Are You Angry Yet?

I don't even know what to say about this that the video itself doesn't say.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/05/05/video-of-swat-raid-on-missouri

The text of the article:

In February, I wrote the following about a drug raid in Missouri:

, fires seven rounds at family's pit bull and corgi (?!) as a seven-year-old looks on.

They found a "small amount" of marijuana, enough for a misdemeanor charge. The parents were then charged with child endangerment.

So smoking pot = "child endangerment." Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's safety.

Just so we're clear.

Now there's video, which you can watch below. It's horrifying, but I'd urge you to watch it, and to send it to the drug warriors in your life. This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years—cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime.

But they did prevent Jonathan Whitworth from smoking the pot they found in his possession. So I guess this mission was a success.

I've exchanged emails with the mother of the family, who was in the home at the time of the raid. I'm waiting on her permission to publish her account of what happened.

'Law enforcement agencies' get $$ billions of dollars a year to carry out these raids... if they don't do the raids and spend the money they don't get an increase the next year... so...

And LEO unions spend millions of dollars a year backing anti-MMJ / cannabis laws so that they can remain employed and expand their departments.

Until some of these anti-cannabis laws' are changed at BOTH the Federal and State levels these raids will continue.

VOTE this November!!!

Child endangerment charges for a small amount of pot?? WTF!?!?! They entered his home on a suspicion shot 7 rounds killed 1 dog and severely injured a small corgi lap dog, all while a 7 yr old watched. If that's not endangering a child, I don't know what is. These cops should all lose their jobs and be charged with child endangerment and cruelty to animals. This is absolutely fricken ridiculous. I cannot believe that we live in a country where this happens and it seems no-one cares. These cops keep their jobs and go about their everyday life all while the family is completely traumatized by the actions of these officers. They police and the laws are the problem here, not the small amount of marijuana they found. Why does it take 7 shots to ward off a so called aggressive dog? I can't believe the guy didnt go crazy, I would have, I prolly would've been shot myself. This video really broke my heart. I cant believe people can do these type of things to others.

WOW!

I hope the kid can get over his new found fear of police now.

'Law enforcement agencies' get $$ billions of dollars a year to carry out these raids... if they don't do the raids and spend the money they don't get an increase the next year... so...

And LEO unions spend millions of dollars a year backing anti-MMJ / cannabis laws so that they can remain employed and expand their departments.

Until some of these anti-cannabis laws' are changed at BOTH the Federal and State levels these raids will continue.

VOTE this November!!!

The Gangsters of America Police For Profit...

Register all your friends to vote then make sure they vote.

Our MMJ enemies are comming after us

Vote out the Politician out who control the Gangsters!

So many things wrong with this, the gang in blue seem to do whatever they want, the rights of the private citizen are violated almost without a thought as long as they can find ANYONE to state what they want, paid confidential informants with their own agendas, doesn't seem to matter, and the LEO's get away with it. Almost makes me sad to be a citizen of this great country, the tyranny of the police needs to be exposed and we as citizens need to stand up and say no more will we allow this. The police work for us, they need to learn to respect the privacy of the people of this great country and respect our constitutional rights against invasion of privacy, illegal search and seizure. I pray that this guy finds a good lawyer and sues the pants off each of those individual officers and the department they work for. Things like this happen daily and we never know about it, this poor family is traumatized, and you can be certain that the police will fight tooth and nail to never have to apologize, they feel that the miniscule amount of marijuana justifies their actions, as if the family pets lives are not worth anything, let alone the emotional trauma they put this family through.

Sorry for the long rant, just gets to me seeing our rights trampled without a thought. The courts need to deal with these officers with the same standards they enforce on the rest of society, perhaps some jail time for the cops, cause you know that gentleman had to at the very least spend the night behind bars. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if those officers had to pay for their crimes against this family with a little time in the pokey. It certainly would bring a smile to my face.

Yet another reason to keep under ground and keep your mouth shut! Get laxed and lose your azz to the police!!

This makes me very angry!!! They shot the dog in the cage too!! I have lost a lot of respect A LOT OF RESPECT for our police.

They think doing this to people is CUTE. The police think its fun, its a rush! SHOOT I got a rush watching this, a rush of ANGER!

This could happen to me, it could happen to you!!

don't be blind, folks!

too too sick!! I am in fear of the police!!

I had to walk away from the Computer ...

I personally hope everyone of those Cops get KILLED ....

Everyone thinks its a Joke , till it happens to YOU ....

I better shut up ................................

I understand, it makes me angry too, but I just wanted to say that I don't think it is appropriate to advocate violence against anyone. Not trying to be the moral police, just saying...

Keep in mind that for every one of these cops that actually get off on this stuff, there is one who participates in LEAP, or lays their life on the line to protect someone else. I know it is terrible to see this kind of outrageous behavior, but there are good, even great heroes among them too.

angry is not the word...... wow...

i am an animal lover with 2 dogs, and 2 tigers.

hoy f*cking sh*t i am more than irate. if i didn't have a wife and kids, i would be outside that motherf*ckers house first thing thing the morning with my german shepherd..... no warning, the gentleman goes down the second he opens the front door. she'd have his neck in 2 seconds.

I understand, it makes me angry too, but I just wanted to say that I don't think it is appropriate to advocate violence against anyone. Not trying to be the moral police, just saying...

Your Probly Right....

But let me know how You Feel when the cops kick Your

door in ... Slame your face on the Ground and while

your in handcuffs they frisk your wife where ever they like ...

How ever they like and Smile at You ...

they go through all your personal belongings ...

They go through your wife panty drawer and smile at you ...

They Kill your dog ... They ripp your home completely apart

and there is'nt a thing you can do about ... Nor do they have

to fix anything they break up , even if your 100% innocent .

Trust Me... I " KNOW " how it feels ....

How about going to Prison for almost 3 years for a Crime

you did not Do ?

Then the court of Appeals overturns your Conviction after you've

ALREADY DONE THE TIME ?

and Your Found Innocent of ALL Charges ?

and because we did'nt Sue them on time , It's an OH Well ...

You Have No Ideal what that feels like ....

Am I RESENTFUL ... YOU BET YOUR A$$ I AM ...

Everyday of my Life I wanted to KILL the Cop that Lied on the Stand ...

I went as far as driving infront of the Cops Home and wanted to

Blow his House up w/ his Family in it ... But i did'nt because of his kids ...

What about the Violence they did to me and my Family and Home ?

You have every right to be bitter Tarzan and I DO know what it's like. From another view point.

When your family is chased by a killer, and the ones you though were your friends (LEO)are on the take. They draw down on you in front of you toddlers. All while the killer pulls up to take aim at your wife from the other side of the truck. You make a choice fast (you die by cop or your wife dies by killer). Yes I have been there brother and I dont plan on going back.

Christ said turn the other cheek, He's a better man than me.

I going to bed now. Dont think I will get any sleep, but that is what keeps me fighting.

If we dont pull together this could be everyone's home. John

When I got raided they told me they smelled marijuana I told them I don't smell anything they said they had a warrant and that if I didn't let them in they would destroy my house and take me to jail. I told them my dog is in there he said is he mean I said no but he won't let you in to destroy my house so he said they would kill my dog. They never read me my rights just a lot of threats and intimidation. I let them in so my dog would not be killed I love my dog he is a 8 year old pit bull Ive had him sense he was a puppy and I know some cops kill pit bulls. My dog is nice to people and animals but what is a dog going to do when someone is destroying the home? They wouldn't let me put him in the cage they put the cage to the door the officer had his fingers in the cage while the other officers had guns pointed at me and the dog I thought we were going to get shot I kept my dog under control by talking to him. I didn't want him to be killed and I didn't want the officer to get his fingers broken. Anyway that made me have a panic attack. I don't hate police not even the ones that raided me I just have no need for them. I don't care what happens to me I'll never call them for help or anything else.

needless to say i'm very disappointed,how could we let it get to the point that these people can get away with treating people like this..whats worst is they think that they're doing the people a service..i'm sorry for all of us..at what point do people fight back and give them no quarter...zb

needless to say i'm very disappointed,how could we let it get to the point that these people can get away with treating people like this..whats worst is they think that they're doing the people a service..i'm sorry for all of us..at what point do people fight back and give them no quarter...zb

It got this way because the people who want to be LEO are the last people that should be. The people who should be cops are the ones that dont want to be. Thus it will always be screwed up. I have many life long childhood friends who became five "o". I hate to say this but all of them are alcoholics who drink and drive constantly! It really pisses me off and I tell them they should not be driving. They respond that "they know how to drive drunk, I know what to look for and dont do it". They also all cheat on there wives. I just can not hang with them anymore. I guess my point is cops are scum. ALL OF THEM. It is the personality type, they can not help it. Oh the stories I could tell...

Archived