Detroit Will Vote This November On Legalizing Cannabis!

I'm all for this, however I've never been messed with by Detroit cops with possessing weed, they have much bigger fish to fry and have been aware of this for some time. It seems to be the suburbs that really get you for petty possession bunny muffin more times then not. Again I am going to vote yes for this because it is the principal and a step in the right direction, but it doesn't legalize it state wide nor does it affect any of the surrounding suburbs.

How ironic that the Detroit renaissance that politicians have spoken of for decades will come from something they fear.

Indeed......Now lets get it on the ballot for all of MI..call it a state revival plan!

I'm all for this, however I've never been messed with by Detroit cops with possessing weed, they have much bigger fish to fry and have been aware of this for some time. It seems to be the suburbs that really get you for petty possession bunny muffin more times then not. Again I am going to vote yes for this because it is the principal and a step in the right direction, but it doesn't legalize it state wide nor does it affect any of the surrounding suburbs.

Jipo... I 'believe' the difference here is that Detroit will be LEGALIZING cannabis... NOT just decriminalizing it.

Once the momentum can get started in Detroit and people (pols and other good citizens) see that the world did NOT come to an end and people didn't run wild in the streets... a move toward a State legalization MIGHT be a little smoother.

It ALSO shows the 'will of the people' and what they want.

But it is darn good of you to go out and vote for it, Jipo... thanks. man.

Jipo... I 'believe' the difference here is that Detroit will be LEGALIZING cannabis... NOT just decriminalizing it.

Once the momentum can get started in Detroit and people (pols and other good citizens) see that the world did NOT come to an end and people didn't run wild in the streets... a move toward a State legalization MIGHT be a little smoother.

It ALSO shows the 'will of the people' and what they want.

But it is darn good of you to go out and vote for it, Jipo... thanks. man.

I understand that I was just trying to make the point, I know for the momentum and the principal of it all is huge. But another thing that worries me about legalization is what happens when corporate America gets their hands on it? Will it still be connoisseur grade? Will we still be allowed to cultivate for ourselves or will it turn into the typical capitalist garbage, produce the most for the least cost...?

I understand that I was just trying to make the point, I know for the momentum and the principal of it all is huge. But another thing that worries me about legalization is what happens when corporate America gets their hands on it? Will it still be connoisseur grade? Will we still be allowed to cultivate for ourselves or will it turn into the typical capitalist garbage, produce the most for the least cost...?

If it's legalized and handled like 'alcohol', we would be allowed to grow a certain amount for personal use just like we can now brew our own beer and make our own wine in limited amounts.

And hopefully there would be nothing to prevent a person (except for getting the license to do so ) from developing and growing a 'fine' cannabis that would just razzel and dazzel the hell out of everyone.

That person might even be YOU, Jipo.

If it's legalized and handle like 'alcohol', we would be allowed to grow a certain amount for personal use just like we can now brew our own beer and make our own wine in limited amounts.

And hopefully there would be nothing to prevent a person (except for getting the license to do so ) from developing and growing a 'fine' cannabis that would just razzel and dazzel the hell out of everyone.

That person might even be YOU, Jipo.

Well you do make good points, I don't have to much faith in capitalism and quality products :lol: If regulated like alcohol and allowed private cultivation for private use I'm all for it. I'm going to vote yes regardless but I have my woes ;)

isn't it de-criminalized in Detroit right now? like it is in Ferndale, Flint, Traverse City and Ann Arbor?

not here in ferndale that i know of when i called the city be for i moved here they told me they don't even have a Medical Marihuana Law hereohmy.gif lol Yep thats what they told me

isn't it de-criminalized in Detroit right now? like it is in Ferndale, Flint, Traverse City and Ann Arbor?

The wording for "Proposal M," which on Aug 3, 2004 will ask Detroit voters whether to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes in the city:

Do you favor amending Chapter 38, Article 11 of the Detroit City Code to exempt people possessing or using marijuana for medical purposes, under the direction of a physician or other licensed medical professional, from the provisions of the code making it a criminal offense to: (1) possess or use marijuana; and, (2) possess a device for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the body marijuana?

A YES vote on November 2, 2010, will change city law to read:

Sec. 38-11-50.Applicability.

None of the provisions of this article shall apply to the use or possession

of less than 1 ounce of marihuana, on private property, by a person who has attained the age of 21 years.

Archived