Using Rain Water For Watering

first mate

Hey all....a newbie here...used to grow outside back in the day....i'm now trying inside growing,was just wondering if collecting and using rainwater has any additional benefiets or is the acid rain an issue here.....thanks in advance...firstmate

If you live in somewhere very rural the rainwater is most likely going to be the cleanest water next to a natural spring. However if your in a highly industrialized area you may want to collect rainwater and test ph and ppm lvls to make sure its stable enough to feed to your plants.

If you live in somewhere very rural the rainwater is most likely going to be the cleanest water next to a natural spring. However if your in a highly industrialized area you may want to collect rainwater and test ph and ppm lvls to make sure its stable enough to feed to your plants.

Hey thanks for the info.....live in a real rural area....but the water here is real bad...I wont drink it until i double filter it....like i said i did some growing outside and thats the only water they got, they seemed to do real well from it!!!

Hey thanks for the info.....live in a real rural area....but the water here is real bad...I wont drink it until i double filter it....like i said i did some growing outside and thats the only water they got, they seemed to do real well from it!!!

As long as its stabil, It may be dirty and not drinkable but if its not overly acidic (ph) or extremely hard (ppm) I would say it will be very beneficial, and natural. However if its acidic I would get a rain bucket to collect it, PH it down, if its hard, filter it a bit to lower the PPM, but I wouldn't go for 0ppm as alot of the minerals in natural water can be very beneficial to plant life.

Archived