Weather, Pain, And Supply

Yesterday, after some severe weekend storm and out-of-control pain i found myself at a local dispensary to get more meds. Funny thing is, the place is always loaded with product - but if the line out-the-door was any indication when i got there, they were almost sold out too.

luckily i did get some great indica. But in the future if I am running low prior to a bad outbreak of weather, i might just go ahead of the storm.

after today, we have 4 days of rain for se michigan :(

Yesterday, after some severe weekend storm and out-of-control pain i found myself at a local dispensary to get more meds. Funny thing is, the place is always loaded with product - but if the line out-the-door was any indication when i got there, they were almost sold out too.

luckily i did get some great indica. But in the future if I am running low prior to a bad outbreak of weather, i might just go ahead of the storm.

after today, we have 4 days of rain for se michigan :(

great info!! good to know!!

thanks for sharing!!

Storm Crow... interesting subject, weather related health issues.

On the low pressure/pain theory... as I was tracking Hurricane Wilma with my PEET Bros aviation barometer and as the eye of the hurricane passed directly through our back yard, as the instrument reached absolute zero, my 95 year old father, screaming in agony, exploded! But seriously, we experienced no pain. Why not? So the explanation for pain associated with low pressure systems, storms and such, is accurate, I believe, but doesn't the body also have a system for relieving pressure? Pressure valves. Just a thought.

Ever hear about so-called witch winds? Rare, positive ion storms that are said to sometimes precede thunderstorms. Like a Steven King novel, these witch winds begin to enter unsuspecting towns & villages, first, as a sudden strange breeze that rustles window curtains ands makes dogs bark. Next, there's a car accident, a baby cries, there are sudden mood shifts and people become angry, a fight starts, and ultimately, there's a murder. So, negative ions are good, they clean the air. Positive ions are bad, they can effect mood and wellness. Or, so the theory goes.

Lots of bad things are associated with the onset of rainstorms though. Like you know, or should know, that driving on dry paved roads during the onset of a downpour is particularly dangerous as the water begins to mix with the surface oil layer. It can be like driving on ice. Slippery, and therefore dangerous.

But the raindrops are also stirring up the dry dirt which is then picked up by the gusting storm winds. In the soil are all kinds of bacteria and mold spores that can be harmful or even deadly. I know a lady that claims that's how she lost her husband on a trip to Nevada. Within a week after being exposed to the onset of a rainstorm, he landed in a hospital and died of pneumonia believed caused by a deadly mold spore, I can't remember it's name, but it's also known to kill people after earthquakes. Earthquakes stir up a lot of nasty dust. And there're things like lead and pesticides in it besides unhealthy mold spores. (filters on grow rooms are a good idea, folks!)

Then there's British astronomer Sir Fred Hoyle who proffered all these theories about how the seeds of life are spread throughout the universe by comets and so on. The comets either crash here or the earth passes through their wake and the star stuff trickles down into the atmosphere where it's then picked up by the prevailing winds and spread all over the planet, accelerated greatly by storms. He suggests that viruses are spread this same way and he presented detailed evidence of mass outbreaks of disease caused in this way.

Beware the coming storm, ya'll!

(ha ha... and I'm not even stoned!)

PS: See: Coccidioidomycosis

Archived