Todays Meeting In Lansing

Today’s meeting

In short it was an embarrassment to the office it was held in.

Speakers

Richard C

Peanut butter

Joe Blueberry

Victor V

Cushingberry asked us to come.

Asked us to come forward to speak.

Asked each person what they had to say.

Then as soon as they would speak they were cut off and

told that is already on record.

Joe tried again and again to be heard, but Cushingberry was having none of it.

He said there will be another meeting next week to hear from MDCH and their opinion on making the card system a privately administered program.

I don’t know why we could not just do that today. They ( M. Brim & Brenda ?) were there???

We did learn today (after the meeting) that Mary L and VV (their group is called CPU) somehow ended up at a meeting with some PA’s from around the state and MSP. As for the details of the meeting all involved seem to be tight lipped. To me anyway.

Even the MSP guy was kind of evasive about it till he was put on the spot.

I talked with Mr. H from the MSP and believe he may be the voice of the MSP. I will be following up.

Sorry people wasted time and $$$$$$$

John Wells

I had things to do and left right after that big waste of time meeting. What was this meeting about anyway???Ms. Brimm was there and never even got to speak about anything, what was that all about???? . Let me know where and when and I'll be at the next one. I hope more get done at the next one.

Disregard and disrespect. Shame!

Now, that's why we call them for what they really are - NAZIs! Thin-lipped, no-hearted monsters. And, I KNOW that isn't just my opinion.

Those of you who showed up - for all of us - for just that one meeting alone - have done so much more for the greatful People of the world than all of the tyrannist-bigots in Lansing have - and will - EVER do in a thousand lifetimes.

And, for that, we thank you!

Fight the Good Fight - For Our Freedom & Rights.

Free the World - from NAZIs - Like "Dingleberry" - or whatever the heartless monster's moniker is.

John . . . Richard C . . . Peanut butter . . . Joe Blueberry . . . Victor V . . . et al. . . All OF YOU that CARE to SHARE . . . YOU ARE The TRUE HEALERS, THE WORLD's PEACE-MAKERS and THE VALANT HEROs of "WE THE PEOPLE".

Please, never think - for even one second - that your mission is only for naught; Nothing you do is ever in vain; For just knowing that compassionate people like you are working to Free the People of the world from war-mongering "gate-keepers" (like the Granholms, Coxs, Kuipers and Olszewskis) of the world, somehow, makes the pain a bit more bearable for us to live with.

Thanks for the Hope.

Peace & Blessings to YOU ALL!

There is only one thing to do to generate a better cash flow.

Gain the trust of the citizens of Michigan.

As more of the population becomes comfortable with the program in Michigan, the MDCH should see more than three thousand applications per day.

Right now, nine out of 10 people that would qualify for a ID card believe it is possible to get arrested because of applying for the card. Most of these are waiting to see what happens to those that apply for a card. Do they get arrested? When is the big wave of busts going to happen?

Someone tell the congressman: The citizens of Michigan FEAR our government. And that translates to lack of cash flow for the MDCH.

Meetings, like the one yesterday, prove to the citizens of Michigan that our government can not be trusted. These people in Lansing have their foot on the money hose and don't even realize it.

I didn't attend, but am not surprised. I went to an earlier meeting like this one with CushingBerry. He said it himself, he "wants(s) to know how to get that money." He sees medical marijuana as a potential cash cow for the state, nothing more nothing less.

Guest Wayne

It is understandably difficult to comprehend, but when discussing governmental funding one has to come to the realization that a million dollars is to the legislature what a penny is to you and I. One million is the penny you leave in the cup by the register at the party store. Ten pennies = Ten million. Catching on? It may actually be I'm off scale and each penny may represent several million dollars to them.

A person has to remember that most of these government meetings are held as opportunities for pols to get their name in the papers for 'face time' in order to be re-elected under the pretense of showing 'concern' for the voters'

The agencies such as the MDCH ONLY attend when the pols set up a meeting (again usually for getting some press time) or because the agency (MDCH) has been asked or required to report how they are using the funds they receive from our taxes, (which... yes... is usually a joke).

IMHO the ONLY thing the politicians and the agencies (such as MDCH) pay ANY attention to are the loss of VOTES at election time or CUTS in agency budgets.

For the pols and the 'agencies' it's ALL about the pay check.

The only thing they fear even a LITTLE bit is the ballot box.

But I also believe it does help to show up at these meetings because the pols and agencies DO pay attention to how many VOTERS are concerned about the 'issues'... if there is NO interest shown.. then the agencies go happily on their way... and the pols find another 'issue' to put themselves in the spotlight.

The MORE VOTES we can show toward CHANGING the politicians in charge the more influence we will have over the agencies like the MDCH.

VOTES and MONEY = INFLUENCE

Well said, everyone. and THANK YOU for standing up for us. I am very sad to see the awful treatment shown to those of you who took the time to show up and speak out. The man who interrupted you has forgotten his manners. I'm so sorry you felt you wasted your time, I would've felt that way too, that my time was wasted, but I hope you will continue to show up and let them know that we aren't going away just because they want us to- because you have the right to be there. Someone needs to speak for this community. THANK YOU for being there!

Sincerely, Sb

It was government at it's worst. They have no respect for the Government or the People they serve. They should be ashamed of themselves. Some truly great people have been both politicians and patriots. They were notably missing at todays meeting. Send them all home. They are disgraces to their offices. They know nothing of the Constitution or human decency.

unfortunately people who love the constitution and are willing to stand up for it are now considered people to be watched and are viewed as potential terrorists. Sad.

They would disappear Thomas Jefferson if he were alive today. Liberty is a foreign subject to these money hungry mini dictators. In Lansing they are saying, "If they are out of bread, Let them eat Cake". Our Reply, Stop Arresting Patients!

You don't need to be alive to get "disappeared".

>>How bad is the new history curriculum now under consideration by the Texas State Board of Education?

It's so bad that Jon Stewart made fun of it on TV. He played footage of the board voting to remove Oscar Romero from a list of great political and moral figures of the 20th century — because one board member said she'd never heard of the archbishop assassinated by an El Salvador death squad. “That,” cracked Stewart, “is how Oscar Romero got disappeared by right-wingers for the second time!”

The proposed curriculum is so bad that it would strike Thomas Jefferson from a list of Enlightenment thinkers who influenced the world. So bad that it plays down the civil rights and women's rights movements — in a state where minorities and women easily form a majority.

It's so bad that to date, more than 1,200 historians and professors have signed a letter complaining that the revisions “undermined the study of the social sciences in our public schools by misrepresenting and even distorting the historical record and the functioning of American society.”<<

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/6982609.html

The meeting in Lansing went as scheduled. They have heard enough repeat testimony from Peanut Butter, and everyone else over the past few weeks. They are planning to tap an existing appropriations bill to cover the cost of automating and privatizing the MMJ application processing.

(The Friends of George Cushingberry Jr. Blog Article )

The same issues were being brought up by all of the speakers and after speaking with Melanie Brimm she did not have anything new to say.

I forgot to mention the status of the 15 member board responsible for adding additional qualifying medical conditions.

Otherwise, look for a directive to come from this hearing. The main problem is the adminstrative lack of direction from the Department Director, Governor, and Attorney General. This may be on purpose because they never supported the program in the first place and wish it will go away.

Please review this blog entry and I encourage all of you to contact your local state represenative and complain like hell about the time delay and the formation of the 15 member board.

I hope that someone has the balls to send a pettition to add qualifying medical conditions. And when they do, track the number of days and give them all out hell about it also.

State Government can be made to work when you apply the right pressure. The people in the departments are pissed at us because we are creating too much work.

All we are doing is creating job opportunities and you all remember that. Ther is a backlash from haters regarding the program and I continue to hear how this program has no merit. These are the %37 percent who were against us in the first place. And as far as the crap about kids seeing dispensaries, if the kids here walk about 2 more blocks they will pass by the local strip club and a bar or too. Protecting the kids my donkey! Especially when they go home and play violent video games and try to ram their religous beliefs down your throat.

Stay tuned for action from Lansing......

The Friends of George Cushingberry Jr. Blog Article

Where is the petition we can link to, to add new conditions? Some people here want to add to it.

Sb

I thought it was here on this website but in the rules it is as simple as writing a one page letter saying that "I am pettitioning to add (stress) as an additional qualifying condition because Marijuana treats it effectively.

I will check again but that is the gist of how it works. There is a lot on the plate of the House Committee. I spoke with Chairman Cushingberry after the meeting. The explanation is that just like a court, when you receive testimony at a point in the process the testimony must end and the action has to begin. And by listening to what was said over the past few weeks, there is enough evidence present so that the committie can take action in the form of an order, directive, or memo. Enough of the talk and it is time to walk or make something happen.

Look for an order or some directive regarding the privitization of the MMJ computer services. The current administration Gov, and MDCH Director just as soon would allow the program to fall over it's own feet. Then they will turn around and say that the program is too costly and sabatoge it with administrative memos.

The best strategy is to work on the potential candidates for Governor next year and the people who are on our side is, Andy Dillon, Virg Benero, and Alma Wheeler Smith.

The committie has all of this on the record because all meetings are transcribed and documented. It is a quazi-court and there are people that are working against us behind the scenes. Chariman Cushinberry is not one of them and most, if not all on that committee are supportive of the program.

My strong advice is to keep those calls and e-mails coming and going to the State Reps in Lansing. Reading is better than talking because everyting is permanent.

As far as coming to future meetings, if you want to be heard then the best way is to send an e-mail with the subject matter in the subject line. Place on your e-mail a contact number and if they keep getting e-mails on the same subject, then they seem to 'cave in' and come around to the people's way of thinking.

This is no time to lay back.. if you can afford the gas then come on. You get to meet people in person that way.

we need to keep bringing it until the system is right.. period.

What about a class action lawsuit against the MDCH or the State? There are thousands of patients past twenty days waiting on a card. These patients are at significant risk of being arrested or imprisoned for legally possessing and/or growing marijuana.

if the people that ARE busted for being legal they NEED to write there local paper and AIR just what is hapening to the legal population. If everyone that gets popped starts to SING about the UNJUST treatment maybe we can get some backing for the CAUSE...........FREE THE WEED, SING TO THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS.

I sent in requests more than a year ago.

There were two conditions that I requested to be added.

1. The condition of being housed in a hospital. If it becomes clear that doctors can treat a condition with marijuana, they should not have to wait for Lansing red tape to treat a medical condition.

2. The condition of being in hospice care and not expected to live.

What about a class action lawsuit against the MDCH or the State? There are thousands of patients past twenty days waiting on a card. These patients are at significant risk of being arrested or imprisoned for legally possessing and/or growing marijuana.

Suing the gentlemen would be an excellent idea.... There are people in the highest levels of Government that want the program to fail.. Our goal is to elect officials who support the law...

I sent in requests more than a year ago.

There were two conditions that I requested to be added.

1. The condition of being housed in a hospital. If it becomes clear that doctors can treat a condition with marijuana, they should not have to wait for Lansing red tape to treat a medical condition.

2. The condition of being in hospice care and not expected to live.

Did a doctor sign off on that?

After speaking with Ms. Brim, TFOC had a chance to speak with a Michigan State Trooper representative who was summoned to the meeting at the capitol.

TFOC: Why are law enforcement officials on the state and local level continuing to arrest legal Medical Marijuana patients?

MSP: Our officers have no way of validating a participant based on the paperwork provided by the Department of Community Health. Someone could have taken this paperwork and put it through a copy machine.

TFOC: According to the law, the paperwork is valid after 20 days. What can us as patients do to assist in the process?

MSP: The biggest problem that we have with this program is that we are not being provided a list from the Department of Community Health in a timely manner. There is also a clear lack of leadership in the Attorney General’s office regarding the issuance of a directive to State, County, and Local law enforcement officials on Medical Marijuana participants.

:unsure:

It would be nice if EVERYONE knew about these meetings. We need to unite......

My experience with politics in this state is that, absent a paid lobbyist in Lansing 24/7/365 greasing palms, the pols in this state will either go out of their way to make it as difficult for us as they can, or, just lack the guts and integrity to stand with us.

OK .. just who is this "TFOC?"

"The biggest problem that we have with this program is that we are not being provided a list from the Department of Community Health in a timely manner."

Does this mean that they are being provided lists in a untimely fashion?

Exactly what lists are being provided to the state police?

After speaking with Ms. Brim, TFOC had a chance to speak with a Michigan State Trooper representative who was summoned to the meeting at the capitol.

TFOC: Why are law enforcement officials on the state and local level continuing to arrest legal Medical Marijuana patients?

MSP: Our officers have no way of validating a participant based on the paperwork provided by the Department of Community Health. Someone could have taken this paperwork and put it through a copy machine.

TFOC: According to the law, the paperwork is valid after 20 days. What can us as patients do to assist in the process?

MSP: The biggest problem that we have with this program is that we are not being provided a list from the Department of Community Health in a timely manner. There is also a clear lack of leadership in the Attorney General’s office regarding the issuance of a directive to State, County, and Local law enforcement officials on Medical Marijuana participants.

Archived