Caregiver/patient Looking For Advice

Hello Everyone.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but i just couldn't find the post after searching for over an hour. I do apologize in advance to anyone having to answer these questions for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 100th time!

Question 1:

I am a certified patient and caregiver UNABLE to grow for the time being due to insufficient funds. I HAVE NOT yet received my MM card. My check has been cashed tho. Is it a bad idea to temporarily assign someone else to be my caregiver until i can afford to provide MM for myself?

Question 2: As a caregiver/patient, am I allowed to grow for myself PLUS 5 others? Or just 4 others?

Thanks in advance to any and all help! It is GREATLY appreciated.

xxSesimeseedxx :)

Greetings and welcome to the forums.

1) Here we usually consider that growing your own is the cheapest form of attaining medicine. Sunshine is after all free although many of us are not quite sure how legal outside grows are right now.

Most caregivers charge a healthy premium to assist you with enough green to easy your pain. You may find someone willing to supply you and then keep the extra to make up for their initial outlay to you.

Just remember, if you get into a situation, and it does not work out (they don't already have a supply or don't give you an amount you are happy with in the end), you can file a change form at any time and recover your own right to grow. Paperwork can take a while but that is an option. That said, you will likely be out the medicine that person was producing for you, but you will be free to grow your own. Grow your own. That is the cheapest and most straight forward way to medicate.

There are good caregivers and then there are well intentioned folks who never are actually able to produce.

2) You may grow for yourself and 5 patients. A total of 72 plants.

Good luck! Perhaps someone on this board will make you a decent offer.

Question 1: I am a certified patient and caregiver UNABLE to grow for the time being due to insufficient funds. I HAVE NOT yet received my MM card. My check has been cashed tho. Is it a bad idea to temporarily assign someone else to be my caregiver until I can afford to provide MM for myself?

Question 2: As a caregiver/patient, am I allowed to grow for myself PLUS 5 others? Or just 4 others?

I’ll answer question 2 first. As a patient who grows for self, you are not considered a caregiver, just a patient. A caregiver and assist up to 5 patients. Therefore, a patient who is also a caregiver can grow for up to SIX people.

Now to question one. Your check being cased is a non-issue. The law states that in absent of a card, your paperwork copies will serve until the card is received. That paperwork has the power on the card on the 21st day after being received by the State. This is way forms need to be sent with return signature requested. This way you will no exactly when to start counting days. If you go by when the payment was processed, you may cheat yourself out of a few days.

Because the patient has the right to switched CG any time, and as many times; all CG are temporarily. I wondering why you took on patients if you are unable to provide for your patients? So are you looking for someone to take on you, AND your patients?

You can have a temp CG, and still start your grow whenever you can. You MUST designate yourself as the person who will possess the plants, this is on the CG change form. That way at least there are two "agents" allowed to acquire, administer, etc. the cannabis. Your temp CG can be a supply source, not allowed to cultivate your 12, but legally allowed to help you purchase elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Or, you could try a dispensary, but the prices may turn your stomach. I've been to the one in Dryden and it rocks. I'm on about 0 income, and I was still able to afford to walk away with something. About 250-425/oz. was the price range, or 15/g. something like that. Can't beat homegrown, organic though. You should start with fluorescent lights even if you already have some. That's what we had to do when we grew, worked well enough for the time being.

Best of luck!

Guest Marywanna

You can have a temp CG, and still start your grow whenever you can. You MUST designate yourself as the person who will possess the plants, this is on the CG change form. That way at least there are two "agents" allowed to acquire, administer, etc. the cannabis. Your temp CG can be a supply source, not allowed to cultivate your 12, but legally allowed to help you purchase elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Or, you could try a dispensary, but the prices may turn your stomach. I've been to the one in Dryden and it rocks. I'm on about 0 income, and I was still able to afford to walk away with something. About 250-425/oz. was the price range, or 15/g. something like that. Can't beat homegrown, organic though. You should start with fluorescent lights even if you already have some. That's what we had to do when we grew, worked well enough for the time being.

Best of luck!

DRYDEN has a DISPENSARY???? Where is it???

Question 1: I am a certified patient and caregiver UNABLE to grow for the time being due to insufficient funds. I HAVE NOT yet received my MM card. My check has been cashed tho. Is it a bad idea to temporarily assign someone else to be my caregiver until I can afford to provide MM for myself?

I’ll answer question 2 first. As a patient who grows for self, you are not considered a caregiver, just a patient. A caregiver and assist up to 5 patients. Therefore, a patient who is also a caregiver can grow for up to SIX people.

Now to question one. Your check being cased is a non-issue. The law states that in absent of a card, your paperwork copies will serve until the card is received. That paperwork has the power on the card on the 21st day after being received by the State. This is way forms need to be sent with return signature requested. This way you will no exactly when to start counting days. If you go by when the payment was processed, you may cheat yourself out of a few days.

Because the patient has the right to switched CG any time, and as many times; all CG are temporarily. I wondering why you took on patients if you are unable to provide for your patients? So are you looking for someone to take on you, AND your patients?

Hello, Thank you for your response.

I haven't taken on any patients due to the fact that i cannot afford all of the equipment to start producing. I DO have someone that can be my caregiver until I can afford to grow for myself an others.

The Compassionate Care Center of Michigan (the dispensary in Dryden) is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Dryden above the American Vets building.

Basically, if you can find Dryden, we are across the street from the gas station in an apartment upstairs of the AMVETS building. When looking at the building from the front, we are the green door all the way to the right. There is no signage because of the agreement we made with the village council (who have been very supportive of our cause) not to advertise our presence. It is a temporary location until we can get into a more permanent facility (with handicap access) as soon as possible.

Our address is 5493 Main Street (you can see the number on the door) and the number to reach us is 810-375-2023. We can also be reached via email at cccom@gmx.com

Thanks,

The Compassionate Care Center of Michigan (CCCOM)

Archived