What If Your Life Is A Dream, And You Have Been In A Coma For The Past 10 Years

Wow, Isn't that a quandary..... to wake up... or not.....Hmmm..I guess if you were in this coma you wouldn't have any idea you were in that predicament. Can you even imagine waking up after ten years and find out you had a better life in your head.... Man, that has to be a heavy feeling. :huh:

Wow, Isn't that a quandary..... to wake up... or not.....Hmmm..I guess if you were in this coma you wouldn't have any idea you were in that predicament. Can you even imagine waking up after ten years and find out you had a better life in your head.... Man, that has to be a heavy feeling. :huh:

Yeah i kind of got thinking on that this morning. I was wondering what if i woke up, was like 15 again, and my whole adult life has been a dream . Wouldnt that just be far out?

Guest Medicinal Patient

There is a documentary out there about some dude who woke up from a coma after 19 years. He went into the coma right before his daughter was born and the documentary focuses on how when he awoke from his coma he was inappropriate towards her and no matter how many times people told him it was his daughter it didn't seem to register. He remembered his Mom and called out for her when he woke up. She dedicated her whole life caring for him for those 19 years. I will try an find the documentary vid.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Can't find a working video link. The docu was on Discovery Health Called- The man who slept for 19 years. Here is Terry Wallis and Fam.

bodyshock-s5e1-20090112111425-0_625x352.jpg

This article is of a dif man who knew what was going on around him but unable to communicate anything for 23 years. This article is a trip. It's horrible how he lived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1230092/Rom-Houben-Patient-trapped-23-year-coma-conscious-along.html

'I screamed, but there was nothing to hear': Man trapped in 23-year 'coma' reveals horror of being unable to tell doctors he was conscious'

article-1230092-07549081000005DC-573_468x286.jpg

oh my goodness that is some scary stuff.i can not imagine not being able to communicate to everyone that you know what's going on around you. can you imagine the things he herd becuase everyone thought he was asleep.that is so sad.I have a wondeful life with the best family in the world. so to answer the above question no i would not want to wake up.

I spent 2 months in a coma and that's still a difficult thing for me to answer. I had nightmares while unconscious and I am still trying to get them to correlate with what was really happening to me. In my dreams I was angry with my mother for putting me there but in reality she was by my side talking to me most of the time waiting for me to awake. If this is what it would be like to be in a coma longer I would then decide to chose neither. To live in a perpetual nightmare or wake up and not understand the full reality of what I have missed and misunderstood. This is a hard thing to cope with

I spent 2 months in a coma and that's still a difficult thing for me to answer. I had nightmares while unconscious and I am still trying to get them to correlate with what was really happening to me. In my dreams I was angry with my mother for putting me there but in reality she was by my side talking to me most of the time waiting for me to awake. If this is what it would be like to be in a coma longer I would then decide to chose neither. To live in a perpetual nightmare or wake up and not understand the full reality of what I have missed and misunderstood. This is a hard thing to cope with

Deep stuff. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived