 90% of the forum is mislead information, If you thought I was refering to MMMA I wasn't, I mean RIU is mostly mislead info not here...

Homemade Carbon Air Filter

Items Needed :

5 Gallon bucket w/ top

Vent Flange

Hepa Filter (Furnace size)

Caulk

Activated Carbon

Drill a dozen or more 1/2 inch holes in bottom of bucket. Cut hole in bucket top to fit vent flange. Caulk flange to bucket top. Cut out Hepa filter to fit bottom of bucket. Fill bucket half full of Activated Carbon.

If you thought I was refering to MMMA I wasn't, I mean RIU is mostly mislead info not here...

Thats exactly what i thought i read my bad . ;)

Rollitup.org is a pretty kool site ive read through a ton of diy threads there when i first started out also 420.com has a huge base of knowledge from all over the world and a great photo forum too .

Thats exactly what i thought i read my bad . ;)

Rollitup.org is a pretty kool site ive read through a ton of diy threads there when i first started out also 420.com has a huge base of knowledge from all over the world and a great photo forum too .

Ok well I apologize for lashing out. After re-reading my post I had to add that in as an edit because I was thinking to myself "doh!" I see why he said what he said now.

Homemade Carbon Air Filter

Items Needed :

5 Gallon bucket w/ top

Vent Flange

Hepa Filter (Furnace size)

Caulk

Activated Carbon

Drill a dozen or more 1/2 inch holes in bottom of bucket. Cut hole in bucket top to fit vent flange. Caulk flange to bucket top. Cut out Hepa filter to fit bottom of bucket. Fill bucket half full of Activated Carbon.

An Alternate way of building one.

Supplies

Hardware store supplies

Gardners mesh,

8" to 6" reducer duct

8" duct cap

pet store supplies

10-20lbs of activated carbon.

Take the Gardners mesh and make a round tube the diameter of the inside of the duct reducer (6") and a put 2 nylon leggings over this. Sometimes it helps to use zip ties or garbage ties to secure the mesh. Next do the same thing to the 8" diameter. Fill the middle between the 8" and 6" section with all the activated carbon and put a old blanket or something around it if you want to restrict the air flow a bit which will increase the pressure inside.

Poor Man's Dry Box

Find a large cardboard box. Punch a dozen holes in each side. Run a string across the inside of the box. Make sure the string gives you enough room to hang your crop. Place the box near a air source, i.e. fan, window. Larger the box, the more string u can have. Hey, its cheap, easy to set up and does the job. what more do you need? :) PEACE

i was in the exact same situation and here is what i came up with total spent was 100$ ,love the diy bit ,i'll be here alot, by the way what can you do with a pine cone ,chewing gum ,and a no.2 pencil magyver.

i am new to the computer so please mind my barging in your post ,this is what i came up with cost was around 100$

i love the magyver theme ,diy all the way

No way dude this is exactly the right place for your post. That is nice. plenty of room...........

nice job...................

BUBBLEGROWERS 2 PLANT "ON A BUDGET?" BUBBLETOTE FOR UNDER $30 COMPLETE

ok follks, here we go. simple to build, simple to operate, and VERY cheap to set-up. let's start with the parts. everything is from either meijer or wal-mart. if you click on each part, there will be a link to the EXACT same item i am using in this application. the only things not avaliable at meijer/wal-mart are a couple 5" net pots and some hydroton clay pebbles. you can pick those up at your local hydro store or online.

PARTS:

10-gallon Sterilte storage tote. the link is for a bulk purchase, but they are $3.49/each in the store. wal-mart.

20-60 gallon aquarium air pump. $8.99 in store. wal-mart.

meijer seems to have a janky online spread, and i can't find these items online, but they have these 2 items in the pet/fish dept. the air stones are $2.29 and 25ft of air line was $2.89 i believe.

med_gallery_13801_60_236170.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_228529.jpg

and then as was stated, you will need to pick up two 5" net pots ($2.00) and a small bag of hydroton clay pebbles ($5) at the local hydro store.

so here is what our mess is looking like so far:

med_gallery_13801_60_96598.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_405369.jpg

let's start with the hardest part first. the holes in the lid of the tote. and folks, it aint hard at all. ok, when using a 5" net pot, you want your hole to be about 4 3/4". we don't need the net pot falling through into the water/nutes below. i would recommend practicing real quick on a piece of cardboard before you actually cut the lid. just to be sure everything fits before you mess up a brand new tote. ok, 4 3/4" hole. you know what you have laying around the house that is perfectly 4 3/4" in diamater?

med_gallery_13801_60_391096.jpg

yup, a compact disc. ready-made template for your holes. now this isnt rocket science, just eyeball out a couple holes on the lid and trace the cd with a marker.

med_gallery_13801_60_58881.jpg

don't have a 4 3/4" hole saw? neither do i, a razor knife works fine. take your time, "score" the plastic a few times around..... you probably won't get it to just cut right out. but remember, this is by far the hardest part of the whole process, so concentrate on not slicing your fingers off, and when you get done, you have this:

med_gallery_13801_60_117951.jpg

hard part is over. i swear. ok, next step. we do need 2 more holes in our bubbletote, but they are kinda already there for us. in the model of sterilite brand tote i used here, there are pre-drilled drain holes in the handles:

med_gallery_13801_60_229681.jpg

but these holes aren't quite big enough to slip our aquarium air line through so we need to make them just a touch larger. sneak into the kitchen (hopefully the wife is on the couch and mesmorized by the new episode of Gray's Anatomy) and snag a steak knife. just kinda stick the tip in the hole and twist it around a few times.

med_gallery_13801_60_294395.jpg

ok, do both sides:

med_gallery_13801_60_112945.jpg

awesome. now we are getting somewhere. next cut off a section of air line..... 5 feet or so is good. i like to have enough excess air line that i can move my air pump well out of the way. run the air line through the hole you just widened:

med_gallery_13801_60_284026.jpg

and then attach one of your 6" air stones from meijer. i like these particular stones because they are fairly heavy and will stay on the bottom without help.

med_gallery_13801_60_1392.jpg

and then connect the other end of the air line to your new air pump.

med_gallery_13801_60_171249.jpg

and repeat the same process using the other hole/air stone and plug it into the other outlet on your air pump.

med_gallery_13801_60_350479.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_216794.jpg

holy smokes folks........ i think we are on to something now :D let's fill this bad boy machine with some water now.

med_gallery_13801_60_194648.jpg

ok, this is kind of critical for down the road. i fill one gallon containers and dump them in. measuring how much water i add to get to "my point". that point is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch below the net pot. if you keep the water level about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch below the bottom of the net pot, you have reached the sweet spot. the air stone in the bottom of the bubbletote will shoot air bubbles upwards through the water. when these bubbles reach the surface they pop. the goal is to find the perfect level to where the net pot is not sitting in the water, but actually the bubbles are popping on the surface and just getting the bottom of the net pot wet. once the bottom of the net pot gets wet, it will transfer that moisture to the bottom layer of hydroton pebbles. the pebbles then transfer the perfect amount of water/air between themselves and eventually to the rockwool cube. the cube will stay damp, but not "soaked".

once the roots form and grow through the rockwool cube, they will continue growing through the clay pebbles, and then through the sides of the net pot, and ultimately down to thrive in the nute/air filled goodness of the solution.

this is a good time to take one of your net pots out of the lid so you can peek inside and get the water level just right.

med_gallery_13801_60_284240.jpg

once you hit your spot, i draw a line on the side of the tote. on the inside. with a magic marker. you could also use a piece of tape or something. since i kept track of how much i added, i know it took me EXACTLY 6 gallons of water to hit the spot. that will help down the road after doing flushes. after flushing you can just re-fill to your line and add nutes accordingly for 6 gallons of water. ;) here's our line:

med_gallery_13801_60_328121.jpg

well hell....... let's plug this puppy in and see some bubbles.

bubblegrower likes:

med_gallery_13801_60_30690.jpg

ok. let's grow something. got your clones rooted? me either, so let's pretend for a minute:

med_gallery_13801_60_346759.jpg

ok, i start with a thin layer of clay pebbles on the bottom of the net pot:

med_gallery_13801_60_337131.jpg

then set the clone/rockwool in the net pot and cover the rest of the way with the hydroton pebbles:

med_gallery_13801_60_57575.jpg

and then repeat of course, and folks, you have a built yourself a bubbletote:

med_gallery_13801_60_88963.jpg

and soon, you will have this:

med_gallery_13801_60_851569.jpg

congrats!!

this system will maintain 2 plants all the way to harvest. occasionally, depending on strain/veg time, a plant may "outgrow" the tote. well, not really outgrow it, but with larger strains, after sometime you may want to move them to one plant/ tote. it is very simple to move plants if you have to. just pull out the net pot and all the roots, and put into another tote. if you grow mostly indica strains, you will have no problem with 2 plants in one tote all the way to the end. some sativas that get long and lanky may want the whole space to themselves...........

peace, love, and BIG happy grows:

med_gallery_13801_60_101089.jpg

Been looking for a way I can try to "grow in bubbles" lol. This may be it. I have always grown in dirt. This will be cool as I can just sit it in there with my other buckets......

Will be hitting you up for nute advice when I get the bucket done...............

thanks..............................

Been looking for a way I can try to "grow in bubbles" lol. This may be it. I have always grown in dirt. This will be cool as I can just sit it in there with my other buckets......

Will be hitting you up for nute advice when I get the bucket done...............

thanks..............................

you know i am ALWAYS here to help!! :D

when i get done with ya, you will be a bubblehead forever.