Capsule Oil?

I have been making capsules for a while now and I just love them! A friend told me that using coconut oil will result in a stronger product, because the t.h.c. "binds" to coconut oil much better than olive oil. Is this true?

I wanted to make more tomorrow and I am wondering if I should run to the store?

How are you making your pills?

I have been making caps with my duff and have been quite please but

would love to hear new methods and ideas.

I use a crock pot/slow cooker because it is harder to burn the meds in my opinion. if you use this method remember to start heating the crock pot before doing anything else, you want to cook the cannabis on the lowest setting. and remember they take a while to heat up.

fist i grind everything up the best i can, then put it in a good coffee cup.

mix the oil with the meds in the cup, then put the cup with the meds in it into the slowcooker.

i use a digital thermometer to moniter heat levels and it helps to keep the crock pot cracked open which is important.

if your using hash you only need to cook for one hour, bud or leaf takes two hours. freeze then cap up and enjoy!

p.s. rememer if your house smells like your burning the bud, you are and should lower the temp.

Do you put any water in the bottom of the crock pot? Like a double boiler? Thanks

Nope... I should have been more clear on the "good coffee cup". What I meant was to use a coffee cup with a tall/thick base or an egg cup.

That is all the "buffer" between the hottest part of the pot and the meds that is needed. I think a double boiler is too risky for me because I suck at cooking... but I think that way is faster if your good! Good luck... Dan.

Can you share the ratios of meds to oils?

Tell us more about making these?

Obviously the capsule machine I use with my duff wont work for this

(duff caps work quite well!)

Actually I do use a regular capsule machine to fill these, I just have to put it in the dishwasher when I'm done.

I'm not sure about the exact ratio of meds to oil. I just pour in the oil slowly while mixing with two or three fingers until every piece is totally covered and sticks together...

If you make them using good bubble (and mabey dry sift), the hash can break down into the oil until there is almost no solid product left and you cap up the oil by itself which can be tricky... But good!!!

The dosage totally depends on the quality of the starting product and the person eating them... Most people I know will only take one or two of the 00 size caps if they are made out of good bud or hash, but three to four if they are made from trim or fan leaf. It all depends.

If patients are not familar to cannabis, starting with one cap of fan leaf might be a good place to start if they don't want to smoke.

But keep in mind there are a few ways to make these, this is just the way I ended up using. Who knows?... there might be better ways out there!

Hope this helped, Dan.

P.S. I am avalable for caregiver services around the Jackson/Adrian area

Archived