Becareful

hello everyone bigwhl is highly pissoff right the person who was suppose to be my caregiver told me his house got broke into and all my plants got stolen nothing else but my plants they would have been ready the mid of june this really sucks do i think its a inside job yes so for all you newbies be your own caregiver or make darn sure your caregiver has more than just you for a pat

Thanks for the story bigwhl, sorry to hear of your troubles. If you could do it over again, would you do anything differently? I can't think of anything you could put in a caregiver-patient contract that would really prevent this sort of cheating.

I ask as a caregiver with only one patient, a guy whose previous caregiver pulled exactly the same stunt. We tried to come up with some way to guarantee that I wouldn't screw him like this, but in the end it comes down to trust.

I don't often buy things on Ebay, but when I do I look for sellers with a history and reputation to protect, definitely not a new identity with no history behind it. I suppose a few rules like that could be used by patients looking for a caregiver:

• Does your caregiver have a reputation? Is he or she known? (sounds nice, but nobody knew me as a first-time caregiver, I had been doing my thing in secret for years).
  • Does your caregiver already have medicine available? (that would be perfect, but impossible to arrange legally for the first-time caregiver).

Anybody have any more ideas for patient - new caregiver arrangements? I worked things out fine with my first patient, but this is an awkward part of the system. It does sound like there are too many poor an unethical caregivers out there. Do we need a hurdle like this that makes it difficult for the first-time caregiver?

Thanks for the story bigwhl, sorry to hear of your troubles. If you could do it over again, would you do anything differently? I can't think of anything you could put in a caregiver-patient contract that would really prevent this sort of cheating.

I ask as a caregiver with only one patient, a guy whose previous caregiver pulled exactly the same stunt. We tried to come up with some way to guarantee that I wouldn't screw him like this, but in the end it comes down to trust.

I don't often buy things on Ebay, but when I do I look for sellers with a history and reputation to protect, definitely not a new identity with no history behind it. I suppose a few rules like that could be used by patients looking for a caregiver:

• Does your caregiver have a reputation? Is he or she known? (sounds nice, but nobody knew me as a first-time caregiver, I had been doing my thing in secret for years).
  • Does your caregiver already have medicine available? (that would be perfect, but impossible to arrange legally for the first-time caregiver).

Anybody have any more ideas for patient - new caregiver arrangements? I worked things out fine with my first patient, but this is an awkward part of the system. It does sound like there are too many poor an unethical caregivers out there. Do we need a hurdle like this that makes it difficult for the first-time caregiver?

tough question. as a patient AND caregiver in cali for over a decade i can add a few things from both sides. first, of course trust is big, and it ultimately does come down to the c.g./patient relationship. as a patient, i wouldn't trust a "new" caregiver to begin with. sure we all have to be new at some point.... but there is a difference between "new i have never grown anything in my life and have all the equipment and seeds so say a prayer with me and in 3 months you will have meds".......... and then there is "new, but i am a REAL caregiver, with support and knowledge from others who are going to be sure we get through this, i have done my homework and you will have your meds, and to show you that i promise you that will happen, here is (x-amount) of free meds until we get to that point."

as a patient i would never blindly throw my faith in someones hands on a 90 day prayer for supply. if the caregiver isn't "in the know" enough to get me meds before that first harvest, then im going elsewhere.

as a caregiver this sucks.... i remember being new. but i also know what a caregiver should be, and i swear to god my 5 patients will be the 5 luckiest patients in Michigan (at least thats how i feel). i would never consider taking on a patient without having at least SOME meds in hand for them..... and this would definitely help build some trust from the very beginning.

Are you the caregivers only patient ???

Is caregiver also a patient ????

Well if so then might be true...cant see why they would want to mess up a perfect senerio of someone just waiting for marijuana legally grown

But ...it surely is possible

There is a thread here of someone getting ripped lately...is that them?

Get some corroburating evidence one way or another before you get too upset

You want to be holding all the cards and know the answers to the questions before you ask them...that's how you nail em

THen just get a new caregiver...

hello everyone bigwhl is highly pissoff right the person who was suppose to be my caregiver told me his house got broke into and all my plants got stolen nothing else but my plants they would have been ready the mid of june this really sucks do i think its a inside job yes so for all you newbies be your own caregiver or make darn sure your caregiver has more than just you for a pat

have you given him any money ?

Did he file a police report ?

I am sorry. Too much of this going on. Sure seems like there needs to be a way to clean some of this stuff up. Not only are patients like you being hurt & discouraged but it doesn't shine the best lite on the community as a whole.

If it was rippers, there's a special place waiting for them too....................

my suggestion to all is retain possesion of your plants, or assingn some one you know and keep possession of your plants and let them help you! I made the same mistake, assigning a c.g rite when i applied, I did not know the person, and he prob could have sold me a swamp at the time, he said all the rite things, got a deposit from me, and I had to lay in wait to get it back,(yea I woke up after the thrill of becoming legal wore off) I am no where near to being a newbie at using mm or growing, but I was conned, the best of us can get conned once in a while, Now It is time for me to start over again, and do it rite, remember the old saying, "if you want something done rite do it Yourself"

Live and learn!

Peace!

have you given him any money ?

Did he file a police report ?

I am sorry. Too much of this going on. Sure seems like there needs to be a way to clean some of this stuff up. Not only are patients like you being hurt & discouraged but it doesn't shine the best lite on the community as a whole.

If it was rippers, there's a special place waiting for them too....................

Yeah...... We all know were RIPPERS go don't we.......The same place that terrorists go... They are domestic terrorists and should be treated as such. A reminder to every one who reads this.... Be Vigilant Always...Pay attention to your surroundings.. Loose lips sink ships... If your blabbing then you deserve it... Just because the fed isn't scannin your home with thermo imaging doesn't mean that rippers aren't driving around scanning your domain. There are people out there looking to take your stuff... period. This was a huge problem out in CA and now it's MI turn. Were there be legal pot a growin there will be illegal F^ck stains lookin to take it. Peace, Love, and be safe...

Yes dont give up! there are many good c.g's out there, just take your time and pick the one that is rite for you.

I picked the 1st one that answered me, he is a very personable person, but dont know how to grow, he said i could help hiim. would have been a good thing but he took off as soon as i gave him a deposit!! LOL my bad! I got it back dont think the rest of his patients did though! live and learn, and if you want something done rite do it yourself!

Peace!

Yes dont give up! there are many good c.g's out there, just take your time and pick the one that is rite for you.

I picked the 1st one that answered me, he is a very personable person, but dont know how to grow, he said i could help hiim. would have been a good thing but he took off as soon as i gave him a deposit!! LOL my bad! I got it back dont think the rest of his patients did though! live and learn, and if you want something done rite do it yourself!

Peace!

I tell you what there are some shady people in this world.

This is so upsetting!! Is there any recourse through the State, who has documentation of the Caregiver, as listed on your application for the MM card? If someone who is a Caregiver receives enough complaints, perhaps they will lose their ability to be a Caregiver? (I suppose the State won't want to investigate these complaints...I don't know.) Is there somewhere to post the facts of these types of experiences and the name of shady Caregivers?? How can other patients be protected from getting ripped off!!! How upsetting!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you! As a person who had their medicine confiscated when I was so sick I couldn't do anything about it, I can empathize. Just remember that there ARE good people in the world, don't give up.

If Marijuana could just be legalized for everyone, we wouldn't even be having this discussion...

How can you or we know anything until we actually go over, talk to him, get proof, and see it. Until then, the person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. No one on a thread can help you determine truth from the context you gave.

most of the time theivery is done by someone who is close to you or knows you. It very well could be an inside job.

There are alot of good caregivers on this site if you need another.

Good Luck. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

The way I see it this caregiver is going to bury themselves. No one will put up with this kind of stuff. He is going to get some first patients and they will leave after they see what he is doing anbd then word of mouth will get around and he will have no patients. I'm a firm believer in karma, and their time will come.

The way I see it this caregiver is going to bury themselves. No one will put up with this kind of stuff. He is going to get some first patients and they will leave after they see what he is doing anbd then word of mouth will get around and he will have no patients. I'm a firm believer in karma, and their time will come.

+1000!!!

How can you or we know anything until we actually go over, talk to him, get proof, and see it. Until then, the person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. No one on a thread can help you determine truth from the context you gave.

most of the time theivery is done by someone who is close to you or knows you. It very well could be an inside job.

There are alot of good caregivers on this site if you need another.

Good Luck. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I completely agree that a person is innocent until substantive proof of guilt is found. However, this post exposes a need for Caregiver accountability and recourse for Patients who have, based on factual evidence, been robbed. It also shows that protections for Caregivers need to be in place as well. Hearsay (especially based on an Internet usenet/discussion group/forum/bulletin board) shouldn't be used to validate or invalidate a Caregiver's trustworthiness. I apologize for freaking out. I've been robbed one too many times, I guess. Nevertheless, there remains the need to protect BOTH Patient and Caregiver from situations such as:

1) A Caregiver who legitimately has been robbed and is unable to provide a Patient's medicine.

2) A Caregiver who is legitimate, and provides a Patient's medicine, yet is accused of wrong-doing by a Patient due to personality conflicts/insanity on the Patient's part/or whatever...

3) A Patient who has been taken advantage of by a "Caregiver" (note the quotes, implying this person wasn't actually a Caregiver).

Are there currently safeguards in place, besides Karma (in which I ultimately place my trust, but which comes AFTER one has lost one's funds, medicine, and in some cases, LIFE)? If so, what are they? If not, should there be any safeguards and if so, what are they and what can we do to put them in place?

As far as I know, the Compassion Clubs seem to be the only way to help legitimate Patients & Caregivers to connect... Please correct me, as I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just need to know how to protect myself (besides growing my own medicine, which isn't always an option for every Patient). I'm not sure if everyone realizes how vital this medicine is to keeping some of us alive. Not all of us have the life energy or money to waste on playing games with people who think that legalized Medical Marijuana is an excuse to steal from those of us who need it to function, or stay alive.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to my query.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

*** I also continue to believe that if Marijuana were legalized for everyone, there would be far fewer incidents such as the one described above ***

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

But, that's just my opinion and I'm not asking anyone here to advocate for such a thing.

Another side to this is, if many reports of bad cg's get around, it will hurt the entire MM community when our opponents get wind of it and have more to use against us. I wish people would consider the consequences of their actions and how it reflects on the whole community, but sadly many don't, and/or they don't care. They will get their karma but may bring down many innocent people with them when they fall. That's how our society works, I've seen too many examples of this kind of thing, where a whole group gets punished for the actions of one person or maybe a few people. :(

Sb

I was lucky to find my caregiver through a referral. If a new MMJ patient can't find a C.G. by way of a referral, then I think it would be great if there was a database of C.G.'s here in the MMMA Web site.

I wonder if that is impossible to do.

It's possible, I don't know about having one here at this site though. there would be some things to consider first, but a referral system is an excellent idea. I got lucky to find a good cg, too.

Sb

Archived