Cinderella 99 Is Home

I have a little higher bar when I call someone a breeder. She lists Cinderella 99 as a F2. Cindy can never be a filial generation. She is a backcross(bx).

Hey indica :bong7bp:

I see joey weed lists his C99 as an F2 also :blink:.

There aren't many out there who make C99 knock off beans that don't call their C99 an F2, kinda lets ya know where they stand I guess. :huh:

Plant count has been holding me back from starting those Sputnik2 seeds but I will be putting them in the rotation soon. Hopefully in the next run or 2. I need room for 17 veg plants to run 'em. That way I can take 7 cuts from the Sputnik2 mom I currently have and start those beans at the same time. Hopefully we'll get at least 3 girls and a couple sativa looking boys from the seeds.

I know it's kind of slapstick but I'm thinking about crossing some Sputnik2 males to this C99 girl. My mouth waters when I think of the flavor outcome.

This C99 plant may look a tad indicaish but she will send ya to the moon. Never had anything that finished that fast and still provide that kind of sativa type potency. The effect reminds me of colombian gold in a big way, but different flavor.

Every cross I've made with this C99 plant so far has come out wonderful. The potency, smooth flavor and super gooey coating seem to pass over very well.

Sputnik2XC99 seeds wouldn't be very time consuming or expensive to make. I don't know how stable the cross would come out but I'll bet there would be lots of premo plants. May have to make Sputnik2 "F3's" or "F4's" then use some "stable" males. Then I'm not even sure if we could actually make something stable from Sputnik2, never know though. Anyway when seeds are made with less time, effort and expense that can be reflected in our cost & service recovery.

Why make this cross? Because I think the Sp2 would add some flavor and possibly diminish the "paranoia" that C99 is known for. We chose the most potent clone from our original C99 seeds. This one tastes nice but wasn't the tastiest in the bunch (some were very exotic & fruity etc.). She's also one that is known for inducing extreme raciness and a little paranoia, especially for people who aren't used to her.

The flavor of our C99 plant is a floral bouquet of smooth and subtle flavors. Orange tang, pineapple, raspberry, butterscotch, lickerish. It seems like everybody tastes something different or has a different description but I've never had anybody tell me they didn't like it.

Sputnik2 has a stronger kind of flavor that I really like. It's also a bouquet and no surprise when you think about all the super tasty lines that she is made of.

Anyway I don't think the cross could go wrong......

Tri cloud,

where did u get you durban from? the durban ive grown is not a hybrid, in no way looks indica. its claimed by many to be the last pure sativa out there. its a shame some breeders sell it and call it durban knowing darn well its a cross at best.

It was a dutched durban. Still an example of a plant that looks indica but provides a sativa type effect.

Yeah, they like to throw that F around. :rolleyes: Should be a nice cross since the Sput is mostly Apollo 13(Genius x P88).

Hehe yeah it does but most of us who need to know, understand that C99F2 really means (Princessbx3)x(Princessbx3).

I have seen people get this information wrong and you probably read it from one of the sources of misinformation but Apollo13 is actually P75 x genius. P75 is Princess back crossed one time or Princess squared. Soul never crossed C88 (same as P88) to genius which is too bad really. I'm thinking that would have been one potent double back cross. They say Cinderella 88 was more trippy and potent than C99.

P75 was said to smell like Chanel #5 perfume and that's about all I know other than it was used as the father of A13.

P75 = Princess Squared or Princess bx1

C88 = Princess Hexed or Princess bx2

C99 = Princess Cubed or Princess bx3

A13 = P75xGenius

A11=C99xGenius

Princess, Genius and Ginger Ale or Cafe Girl (Ginger Ale & Cafe Girl = same exact plant) all came from the original bag seed that was labeled as Jack Herrer and acquired by Mr. Soul in an Amsterdam coffee shop. The Brothers Grimm made some killer stuff with those seeds and had a serious knack for selecting premium breeding plants. Most of the best strains and crosses around today have some of Souls work in them somewhere.

The work he accomplished paved the way for many of the fast and furious super resinous 50 day plants we are breeding and growing to this day. I myself wouldn't have a pot to tinkle in if it wasn't for his great find and his knowing what to do with it. All my favorite stuff has either C99 or Apollo13 in it. The genetic combination of either plant was and still is very special. :bong7bp:

Hehe yeah it does but most of us who need to know, understand that C99F2 really means (Princessbx3)x(Princessbx3).

I have seen people get this information wrong and you probably read it from one of the sources of misinformation but Apollo13 is actually P75 x genius. P75 is Princess back crossed one time or Princess squared. Soul never crossed C88 (same as P88) to genius which is too bad really. I'm thinking that would have been one potent double back cross. They say Cinderella 88 was more trippy and potent than C99.

P75 was said to smell like Chanel #5 perfume and that's about all I know other than it was used as the father of A13.

P75 = Princess Squared or Princess bx1

C88 = Princess Hexed or Princess bx2

C99 = Princess Cubed or Princess bx3

A13 = P75xGenius

A11=C99xGenius

Princess, Genius and Ginger Ale or Cafe Girl (Ginger Ale & Cafe Girl = same exact plant) all came from the original bag seed that was labeled as Jack Herrer and acquired by Mr. Soul in an Amsterdam coffee shop. The Brothers Grimm made some killer stuff with those seeds and had a serious knack for selecting premium breeding plants. Most of the best strains and crosses around today have some of Souls work in them somewhere.

The work he accomplished paved the way for many of the fast and furious super resinous 50 day plants we are breeding and growing to this day. I myself wouldn't have a pot to tinkle in if it wasn't for his great find and his knowing what to do with it. All my favorite stuff has either C99 or Apollo13 in it. The genetic combination of either plant was and still is very special. :bong7bp:

Thanks for the history and background info. TC and IJ and all. I appreciate it very much, my friends!!

We were just talking about Dutchgrown yesterday at the club, I am far from an expert but even I know she is full of crap. I was doing some research on her and boy they make her sound good.Worked with Soul,Neville,Soma,etc, yadda yadda.I for one would love to see more women breeders,but not if their hype and misinfo is no better the Arjan.

The huge strain list that is posted at most sites must be wrong then.

http://www.thcfarmer...eage-list-1093/

http://www.icmag.com...t=tropical+rain

http://skunkmagazine...g50325#msg50325

Yeah I know, the internet is full of misinformation. I can tell you I have read about the Apollo13 Lineage straight from Cannabis World many moons ago and Soul said it was p75xGenius. I know because this argument has been around as long as the misinformation started 10 yrs ago.

Back then the argument could easily be settled just by going to cannabis world and reading the Brothers Grimm forum. It's too bad that info wasn't saved somewhere. I have seen the C99 story pasted all over the place but it seems nobody saved the Apollo13 story.

I tried finding a certain page I used to refer to but it seems to have vanished from Google and I lost the link. SubCool is another guy who has been growing Apollo13 for a long time and he seems to have it right. Here are a couple links you might be interested in:

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=128694&si=13

https://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/hall-fame/8583-apollo-13-a-2.html

Thanks for the info tricloud. I know my A-13 is quite a challenge to trim as Sub says, I bought a pair of Fiskars no stick scissors just for the Apollo. They lasted all of 5 min before being rendered useless by the resin.

I also like what he said about A-13 liking cooler temps,and now that i'm in soil i have vegged both A-13 and Cindy for a couple of months. Gonna need lots of branch support,good thing i bought a ton of bamboo stakes.

Thanks for the info tricloud. I know my A-13 is quite a challenge to trim as Sub says, I bought a pair of Fiskars no stick scissors just for the Apollo. They lasted all of 5 min before being rendered useless by the resin.

I also like what he said about A-13 liking cooler temps,and now that i'm in soil i have vegged both A-13 and Cindy for a couple of months. Gonna need lots of branch support,good thing i bought a ton of bamboo stakes.

Our Apollo13 is quite dreamy to trim. The leaves that are there are gooey but our A13 has a very low leaf count.

• 1 year later...

Great read....very informative read! I've grown Cindy before and for a indy lover she is something I'd keep around. I obtained some beans from a trusted friend and breeder Motarebel, he knew I was looking for em so he hooked me up unexpectedly, mad respect and good lookin' out bro, I've been searching the web for Cindy99 info as I have both f2 and f3 beans I'll be starting soon and doing some of my 1st official breeding projects with the selected females & studs! The studs have a very nice harem of elite cuts waiting too, like Deathstar, Sour D, Sour Grapes, etc., etc. Wish me luck!

Edited by symbiote420

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...