I had read that article yesterday - please pay particular close attention to what Mr. Cox has to say in the article.

Knock on wood, but right now Detroit already has the lowest enforcement rate on marijuana in the state. There are far more pressing issues for the police to deal with. It would be even nicer to some some suburb of Detroit (or anywhere outside of SE Michigan) get this same sort of ballot initiative going.

As a Detroiter, decriminalization won't have that much of an effect on my life. As it stands right now, I'd rather grow 72 plants legally in Detroit (or even 200 illegally) than be caught with a single joint in any outstate county.

I had read that article yesterday - please pay particular close attention to what Mr. Cox has to say in the article.

Michigan's top prosecutor, Attorney General Mike Cox, said in a statement that the Detroit proposal would change nothing about how drug laws should be enforced in the state's largest city.

Michigan's top prosecutor, Attorney General Mike Cox, said in a statement that the Detroit proposal would change nothing about how drug laws should be enforced in the state's largest city.

Probably because they're not really enforced to begin with :lol:. Plus Cox is a hard donkey, always has been.

Archived