New Member Question

I am a new patient with a few care giver question. Can I have more than one care giver? If I need to switch care givers do I need to inform my old care giver? I have the forms to send in to switch care givers but I am having a hard time understanding it. Also, can anyone tell me how the dispencaries work for the patient. This all new to me. Any help is appreciated. thanx.

I am a new patient with a few care giver question. Can I have more than one care giver? If I need to switch care givers do I need to inform my old care giver? I have the forms to send in to switch care givers but I am having a hard time understanding it. Also, can anyone tell me how the dispencaries work for the patient. This all new to me. Any help is appreciated. thanx.

1.) No you can have 1 care giver

2.) You should notify them because if they're not your care giver they are now breaking the law.

3.) Dispensaries are a gray area, they're not very public, I know of one in Ann Arbor but I had to call and say who referred me, they called him to verify then they called me back with an address, also Dispensary's tend to be higher priced with lower quality, its a business its not compassion.

My honest advice, Grow your own, keep it hush hush and you'll be fine. Go to a compassion club meeting to discuss things and network according.

Hello and Welcome,

You may only have 1 caregiver at any one time and you must notify your current caregiver immediately if you are dropping them for a new one. The cost is $10.00 to switch caregivers and the new attestation paperwork needs to be filled out and sent to the state to make it all offical. As far as dispensaries I am not sure how all that works but I am sure someone will post as to their particulars.

If you dont inform your caregiver personally, the state will send them a letter letting them know they have about 14 days or so to stop growing for that particular patient and that they no longer needs/wants their caregiver services.

If you dont inform your caregiver personally, the state will send them a letter letting them know they have about 14 days or so to stop growing for that particular patient and that they no longer needs/wants their caregiver services.

How is the state going to know? LOL

Even if you sent in a change form they certainly would NOT address the issue within 14 days.

If you want to change caregivers, send your current caregiver a letter stating your intentions and send it registered requiring a signature. That way you KNOW he/she received said letter. And of course send in your change form as well.

Archived