Cpvc In Areo?

welj31

When speaking with a zoning guy and a guy at local hardware store both said PVC is not "aproved" for Hot water but CPVC is for hot water. I also seen on my last trip that there is a pipe system called "plex" good for hot and cold, but is MUCH more flexable than pvc or cpvc. Anotner thing is the "plex" uses fittings like compression fittings so no glue or primer. Larger range of sizes too. Thanks for the input guys I wanted to mmake sure I was not leaching some bad juju into water.

At one time I used CPVC for everything, then I noticed that CPVC becomes brittle over time. I now use PEX for everything, no primer or glue just slip in the fitting and crimp and the shut off valves for pex are much better.

When speaking with a zoning guy and a guy at local hardware store both said PVC is not "aproved" for Hot water but CPVC is for hot water. I also seen on my last trip that there is a pipe system called "plex" good for hot and cold, but is MUCH more flexable than pvc or cpvc. Anotner thing is the "plex" uses fittings like compression fittings so no glue or primer. Larger range of sizes too. Thanks for the input guys I wanted to mmake sure I was not leaching some bad juju into water.

Pex is the way to go.. It is a stable Plastic and will not bleed off chemicals or become brittle like cpvc. Deffinetly a good idea anytime you build a project to flush a couple of times before adding plant material. You never know whats on those materials!! Better to be safe than sorry!! Good luck Peace

Pex is the way to go.. It is a stable Plastic and will not bleed off chemicals or become brittle like cpvc. Deffinetly a good idea anytime you build a project to flush a couple of times before adding plant material. You never know whats on those materials!! Better to be safe than sorry!! Good luck Peace

I hear that better safe than sorry

Archived